UK ready to quit EU on 'Australia terms' if no Brexit deal, Johnson says

rooster59

10 hours ago, bannork said:

Ask fellow Brexiteers, they're full of manure.

Depends on what I've eaten chap, so it would seem you remainers flatulence don't stink, learn something new every day.....????

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, englishoak said:

Its fantastic to see the butt hurt has got to page 116 and the whiners are still going. 

1580514872720.jpg.8d6013401f8b81d3b667a83f48eaa924.jpg

Absolutely love it.. 

Yeeees, I hope none have a heart condition.........????...................????

11 hours ago, 7by7 said:

If I make a claim, I provide evidence; you should try it some time. 

As for proof of your ignorance of the Lisbon Treaty, you have condemned yourself in many previous posts and done so yet again here. The proof? I have already provided that in two Full fact articles and one FCO document; go back and read them, if you dare. Do that and you will discover that yet again your belief in what is contained in the treaty is wrong.

Heath's White Paper was not delivered to every home in the country in 1972, Wilson's leaflet was in 1975.

But neither Heath nor Wilson ever denied that joining the EEC would entail some loss of sovereignty in certain areas of common interest; indeed they made it clear on many occasions! No, Britain wasn't lied to when we joined the EU. We knew what we were getting into.

But although some sovereignty was lost, in all non EU related matters the UK Parliament remained sovereign. Britain, the EU and the Sovereignty Myth

Even the oft quoted nonsense that the ECJ can and often does overrule all UK courts is a lie. It is only supreme in matters of EU law. In all other legal matters it is the UK's own Supreme Court which is supreme.

With one exception; human rights. In which case the ECHR and it's court holds supremacy.  But contrary to many Brexiteers belief, neither the ECHR nor it's court have anything to do with the EU.

Your interpretation of the word evidence is a ropy as Heath's of the word essential. I have found Full Fact often to be more like Full of It and rather lacking of true facts when it comes to the EU; it is supposed to be an independent charity but as the main funding comes from Facebook, I am not exactly trusting of this arrangement. Because of this I don't refer to FF and necessarily accept their information any more than you would probably accept something from the Daily Express

Heath denied that joining the EEC would entail no loss of essential sovereignty in writing and verbally. We were lied to and most of the voting population had no idea what we were getting into. Wilson continued to be 'economic' with the facts in 1975. The UK lost a significant amount of sovereignty when Heath signed the Treaty of Rome and its been getting worse ever since.

Yes, the ECJ is only supreme in matters of EU law, which had primacy over and now comprises more than 50% of UK law. I hope that our lawmakers remember to remove the nasty bits.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, englishoak said:

Its fantastic to see the butt hurt has got to page 116 and the whiners are still going. 

1580514872720.jpg.8d6013401f8b81d3b667a83f48eaa924.jpg

Absolutely love it.. 

We need to get him into the government, say as an advisor with Dominic Cummings. The Rewhiners would love that too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, nauseus said:

Your interpretation of the word evidence is a ropy as Heath's of the word essential

To paraphrase Mandy Rice-Davies: you would say that, wouldn't you! See later on in this post.

I have found Full Fact often to be more like Full of It and rather lacking of true facts when it comes to the EU; it is supposed to be an independent charity but as the main funding comes from Facebook, I am not exactly trusting of this arrangement. Because of this I don't refer to FF and necessarily accept their information any more than you would probably accept something from the Daily Express

I am not surprised that you often find Full Fact to be more like 'Full of it;' after all they do very often show the 'facts' you post to be not factual at all!  What they post is not their opinion, they do link to their sources; but we all know the trouble you have with links.

Yes, much of Full Fact's funding does come from Facebook because since January last year they have been contracted by Facebook to check facts posted on their platform. For where all their funding comes from see here (yes, it's a link).

But even if you don't trust Full Fact, I posted a link to the same myth busting published by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. Here it is again.

BTW, I have often posted links to and quotes here to Daily/Sunday Express articles.

Heath denied that joining the EEC would entail no loss of essential sovereignty in writing and verbally. We were lied to and most of the voting population had no idea what we were getting into. Wilson continued to be 'economic' with the facts in 1975. The UK lost a significant amount of sovereignty when Heath signed the Treaty of Rome and its been getting worse ever since.

I posted a link to the main areas in which we retained sovereignty in an earlier post; as you have yet again shown that you seem incapable of clicking on links, here is the relevant part: "Apart from EU immigration, the British government still determines the vast majority of policy over every issue of greatest concern to British voters – including health, education, pensions, welfare, monetary policy, defence and border security. The arguments for leaving also ignore the fact that the UK controls more than 98 per cent of its public expenditure."

So tell us; which of those do you not consider essential?

Yes, the ECJ is only supreme in matters of EU law, which had primacy over and now comprises more than 50% of UK law. I hope that our lawmakers remember to remove the nasty bits.

The proportion of UK law attributable to the EU is widely debated and figures vary from 13% to 70%; depending on how they are calculated.

