UK ready to quit EU on 'Australia terms' if no Brexit deal, Johnson says

rooster59

8 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

Good morning.

I think the 3,7 million eu nationals of the EU like the nice weather and the friendly people in th UK. 

In addition, the English language is widely used. English is a compulsory subject in all EU schools and is relatively easy to learn. So it makes sense for many to try their luck in the UK. 

The UK also has a great need for geriatric nurses, hospital nurses, cleaners, harvest workers and construction workers. These jobs are not so popular with the British. That is why in the past the UK retirement homes, hospitals, hotels, vegetable growers and construction companies were grateful to be able to fill the relatively poorly paid jobs with EU foreigners.

on your last point just go,es to show what a workers utopia the eu must be.

2 hours ago, johnpetersen said:

Please. The Euro has been an almost unmitigated blessing for Germany. The value of the Euro is depressed because of those southern economies. What would the cost of German exports be if it still used the Deutschmark?

if it wasn,t for the eu there wouldn,t be any german exports,no one would be able to afford them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, bannork said:

True, but as leader of Labour he was effective.

if you mean at murdering innocent civilians he certainly was,pity the working classes realised what a sell out he was,blair in politics was like a two bob,sorry two week millionaire in pattaya,lend,lend lend to spend spend spend.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, johnpetersen said:

Please. The Euro has been an almost unmitigated blessing for Germany. The value of the Euro is depressed because of those southern economies. What would the cost of German exports be if it still used the Deutschmark?

No the Euro has been a gigantic drain on German taxpayers. Who now pay for Greece, Polish motorways and will now bail out Southern Europe with Corona aid. Merkel, the great idiot, agreed to Coronabonds on top.

Germany did exceptionally well with exports prior to the EU and would do exceptionally well with exports without the EU.

Edited by Logosone
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Well do something about it then, because you are being helluva clingy for all that bravado!

i wish they would .scotland gets "free" prescriptions and education paid for by english taxpayers who have to pay for both subsidies.theres owt for nowt lad.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Logosone said:

Tell me about it, the cost of the EU for Germany is crushing. We basically pay Greece, and now another wealth transfer to Southern Europe is looming, Covid19 reparations. And of course the Stan and Ollie duo of vd Leyen and Merkel have agreed to Coronabonds. It's bad.

But I believe the UK had a trade deficit with EU countries before it joined the EU, no?

No, Germany has benefitted at Greeces cost due to the Euro .

The Deutschmark would be surging due to the strength of the German economy and the Greek Drachma would be plummeting .

Which would make Germanys exports expensive .

The Euro remains low, due to Countries like Greece keeping it down and Germanys exports remain competitive 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

No, Germany has benefitted at Greeces cost due to the Euro .

The Deutschmark would be surging due to the strength of the German economy and the Greek Drachma would be plummeting .

Which would make Germanys exports expensive .

The Euro remains low, due to Countries like Greece keeping it down and Germanys exports remain competitive 

Hahahahahahahaha.

Benefitted at Greece's cost. That's priceless.

Picked up the tab for Greece's lies and economic mismanagement more like.

Currencies do not just go one way and the German economy has had it's issues, I doubt the Mark would be a problem for exports, it wasn't when we had it. We did very well indeed with the Mark.

Germany's exports are always competitive because we produce better quality than anybody else. Do you think people buy Mercedes and BMW because they like Germans so much? They buy it because of quality.

Same with German machines, chemicals, sports apparel and other consumer goods. We will always be competitive because we are the best. We produce the best. And we are the best looking. Plus we won four World cups. 

Nothing will ever stop German genius. Nothing.

4 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Hahahahahahahaha.

Currencies do not just go one way and the German economy has had it's issues, I doubt the Mark would be a problem for exports, it wasn't when we had it. We did very well indeed with the Mark.

Germany's exports are always competitive because we produce better quality than anybody else. Do you think people buy Mercedes and BMW because they like Germans so much? They buy it because of quality.

Same with German machines, chemicals, sports apparel and other consumer goods. We will always be competitive because we are the best. We produce the best. And we are the best looking. Plus we won four World cups. 

Churchill ?

• Like 1

On 6/28/2020 at 11:44 AM, vogie said:

Too many remainers can't see it but they are no different to the Japanese soldiers of WW2 hidden in the Philippine jungle not believing that the war is over. Believe me, the war is over and we're leaving the EU.

I wonder why the UK is still in the EU. They could have say since years "we are out now, lick my ...". But they don´t. I wonder why. Perhaps because they want to have a deal with the hated EU? 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, johnpetersen said:

What would the cost of German exports be if it still used the Deutschmark?

How low could be the taxes for the people and the companies like car makers if Germany wouldn´t pay billions to the EU? A higher currency would make the cars more expensive, lower taxes would make them cheaper. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Logosone said:

No the Euro has been a gigantic drain on German taxpayers. Who now pay for Greece, Polish motorways and will now bail out Southern Europe with Corona aid. Merkel, the great idiot, agreed to Coronabonds on top.

Germany did exceptionally well with exports prior to the EU and would do exceptionally well with exports without the EU.

those were the days my friend,you thought they,d never end..........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Logosone said:

Hahahahahahahaha.

you,re right there letting in over a million economic migrants was a stroke of genius.they,ll soon dilute the germanic gene pool.

Edited by kingdong
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Logosone said:

Hahahahahahahaha.

Never...ever

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingdong said:

perhaps if the greeks washed up after every meal like the rest of us instead of smashing their plates they wouldn,t be in their current financial predicament.

do the dishes liquids ain't cheap nowadays

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

The second part is half correct. If the euro did not exist and Germany had its D mark, Germany could control the value of the D mark via the exchange rate hinge and its monetary policy. Which would be much more advantageous. Just like the UK kept its British pound.

This is untrue. You can only wring so much devaluation out of monetary policy. If a huge surplus of foreign currency flows into your economy, for whatever the reason, be it for interest rates on government bonds or from a trade surplus the value of the currency goes up. This is a very basic exchange rate truism. In fact, it's at the foundation of how exchange rates work.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, candide said:

This rationale may be relevant for countries who have an industry, such as Italy, but I am not sure about Greece. The reason is that Greece doesn't produce much, so a devaluation would not make it more competitive. Agricultural prices depend on world prices and the country is already overwhelmed by tourists. It would also increase the debt burden.

As mentioned by tomacht8, the problem originates in more fundamental issues: getting people and institutions such as the Greek Church to actually pay taxes, having an efficient administration, an accurate land register, etc...

I appreciate what you say but the most fundamental thing is that Greece, after adopting the Euro, does not have full control of the currency it uses.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, johnpetersen said:

This is untrue. You can only wring so much devaluation out of monetary policy. If a huge surplus of foreign currency flows into your economy, for whatever the reason, be it for interest rates on government bonds or from a trade surplus the value of the currency goes up. This is a very basic exchange rate truism. In fact, it's at the foundation of how exchange rates work.

Yes. We can see this in the THB at the moment.

7 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

I wonder why the UK is still in the EU. They could have say since years "we are out now, lick my ...". But they don´t. I wonder why. Perhaps because they want to have a deal with the hated EU? 

Points to note: The UK left the EU on the 

1 February 2020, 6:00 am GMT+7

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, johnpetersen said:

Not quite with the Euro,its a manipulated currency,now to its great expense the US have taken measures to curtail this practice.  The Euro (German ) one is undervalued by a factor of 25%,that can be put right quite quickly by tariffs

All Germany does is dump its products,cheaply manufactured ones,its worse than China,but that is changing

Edited by izod10
  • Haha 2