UK ready to quit EU on 'Australia terms' if no Brexit deal, Johnson says

rooster59

7 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

I look forward to Scotlands first minister being referred to by her name rather than the hilarious "Jimmy Krankie" title she has been awarded by all the Brexiteers. 

Do not hold toooo long the mirror on their face as it could be lethal on them ….….????

high blood pressure can provoke  cardiac attack  ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, vogie said:

I think the big difference we have here is that if anyone makes a negative remark about Mrs Merkel that the Germans and the rest of the EU would not give a 'like', where-as anybody and everybody can insult the UK and some Brits are queuing up to give a 'like' and that is the measure of our country at the moment.

You honestly believe its all one way traffic?

Have a look at your own voting record.

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

Do not hold toooo long the mirror on their face as it could be lethal on them ….….????

high blood pressure can provoke  cardiac attack  ????

Hmmmm, talking about cardiac stuff, you should put aside worrying about your inevitable tax hike............????....................????

19 minutes ago, transam said:

My reality is not your..........

crystal-ball-e1535662259363.jpg.e37741fdad8406b4d8381c940fed9d68.jpg

Oh.... so you don't have this model one ….. now I understand you'r thinking way.....????

th4UFYCVIO.jpg

Edited by david555
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, transam said:

Hmmmm, talking about cardiac stuff, you should put aside worrying about your inevitable tax hike............????....................????

You'r talking ….. what about the U.K. money tree spraying in full around …? Now all goes … before no money for police (shrinking ) not for NHS , not for school meals , not for universal  credit ….etc.

And now ….. who goes pay that ? ….. seizing (borrowing..) Iran frozen money maybe...???? , or keep the Venezuela Gold as collateral ....???? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, david555 said:

You'r talking ….. what about the U.K. money tree spraying in full around …? Now all goes … before no money for police (shrinking ) not for NHS , not for school meals , not for universal  credit ….etc.

And now ….. who goes pay that ? ….. seizing (borrowing..) Iran frozen money maybe...???? , or keep the Venezuela Gold as collateral ....???? 

The non Brit that also uses a crystal ball and reads Brit lefty rags......????

PS. Your country is, now don't be ashamed if it is not Germany, I promise not to take the p_ss out of your MP's.....????

1 minute ago, transam said:

The non Brit that also uses a crystal ball and reads Brit lefty rags......????

PS. Your country is, now don't be ashamed if it is not Germany, I promise not to take the p_ss out of your MP's.....????

NO not agreed with that …..  only accepting a no conditions surrender ????.... and with a clean white cloth ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

Taking the p_ss out of another countries MP's appearance is not humour, only from folk who are in a corner, nothing to offer, and childish.....

English humour travels better .... "picaninnies" and "watermelon smiles"... great export

Edited by Opl
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, johnpetersen said:

All those japanese companies started out small and have vastly outgrown leica. And you persist in maintaining that Leica was not slow to adopt digital technology. Do you think the Wall Street Journal was just making that up? That Leica didn't fire its CEO for pushing it to go into digital? 

As for Tesla, I can see that you refuse to read that article by the German engineer. So what can I say. Teslas are built form the ground up to be EVs. Other car manufacturers are just adapting what they had before. And maybe you know better than all the stock pickers but Tesla's shares are way way up. For instance software can update virtually all systems. No other EV offers that. People who look closely at the automobile industry are very impressed. And they say driving a Tesla is like driving no other car. I noted in that JD Powers article they said that Germans were very loyal to their brands. Despite their shortcomings. So when I read about your comparing a Lexus to a Mercedes I saw what they meant. Love is blind.

But you're right about Miele. It is very advanced. 

No I did not say that Leica were not slow to adopt digital, of course they were. I said they have by 2014 adjusted incredibly well and make some of the best digital cameras on the market. And are profitable six years in a row. Leica is an example of a company that is on the ball, makes superb quality products and is highly profitable. 

Regarding Tesla, since you like your JD Power surveys so much, what did they say about Tesla?

"Tesla Quality Falls Short in J.D. Power Car Survey

Tesla vehicles, in their first time appearing in the survey, were found to have 250 problems per 100 vehicles compared with an industry average this year of 166 problems, according to the annual Initial Quality Study released Wednesday. The second-worst-performing brand, Land Rover—owned by Tata Motors of India—had 228 problems per 100 vehicles, the car-rating company said."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/tesla-quality-falls-short-in-j-d-power-car-survey-11593014428#:~:text=Tesla vehicles%2C in their first,Initial Quality Study released Wednesday.

So Tesla the worst performing car in the entire survey. Talk about shortcomings.

There is absolutely no question that Porsche, Mercedes, BMW and Volkswagen already make better electric cars than Tesla, or, in the case of Volkswagen, will be making better electric cars. Here's a review of the Porsche Taycan:

"Game changing Porsche Taycan redefines electric performance"

Every once in a while, a car comes along that changes the game and in so doing, sets a yardstick by which all others will be measured. The Taycan, Porsche's first fully electric car, is such a machine."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterlyon/2019/11/26/game-changing-porsche-taycan-redefines-electric-performance/#6168d403205f

And that's only Porsche's first attempt! Lol.