The higher figure is calculated by counting things such as a 457 page bill on the NHS (UK law) the same as a three page regulation on VAT (EU law). It is also reached by including matters which do not effect the UK at all, such as tobacco growing on the Canary islands.

Which parts of EU law do you consider the 'nasty bits' that you would do away with?

• Health and safety at work?
  • Protection of disabled people and others from discrimination in the workplace and elsewhere?
  • Protection against unfair dismissal?
  • Equal pay rights?
  • Hygiene standards in restaurants and takeaways?  
  • Similar standards in UK agriculture and retail, plus, of course, food imports?  
  • Safety requirements on electrical and other goods; including toys?
  • Free roaming across the EU for mobile phones and other devices?
  • Data protection?
  • Free healthcare across the EU via the EHIC card?
  • The right to return goods and get your money back simply because you've changed your mind?
  • The right for a refund on your ticket if your train, plane etc. is cancelled or even just postponed?
  • Etc., etc..
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Farage certainly would love it. It would mean he could carry on collecting his salary and expenses while not turning up; just as he did while and MEP.

They'll toe-the-line whether he's there or not, 49. Remember last December...?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

And there's me thinking you were implying that we were pikeys. 

No, I mean your fellow travellers living in Thailand.

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

No problem then because we are all marching on together towards new UK prosperity and freedom from the EU.

Yes, you are all marching together, but the effects of Brexit wont effect you until the pound drops too low against the baht for your pensions to meet your visa requirements!

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

You push for links facts and support from others, but won't when challenged - well that's just a pompous windbag at it again. 

You obviously don't read my posts, even though you often quote them in full. I regularly post links to support my opinions and links to the sources of the facts which I post.

I've asked you for some facts many occasions. How often have you provide some? Never.

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

Funny how posts are deleted when you are around though.

If true, I suggest you take that up with the Mod concerned; it's nothing to do with me.

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

There was a GE in December in which the winning majority was a landslide in favour of Get Brexit Done. Now it's happening with out Remainer trickery and deceit - that's democracy for you. Boris is doing it right in front of you and there's not enough closet Remainers to stop us this time.

A reminder that Boris, or rather Cummings, is doing it despite 53% of voters in that election saying they wanted a say on the final deal. I thought you lot believed in democracy? Apparently only when it suits you.

Here's more loss of support for Boris: No 10 warned by Tory MPs over ‘sinister’ bids to suppress dissent. (That's a link; it's evidence!)

Can Boris last until January? Maybe, but not for very long afterwards!

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

Here's that bus you love so much.  The leave campaign made three key promises – are they keeping them ...

Why would I love that bus and it's lie, or the other one with the £350 million a week lie on it? Cummings conned the gullible with them, but they are both lies. 

More evidence for you to ignore: £350 million EU claim "a clear misuse of official statistics" The actual figure is £250 million, a figure eventually admitted by Johnson in Parliament last September.

Even that figure ignores subsidies to British farmers, industry, medical research etc.; though admittedly the UK government has no say on how that money is spent. But when the EU stops paying it; who will?

Also, what will cover the damage to our economy caused by Brexit? For anyone who believes the lie that the money will go to the NHS, I have some money I need to get out of Nigeria!

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

When the EU walk away from the negotiations, they do so without taking any concessions from the UK.

Obviously, that's what no deal means! But whoever walks away, us or the EU, we wont have any concessions from them, either.

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

With the current lack of FTA progress and disarray among their hand out grabbers, they will probably be going home with a pocket full of receipts for their concessions given to us to keep their trade balance up.  

What? Yes, the EU are in FTA negotiations with a number of countries; but those negotiations are proceeding on schedule. Unless you can produce evidence to the contrary.

We're the ones seeking and needing trade agreements, free or otherwise, with the EU and others. So far we have none with any major players! See Existing UK trade agreements with non-EU countries

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

To paraphrase Mandy Rice-Davies: you would say that, wouldn't you! See later on in this post.

I am not surprised that you often find Full Fact to be more like 'Full of it;' after all they do very often show the 'facts' you post to be not factual at all!  What they post is not their opinion, they do link to their sources; but we all know the trouble you have with links.

Yes, much of Full Fact's funding does come from Facebook because since January last year they have been contracted by Facebook to check facts posted on their platform. For where all their funding comes from see here (yes, it's a link).

But even if you don't trust Full Fact, I posted a link to the same myth busting published by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. Here it is again.

BTW, I have often posted links to and quotes here to Daily/Sunday Express articles.

I posted a link to the main areas in which we retained sovereignty in an earlier post; as you have yet again shown that you seem incapable of clicking on links, here is the relevant part: "Apart from EU immigration, the British government still determines the vast majority of policy over every issue of greatest concern to British voters – including health, education, pensions, welfare, monetary policy, defence and border security. The arguments for leaving also ignore the fact that the UK controls more than 98 per cent of its public expenditure."

So tell us; which of those do you not consider essential?

The proportion of UK law attributable to the EU is widely debated and figures vary from 13% to 70%; depending on how they are calculated.

