BANGKOK
rooster59

UK ready to quit EU on 'Australia terms' if no Brexit deal, Johnson says

41 minutes ago, Loiner said:

So we are agreed that the EU is protectionist. Why shouldn't the UK enjoy cheaper products from anywhere in the world?

Uh? EU never wanted to stop UK to do that, and would no have any way to do so anyway.

What UK agrees with countries outside EU is not EU business. Everyone agrees on that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, johnpetersen said:

Actually, it may not be their business but it most likely will affect them...favorably. If the UK lowers its tariffs without special agreements. then under world trade rules it has to grant those reductions to all members of the WTO. One of those members is the EU.

True. So it will be easier for EU to sell in UK. Thank you 🙂

But there is no reciprocity; EU will keep its tariff for UK wanting to sell in EU, same as with other countrie on WTO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

barnier is getting angry again ,things not going his way

they would sooner throw  A SPANNER  in the works THAN CONCLUDE A SENSIBLE DEAL..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, kingdong said:

on your last point history repeating itself,did they ever get their bikes back?

Who knows but more importantly did they ever get their dignity back? I know that answer and so do many here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

Uh? EU never wanted to stop UK to do that, and would no have any way to do so anyway.

What UK agrees with countries outside EU is not EU business. Everyone agrees on that.

That's what EU tariffs have done to the EU, while collecting tax for the EU! Did you not understand that? 
Now that we have left, it is not EU business although they would still like it to be. Are we agreed on that?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

if you really think so, you have read Express.co.uk way too much !

What about this :

Ciub7hIUYAA9clq.jpg

None of those are any good to anybody whose job was exported to eastern EU. 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Loiner said:

1) You are trying to explain the unexplainable with selective eurobabble. Why explain for example how the EU tariff on Oranges saves our UK farmers? Now that we have left, we control which tariffs are applied, not the EU.

2) Post-Brexit the UK can control import of cheapened products from countries like India as necessary. While in the EU we could not control the export of jobs to low-wage countries like Poland. (Or the import of low wage and low skilled workers from there.) Glad we are out.

3) Nothing underhanded at all, I'm only too happy to enrich the UK with any type of money from the EU. I've been disgusted for years how the EU has taken UK money.

The EU will not do business with criminals???? You ARE the criminals and have been dealing with other criminals for years.

1. What a stupid question.

The UK grow oranges? 

2. Even in a Brexit UK, the UK cannot prevent relocation from Companies 

abroad. Or should all companies be nationalized?

3. Unfortunately only shouting without substance. Therefore I save my comment. Logically you say that the UK politicians of the past 40 years have all been stupid.

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 1