UK ready to quit EU on 'Australia terms' if no Brexit deal, Johnson says

rooster59

'Singapore on Thames'..  If only!  LOL! Last time I was over that way it was more like 'Karachi-on-Thames'...

Multinationals that want to operate in the EU will locate their EU HQ and operations in a member country. Hence many corporations relocating offices out of UK into Amsterdam, Berlin, Paris etc.

To remain competitive after Brexit the UK will allow GBP to fall in a 'competitive devaluation' - its just about the only lever the government have left.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

No evidence then just conspiracy theories again. 

Thankfully HM Forces are looking elsewhere these days:

The agreement is a sign of intent to formalise a number of ongoing initiatives between the two Armies, boosting opportunities to co-operate effectively as modern warfare continues to evolve.

Key cutting-edge capabilities have been identified for closer collaboration to help narrow the gaps between UK and US forces so we can operate seamlessly together in future battlespaces.

This will involve developing innovative solutions together to tackle shared threats and operational challenges that affect both nations and help protect and defend peace and security across the globe....

Defence Minister and Head of the US Army sign Modernisation Agreement

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Nonsense. Every country (and a few regions) all retain their veto.

Why are you saying they do not?

Please point out where in the Lisbon Treaty that veto was removed.

Start reading. Take your time.

3 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Congrats to the Brits.  They will reject, rip out and replace all Huawei 5G spy router networks in due time.  Payback for HongKong and Wuhan virus.

Nothing to do with the topic whatsoever. Why not start a new thread, or wait for it to come up, which given the recent news I expect it will.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, transam said:

Yet..............:whistling:

The UK is now out of all that future infighting....:clap2:

well, soon at least, UK is still being affected (in the legal sense) by EU decision making,

but it will end soon, in all likelihood

having all that crp behind you, time to look ahead, trade, trade deals, making UK attractive for FDI, foreign relations . . .

wasting energy on fake news re EU is just that, waste

and shows off the not so pallatable properties of UK and the British

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, nauseus said:

Ya think? Maybe that's why they don't like to talk about it? If you read the Lisbon Treaty then you might see what I mean.

By the way, Project Fear belonged to the remainers, the large remain element of the UK Parliament of the day and, of course, the EU itself.

some like to talk about it, eg nutcases like Verhofstadt, some don't and some are against

anyway,

am fairly familiar with Lisbon, (and Maastricht),

what I see in the marketing sections with the big words (ie the preamble/lead in)

is a clear recognition of MS role and MS competency

3 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

some like to talk about it, eg nutcases like Verhofstadt, some don't and some are against

anyway,

am fairly familiar with Lisbon, (and Maastricht),

what I see in the marketing sections with the big words (ie the preamble/lead in)

is a clear recognition of MS role and MS competency

Marks and Spencers do seem fairly competent,

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

It's not generally written in law or openly stated. It's the EU after all. Nothing is transparent. Lots of smoke and mirrors. Lots of statements of intent followed by denials and then 'clarifications'. Flip flopping on the EU army is one example.

Look at the direction of travel the last 30 years and listen to the likes of Verhofstadt. You don't need to be Columbo to work it out where it is heading. History is a better indication of the future than politiciand empty promises or statements.

Anyway it's not the UK problem any more, we're long gone. Do whatever you like. If you want to sleepwalk into a federal superstate that's your problem. Fill yer boots. No need to try to convince us any more.

tend to agree on your pot (piece of text) on history

as for Verhofstadt,

I put him in the same box as Farage, they both have some entertainment value, apart from that ..........

not sure who you refer to when you say YOU,

I have never ever argued that UK would be better off inside than outside or argued

or argued that federalism is good for sleep or health

3 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Those spivs in the city have forgotten more about money markets than you and I ever knew.

They hate Brexit because they project massive damage to the UK economy because of it.

Hence the devaluation of the pound.

And yes living in Thailand on my UK company pension this stupidity has cost me a fortune.

For what?

its cost you a fortune,for what?do you think south east asia is going to be a safe stable environment?just be thankfull to the brexiteers you may have a country to return to,if i was living in thailand i would be devoting all my time to plotting an escape route,just look at how china is performing,once they colonise thailand economically the farang will no longer be welcome.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

'Singapore on Thames'..  If only!  LOL! Last time I was over that way it was more like 'Karachi-on-Thames'...

Multinationals that want to operate in the EU will locate their EU HQ and operations in a member country. Hence many corporations relocating offices out of UK into Amsterdam, Berlin, Paris etc.

To remain competitive after Brexit the UK will allow GBP to fall in a 'competitive devaluation' - its just about the only lever the government have left.

Quite the bleak picture.

So what are some of the positives we can take from Brexit ? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kingdong said:

its cost you a fortune,for what?do you think south east asia is going to be a safe stable environment?just be thankfull to the brexiteers you may have a country to return to,if i was living in thailand i would be devoting all my time to plotting an escape route,just look at how china is performing,once they colonise thailand economically the farang will no longer be welcome.

Thank the Brexiteers that I may have a country to return to?

Which enemy did you fight off on the beaches of good old blighty? ????

Dont worry about us guys in Thailand. Just you enjoy your Brexit utopia. 

• Haha 2

On 7/14/2020 at 12:41 AM, david555 said:

By living official in Thailand i mean that i removed my home country adress...and inscribed my Thai adress at my country embassy in Bkk. So considered by my home country as emigrated to Thailand...no need to hide anything concerning my whereabouts living , as for all are social security rights we stay intitled wherever we live on the world.

For our country it does not matter we move out , we keep entitled on health care but only when we are back in home country , even if by example for a short holliday visit ,like i take then advatage to make a medicall checkup. But my home country medical government healt service does not count in Thailand,for that i have private insurrance .

Our system is so regulated ,same no freezing pension we get same as in home country , when pension as a single ...in case i example should married i would receive 25% more as married person ...

But that would not bring profit as wife would cost even more ????????????????

We have a very good social security ,the Scandinavians have even more better 

O.K. Hope you understand now ,different country.'s different rules

I Like my nanny state country for that..????

a confused emoticon doesn't cover my reaction to this. first you rappaported in (up the White Cliffs of Dover, was it?) then i realized the Kings English is not your first language. Next time you pop back in, to the UK, after 31/12/2020. Patel will catch you, and put you in to an attitude adjustment centre.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Australia trades with the EU on WTO terms.

Johnson thinks that we are all morons.

He likes to say "Australian type deal" because it sounds better than "No deal" which is what we are going to get.

Brexiteers demand total separation from the EU but also want special access to the EU market without having to comply with the EU's rules.

The EU is having none of that.

Brexiteers blame everyone and everything else for this failure. 

There I have summed up the 97 pages for you.

What failure, we haven't finished yet. Now stop champing at the bit, you may damage your gums chap....????

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Delusional.

There will be no Singapore on Thames because Singapore on Thames will have no access to the EU.

No multinational company is going to move its headquarters to a place with a tiny domestic market.

If they want to do that they can already move to ...... guess where?........Singapore. Just like that ardent Brexiteer Dyson did.

Nobody mentioned Scotland....????