The higher figure is calculated by counting things such as a 457 page bill on the NHS (UK law) the same as a three page regulation on VAT (EU law). It is also reached by including matters which do not effect the UK at all, such as tobacco growing on the Canary islands.

Which parts of EU law do you consider the 'nasty bits' that you would do away with?

• Health and safety at work?
  • Protection of disabled people and others from discrimination in the workplace and elsewhere?
  • Protection against unfair dismissal?
  • Equal pay rights?
  • Hygiene standards in restaurants and takeaways?  
  • Similar standards in UK agriculture and retail, plus, of course, food imports?  
  • Safety requirements on electrical and other goods; including toys?
  • Free roaming across the EU for mobile phones and other devices?
  • Data protection?
  • Free healthcare across the EU via the EHIC card?
  • The right to return goods and get your money back simply because you've changed your mind?
  • The right for a refund on your ticket if your train, plane etc. is cancelled or even just postponed?
  • Etc., etc..

If you need to dig up Mandy Rice-Davies then that's something you need to resolve with yourself.

Your FCO "myth busting link" does not really cover much very relevant to this thread but item 7 was interesting as:

The UK is surrendering vital powers over fundamental issues of sovereignty to Brussels - No 7. The UK has maintained national control over key areas including justice and home affairs, social security, tax, foreign policy, and defence (our ‘red lines’). The Lisbon Treaty will not transfer power away from the UK on issues of fundamental importance to our sovereignty. This 2009 release using wording like "key areas" and "fundamental importance" is just more of the same slippery tongue as used by Heath and to a lesser extent Wilson. If a PM can lie to us, do you think Milliband didn't?

Do you really think that laws similar to these EU laws would not exist in UK Law anyway by now? Health and safety at work (Health and Safety at Work Act 1974) was instigated in the UK, then, much later, generally adopted by the EU.

Now I must resume my former life as a sports fan. Bye.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

The usual nonsense from you.

You referring to sentences from the FCO such as "The Lisbon Treaty will not transfer power away from the UK on issues of fundamental importance to our sovereignty" as slippery tongued only shows that you really do know nothing or, far more likely, you know the hole you've dug for yourself is so deep that your only hope is to keep on repeating the same nonsense until I give up.

OK, I see no point in taking up bandwidth by going over the same ground, providing the same information to you again and again when all you do is keep on digging! As far as these matters are concerned, to save time if you do post on them again I use the time honoured Parliamentary response of "I refer the Honourable Gentleman to the reply I gave earlier."

Two final points, though.

Parliament has already passed legislation to incorporate all EU law into UK law pending review of what to keep and what to abolish. So yes, much of what is on that list, and much else, will remain post Brexit. But that's not what I asked you. I asked you what you consider the 'nasty bits' that you would do away with.

The 1974 Health and Safety at Work Act has been amended many times to incorporate new EU regulations. Would it have happened without our EU membership? Who knows, maybe, maybe not. But because were were EU members, it definitely did.

funny 10 years ago all the employers in uk wanted out the eu because of too many employers rights,fast foreward to the zero hour contracts,bogus self enjoyment contracts and glut of cheap labour due to freedom of movement and the eus the best thing since sliced bread,whats the eu done about workers being exploited by the zero hour cntract and so called self employment?sweet fa,if you haven,t noticed,slavery is supposed to be illegal now,so spare us your bogus concerns about workers rights.

Edited by kingdong
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bannork said:

We're not in control of our destiny.

We are a small island that is facing a huge disavantage in any significant trading powers because we abandoned the power of the largest trading bloc in the world.

Glad to hear you're happy to be poor.

Wait and see how many other Brexiteers will feel the same in a year's time.

what is this obsession about the single market?once we,re out and if our products are in demand people will buy them,trade has been going on since civilisation began,or are the mighty eu going to impose sanctions to punish us for our impertinance in telling them to sling their hook?the eus very similar to thailand they both hate us but love our money.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kingdong said:

what is this obsession about the single market?once we,re out and if our products are in demand people will buy them,trade has been going on since civilisation began,or are the mighty eu going to impose sanctions to punish us for our impertinance in telling them to sling their hook?the eus very similar to thailand they both hate us but love our money.

The Thais don't hate us. You must be mixing with the wrong people.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bannork said:

The Thais don't hate us. You must be mixing with the wrong people.

was coining a phrase,however wait until relationships between china and the west start breaking down and throw in the effects of corona which haven,t even started yet and see what happens then,and of course i don,t personally feel thais hate us,many have "loved me long time "had to pay for it mind you.

56 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Why would people want UK goods if they can get them cheaper somewhere else?

Thats the thing about being in the EU market. We were somewhat protected from cheap imports from places like China.

Once we are out we are on our own.

so we were "protected" from buying imports from china cheaper than if we were members of the eu?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kingdong said:

read it again i said "if our products are in demand" emphasis on if. do,es that address it,all these hallmarks of taking things out of context and trying to put words in posters mouths of remain are getting rather tired and boring through overuse.

OK so what items do you think the world will be after?

• Like 1