UK ready to quit EU on 'Australia terms' if no Brexit deal, Johnson says

rooster59

6 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Cummings, Gove and BoJo are just spreading project fear!

So for once they not accuse the E.U  for that ….?

But it looks more like project reality ….

Edited by david555
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

It does not matter if you did or did not know what you were voting for.

What you can not do later on is say "This is not what I voted for".

Because we remainers knew what you were voting for and we will remind you every time the UK is hit with more bad news. Although I will only be doing that up until independence is achieved. After that I will simply sit back and laugh.

I have wanted the UK to to leave the EU for the last 28 years and I am glad it is finally happening. The perceived "bad news" that you mention is due to a series of possible economic consequences that may arise after we stop our association with this project, which has lasted for nearly 50 years. During that time the EEC/EU has created ever more political entanglement for its members, increasing loss of sovereignty, with the cost for the UK far greater than any real benefit. After so much time of course there will be problems to extricate ourselves from this EU web, which I believe exists more for EU control than for efficiency. 

You seem more concerned about independence for Scotland than anything else - fair enough if that's what you want (and if that is truly what the majority of Scots want) - but if you want true independence then you really need to stay away from the EU.

Yes, you still don't know what we were voting for, or more likely don't want to know. That much is obvious now.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

It does not matter if you did or did not know what you were voting for.

What you can not do later on is say "This is not what I voted for".

Because we remainers knew what you were voting for and we will remind you every time the UK is hit with more bad news. Although I will only be doing that up until independence is achieved. After that I will simply sit back and laugh.

The only thing that is happening so far, is what we voted for. The closer we get to No Deal is closer to that vote. Anything that comes of a negotiation will only be if it is beneficial to the UK.

What the Remainers think (some hope) could happen after that is only the remnants of Project Fear. None of you have anymore forecasting accuracy than Mystic Meg. We are all sitting back and laughing at that independence prediction by your spaewife - another remnant of another referendum you voted for, but didn't win.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, david555 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jul/12/government-spend-700m-readying-uk-border-brexit

Holidaymakers urged to take out extra travel insurance post-Brexit 

People going abroad will need to take out policy that includes health, as EHIC runs out on 31 December

Ministers are urging people to take out comprehensive travel insurance if they are heading abroad from January as they announce plans to plough £700m into a new border trategy.From Monday a new marketing campaign to get the public prepared for life after the Brexit transition period will include TV, radio and digital adverts. Advice for people in Northern Ireland is set to follow in a few weeks’ time as negotiations with the EU continue.

As well as reminding people about insurance and checking passports are in date, the adverts will also be targeted at businesses exporting to or importing from the EU, reminding them to get an economic operators registration and identification number, or to register with the relevant customs authority.The new advice is part of the government’s ‘The UK’s new start: let’s get going’ campaign.

Holidaymakers will need to take out insurance that covers health as the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) will only be valid up to 31 December 2020. Anyone wanting to travel to Europe with a pet from 1 January 2021 needs to contact their vet four months in advance.

well at least it shows the nhs are taking steps to tackle the heaith tourists coming in and stealing off the nhs.

36 minutes ago, tebee said:

I suspect the reason they want independence now is very much the same reason you want divorce when your Thai wife goes batsh*t mad

on your last point are you talking from personal experience?

55 minutes ago, tebee said:

I suspect the reason they want independence now is very much the same reason you want divorce when your Thai wife goes batsh*t mad 

Don't be so rude, Tebee.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, kingdong said:

well at least it shows the nhs are taking steps to tackle the heaith tourists coming in and stealing off the nhs.

Did you read it correctly ….. as it is needed when travelling to Europe ….. not travelling  to U.K. …...so how it could affect the NHS ? unless you direct it to your U.K. pensioners in E.U. who could see ending the present Healthcare solution  ( I don't know at this point if any agreement is made , hence in case of  deal or no deal …)

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, david555 said:

Did you read it correctly ….. as it is needed when travelling to Europe ….. not travelling  to U.K. …...so how it could affect the NHS ? unless you direct it to your U.K. pensioners in E.U. who could see ending the present Healthcare solution  ( I don't know at this point if any agreement is made , hence in case of  deal or no deal …)

35 minutes ago, david555 said:

after jan 1st brits will no longer be able to get free treatment in the eu,this will also apply to eu citizens visiting britain they will have to pay for medical treatment,clear enough for you? and the uk pensioners in the eu will have to get medical insurance or pay for treatment,after all they chose to go abroad to live so you have to accept your host countries rules and laws,after all you,re only a guest at the end of the day.

Just now, kingdong said:

after jan 1st brits will no longer be able to get free treatment in the eu,this will also apply to eu citizens visiting britain they will have to pay for medical treatment,clear enough for you? and the uk pensioners in the eu will have to get medical insurance or pay for treatment,after all they chose to go abroad to live so you have to accept your host countries rules and laws,after all you,re only a guest at the end of the day.

OK. understand , I was guessing already only that option could be the U.K. pensioners in E.U. 

But why denying those U.K. people NHS care in U.K. as they are Brits ? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, david555 said:

OK. understand , I was guessing already only that option could be the U.K. pensioners in E.U. 

