UK ready to quit EU on 'Australia terms' if no Brexit deal, Johnson says

rooster59

2 hours ago, GuyFawkes said:

Shows how little you know.  By former colonies I am guessing you are referring to Australia.  If so, to enhance your limited knowledge, Australia does not have a trade deal with the EU and I quote the

EU trade chief: ‘Australia-style’ Brexit agreement means no deal

‘We do not have an agreement with Australia,’ Phil Hogan says.

Updated 2/5/20, 11:36 AM CET

'

You Brexiteers are a funny preculiar lot (meaning a unique group). Phil (and Ursula) was trying to politely tell Boris that he was the babbling idiot that he is, when he said what the topic quoted at the OP here. Steady on there.

Edited by paddypower
spelling
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, paddypower said:

You Brexiteers are a funny preculiar lot (meaning a unique group). Phil (and Ursula) was trying to politely tell Boris that he was the babbling idiot that he is, when he said what the topic quoted at the OP here. Steady on there.

Are you saying the Brexit winning voters are all funny peculiar...? ????

5 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Well definitely not funny ha ha very often. ????

Brexiteers are like my dog Rover. He spent 10 years chasing the neighbours cat, then one day he actually cornered it and didn't have a clue what to do next. So he sat down and licked his bal!s. 

Similar stuff will happen to the remainer crowd after the UK moves on, and moved to Germany, in fact there are very few remainers posting here now, hope ol' Bomber is OK in the land of Man o' war cheap beer.....????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, nausea said:

Just posturing, both sides know it's a win/win situation or a lose/lose situation. Like, the UK quit on "Australia terms", I don't think so.

Yeah but you knew what you were voting for yeah?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, tebee said:

it is a lose/lose situation. But the EU has much more to lose long term by capitulating to the UK's demand that it be given member privileges without contributing and abiding by the EU's rules and governing institutions. 

How long would a Golf  Club last if they let one former member play for free and not have to abide by the club rules ?

your pension is paid in sterling,yes?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nausea said:

Just posturing, both sides know it's a win/win situation or a lose/lose situation. Like, the UK quit on "Australia terms", I don't think so.

I would tend to agree with you. The "standards" issue is a non-issue as it will be freedom INO anyway. It's more a question of finding a diplomatic way to express it. Other issues, however, may be more difficult to solve. So who knows?

However, there are also personal issues. BoJo may think he would have a more interesting job and a better opportunity to leave his mark on history in case of no-deal.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, kingdong said:

your pension is paid in sterling,yes?

Unfortunately yes most of it, however I do get some pension in Euros and some royalty income is $

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Loiner said:

It's win/win all the way for the UK.

Your club's old captain and local businessman has supported the club and its members for so long now that you have given him a honorary membership. It was great while the club took advantage of his firm's sponsorship and all the members did plenty of trade with his company, but now his shareholders are going international and will not take care of the CEO's pet golf club any longer. His company is still happy to trade with the established customers at the golf club, especially the other committee members whose own businesses and special deals rely on his trade. He was a stickler for the club rules and is unlikely to break any, so he's allowed to play anytime so long as the committee's business interests are maintained. 

That maybe a bit complicated for some here to understand.........????........????

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Logosone said:

Those in the UK who want a "no-deal" Brexit obviously do so for ideological reasons and ideological reasons alone. They are, across the board, English nationalists and just sick of the EU.

There is nothing to be gained by the UK from a no deal scenario but a lot to be lost.

I would agree that Covid19 and Brexit will cause economic hardship for the UK that is not yet fully appreciated.

The fact that the Pound has not gotten anywhere close to its true value of 1.30 for a long time now would indicate the money markets are not hugely confident in the prospects of the UK economy.

No deal is perfectly acceptable to me......

..... ONLY if a deal cannot be struck by the negotiating parties. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

No deal is perfectly acceptable to me......

..... ONLY if a deal cannot be struck by the negotiating parties. 

Acceptable or not .....it is the inevitable outcome anyway then 

So that "acceptable "is just " sugar coating " a sour thing

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1