Look, there is a reason why not just Germans, but people the world over are loyal to German cars. Just ask Jerry Seinfeld. They are the best cars. 

12 hours ago, johnpetersen said:

So most German camera manufacturers failed. What does that say? And Japanese top of the line cameras are hardly cheap technology. In fact, as far as the digital aspect is concerned still way outcompeting Leica.

It says that the Japanese copied German cameras started producing them more cheaply and then better, with the exception of Leica.

Japanese top of the line cameras are very cheap compared to Leica top the line cameras, trust me on this.

6 minutes ago, david555 said:

( Joke of the day !!.... ????

The man from " free trade deal with the EU after leaving should be the “easiest in human history”.???? )

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/08/uk-nominates-liam-fox-world-trade-organization

UK nominates Liam Fox to lead World Trade Organization
Government describes former international trade secretary as ‘ideal candidate’ for top job 

Liam Fox, Britain’s former international trade secretary, will be nominated by the UK to be the next head of the World Trade Organization (WTO), the government’s Department for International Trade has confirmed.
Fox was a cabinet minister in Theresa May’s government between July 2016 and July 2019, and has been a Conservative MP since 1992.

He is known as a prominent supporter of Brexit, and said in a 2017 interview that the UK’s free trade deal with the EU after leaving should be the “easiest in human history”.

The government described Fox as “the ideal candidate” to lead the WTO and listed his attributes including his advocacy for multilateralism, his “decades of experience in global politics, as well as first-hand experience of running a trade ministry” and his belief that global prosperity and security are underpinned by rules-based free trade.

Well at least you have found a replacement for the Beano...????

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

Australia terms?

The UK wine trade industry is also complaining.

https://m.dw.com/en/uk-fine-wines-face-brexit-hangover/a-54074927

They never bin a third country ……, so they don't realize how many U.K. laws has to be ...or Rubber stamped as original E.U. laws (being together the architects of it) or completely new ones voted…. better the U.K. PM's are ready for overtime and probably in need of a raise ...

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, david555 said:

UK nominates Liam Fox to lead World Trade Organization
Government describes former international trade secretary as ‘ideal candidate’ for top job 

Yes that has to be great news for both leavers and remainers alike, it will be good for the Brexiteers to have a staunch leaver at the helm whilst for the remainers it will give them another chance to use their repetetive jargon, it is 4 years old now but they still find comfort in repeating it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Logosone said:

"Labour said the WTO would "immediately discount" Mr Fox for the role.

Shadow international trade secretary Emily Thornberry said it was "extraordinary" Mr Johnson would choose a candidate he fired from his role after becoming PM, adding: "There will be little trust in somebody who promised so much in regards to Britain's future trade yet delivered so little."

Mr Fox joins a field of candidates including Kenya's culture minister Amina Mohamed, who became the latest to confirm her candidacy on Tuesday evening. They join Egypt's Hamid Mamdouh, Tudor Ulianovschi from Moldova, and South Korea's Yoo Myung-hee. Jesús Seade Kuri from Mexico and Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala from Nigeria complete the field."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-53333616

So Fox will never be appointed basically. Despite the other candidates being from Kenya, Egypt, Moldova, Mexico, Nigeria and SKorea.

I imagine when the votes are counted its going to be another Eurovision song contest for the UK ????

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

I imagine when the votes are counted its going to be another Eurovision song contest for the UK ????

How very strange the BBC has not reported on the EU's candidate Arancha Gonzalez at all.

"Spanish Foreign Minister Arancha Gonzalez has the European Union’s support to become the next head of the World Trade Organization, WirtschaftsWoche reported.

U.S. opposition means that former EU Trade Commissioner Cecilia Malmstrom has no chance of landing the WTO’s top post, the German magazine says, citing unidentified officials in Brussels.

Diplomats in talks in Geneva have expressed sympathy for an African successor, but were unable to identify a compelling candidate, WiWo says"

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-23/spain-foreign-minister-gonzalez-favorite-to-lead-wto-wiwo-says

So looks like the Nigerian is the front-runner as the current preference is for an African. I wonder why.

Clearly the US will veto any European and the EU will veto any Anglo-Saxon. It will have to be one of the exotics.

Edited by Logosone
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

The Nigerian lady is also highly educated and competent. Which should be the primary driver for who gets the job.

Fox is neither of those things.

Well, she got a mangum cum laude, not summa cum laude, but okay PhD and from Harvard. It's not bad.

Still, she spent 25 years in the US working for the World Bank, so she'd be a disaster for Europe. She's obviously very US centric.  Or she hates the US after living 25 years in Washington. Could be as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, david555 said:

I remember many such remarks from brexiteers side about example ...Juncker & others  ????

but same as always you right wingers  have the monopoly about …. everything 

Jucker was frequently drunk on parade and he rightly got slagged for it.

Edited by nauseus
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, david555 said:

They never bin a third country ……, so they don't realize how many U.K. laws has to be ...or Rubber stamped as original E.U. laws (being together the architects of it) or completely new ones voted…. better the U.K. PM's are ready for overtime and probably in need of a raise ...

Waffles for breakfast again, David? 

• Haha 1