But why denying those U.K. people NHS care in U.K. as they are Brits ? 

who said anything about denying nhs care in the uk to british residents residing in the uk? it only applies if a brit go,es to the eu.

1 minute ago, kingdong said:

who said anything about denying nhs care in the uk to british residents residing in the uk? it only applies if a brit go,es to the eu.

I only meant that in case of needed care , a U.K. pensioner in example Spain  could go take Flight to U.K. for treatment if he / she should want ..that way .

Same as me , I live official in Thailand , but as soon a foot on my Country ground I can go any hospital full health care no waiting list needed  , even when only for short visit . 

9 minutes ago, david555 said:

I only meant that in case of needed care , a U.K. pensioner in example Spain  could go take Flight to U.K. for treatment if he / she should want ..that way .

Same as me , I live official in Thailand , but as soon a foot on my Country ground I can go any hospital full health care no waiting list needed  , even when only for short visit . 

wouldn,t hold your breath on that one,blair bought out legislation when prime minister,stating anyone out the country for 6 months would not be eligible for nhs care,haven,t got any links,but you should check out previous posts about members keeping an address and being registered with a gp in the uk.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kingdong said:

wouldn,t hold your breath on that one,blair bought out legislation when prime minister,stating anyone out the country for 6 months would not be eligible for nhs care,haven,t got any links,but you should check out previous posts about members keeping an address and being registered with a gp in the uk.

O.K. different country different laws ….  we seem to be lucky ones not to loose our social right even when living official abroad , also no frozen pensions , and I tested my health care security already when I went for a few weeks visit , just rapport me in and give date  when i leave again , , we are insured and entitled to pension on nationality ( if entitled by a working career of course as pensioners)

1 hour ago, david555 said:

O.K. different country different laws ….  we seem to be lucky ones not to loose our social right even when living official abroad , also no frozen pensions , and I tested my health care security already when I went for a few weeks visit , just rapport me in and give date  when i leave again , , we are insured and entitled to pension on nationality ( if entitled by a working career of course as pensioners)

quite franky couldn,t unerstand a word of what you,re on about,if you live official (?) in thailand you can,t be living in the uk,perhaps you did " health care security"(did you mean the nhs?) perhaps they couldn,t be ars**d to check,things will change when we leave eu a nd think you,ll find they,ll be a lot more checking.

Edited by kingdong
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, kingdong said:

quite franky couldn,t unerstand a word of what you,re on about,if you live official (?) in thailand you can,t be living in the uk,perhaps you did " health care security"(did you mean the nhs?) perhaps they couldn,t be ars**d to check,things will change when we leave eu a nd think you,ll find they,ll be a lot more checking.

By living official in Thailand i mean that i removed my home country adress...and inscribed my Thai adress at my country embassy in Bkk. So considered by my home country as emigrated to Thailand...no need to hide anything concerning my whereabouts living , as for all are social security rights we stay intitled wherever we live on the world.

For our country it does not matter we move out , we keep entitled on health care but only when we are back in home country , even if by example for a short holliday visit ,like i take then advatage to make a medicall checkup. But my home country medical government healt service does not count in Thailand,for that i have private insurrance .

Our system is so regulated ,same no freezing pension we get same as in home country , when pension as a single ...in case i example should married i would receive 25% more as married person ...

But that would not bring profit as wife would cost even more ????????????????

We have a very good social security ,the Scandinavians have even more better 

O.K. Hope you understand now ,different country.'s different rules

I Like my nanny state country for that..????

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, nauseus said:

And so we come full-circle, to the "you didn't know what you were voting for" line. I disagree, of course, but it may be fair to assume that many people were not aware of the full consequences of their choice, at least from the economic aspect. That said, the same may be said about the vote to stay in the EEC in 1975, when most were totally unaware of the long-planned morphing of this apparent "economic community" into a full political union and superstate. But I think that far more Britons are aware of the true intentions of the EU now, which is good.  

(my bolding above)

In my view that stmt is not even close to being reasonable.

When it comes to questions like the future of EU there is no such thing as agreed views.

The Member State's views on the way forward is kinda like a bum/rump/backside (whatever passes the Chinese check point),

split down the middle.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, david555 said:

By living official in Thailand i mean that i removed my home country adress...and inscribed my Thai adress at my country embassy in Bkk. So considered by my home country as emigrated to Thailand...no need to hide anything concerning my whereabouts living , as for all are social security rights we stay intitled wherever we live on the world.

For our country it does not matter we move out , we keep entitled on health care but only when we are back in home country , even if by example for a short holliday visit ,like i take then advatage to make a medicall checkup. But my home country medical government healt service does not count in Thailand,for that i have private insurrance .

Our system is so regulated ,same no freezing pension we get same as in home country , when pension as a single ...in case i example should married i would receive 25% more as married person ...

But that would not bring profit as wife would cost even more ????????????????

We have a very good social security ,the Scandinavians have even more better 

O.K. Hope you understand now ,different country.'s different rules

I Like my nanny state country for that..????

power to the people

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, kingdong said:

power to the people

Power to every country in the E.U. to decide on its own which is best for its citizens.

Priorities are of course different from one country to another.

We are lucky in Belgium that our governments (from different political tendencies) since many many years always put the health of all their citizens, and a decent pension for their elderly, as a priority.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1