UK ready to quit EU on 'Australia terms' if no Brexit deal, Johnson says

rooster59

1 hour ago, tebee said:

democracy does not end after one vote.

But the Referendum on Brexit does ????.

I can just imagine if the Scottish Indyref voted for Independence by 52/48. The Scots nationalists on here would all be begging for a "people's vote" to overturn the result wouldn't they?

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

What homework?

Oh you mean the BS you came out with about countries not having a veto?

OK yeah so they moved a lot of less important issues into a majority vote. But countries still have a veto over more important issues. As you pointed out with your example of another less important issue being moved to majority vote.

Of course if you are right then you will no longer be able to claim that Spain will veto Scotlands application to join the EU wont you?

Or are you still going to be claiming that?

If you had read it you would know that it is not BS. If you think that control of foreign policy is not an important 'issue' for the UK, then I am obviously wasting my time. I have not commented on Spain in these Brexit threads, except to comment on the wasteful practises of their fishermen. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, nauseus said:

If you had read it you would know that it is not BS. If you think that control of foreign policy is not an important 'issue' for the UK, then I am obviously wasting my time. I have not commented on Spain in these Brexit threads, except to comment on the wasteful practises of their fishermen. 

Excellent news. Spain no longer has a veto over Scotland joining the EU.

That's correct isn't it?

5 hours ago, paddypower said:

an unreserved appology, mate. I misposted a reply to another who was writing in a version of English that I do not know. I agree about travels, mine would be to one of the Celtic peoples - you know, the ones who party at funerals. :))

I thought already ......no harm done unless the suggesting that i would go live in England under Boris ruling .... ????but i was mistaken too ...as i was once like "kidnapped to Heathrow airport " because in 2009 my first flight with Thai air the return became a not planned  shared flight as TG did not do the return flight and it was oh HORROR ..BA instead... ????

But finally the Luftwaffe (lufthansa ) came to free me from Heatrow to bring me to Europe ????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

I made a simple assumption based upon your use of the falsehoods about the treaty that have become viral when responding to other posters.

As you admit to finding the treaty very confusing, as all are due to their necessity to cover all possible relevent eventualities, I suggest you read the Full Fact article exposing the falsehoods I linked to in my previous.

Yes, the treaty has moved some, but nowhere near all, policy areas away from unanimity to qualified majority voting. But as that system is based upon a member's population, the UK benefited enormously from that move; and would have continued to so do had we remained a member.

Of course, unanimity is still required on many matters; especially anything approaching what you called "the EU project goal is for total political and economic integration into a single state." Yet you claimed the treaty removed the veto here

pointed out that each and every member could use their visa to prevent such.

But all of this is very different to your original assertion that the treaty did away with the veto completely when replying to @Rookiescot comment on the veto here: 

Absurd. Show me where I said that the treaty did away with vetoes completely. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, tebee said:

Brexit is a  "disaster in 10,000 pieces" now underway, All the promises are starting to be proved unfounded,  I'll take absolutely no pleasure in being proved right.

All i want to do is to make people see clearly that the Brexitist liars & fantasists are directly responsible for every harm & loss that results from their "triumph"

So many were conned by their lies and still refuse to admit it too themselves. It's a sad statement on the state of education in the UK today. 

Veeeery funny, veeeery funny..., but getting a bit boring now....????..............????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1