UK ready to quit EU on 'Australia terms' if no Brexit deal, Johnson says

rooster59

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

stop asking for this and for that, want a deal like this and a deal like that, more of this and less of that, it's tiring, just leave and don't let the door hit you on the back, trust me, there are no sour grapes on the other side of the channel, they are just tired of dealing with somebody who don't know what they want

For someone who is not bothered and sarcastally says "don't let the door hit you on the back" I would have to say you come across as very bothered.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Enjoyed it then ????????????

Try reading what I said ..........."no tears here, leave".  No sour grapes, just pity.

Boris has been an incredible servant to the cause of Scottish independence, I should show some gratitude.

"Boris has been an incredible servant to the cause of Scottish Independence" of course he has, he said 'no'????????

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Hardly worth bothering, only 3 or 4 countries to trade with, the other 23 countries buy <deleted> all off us....that 450 million trade block is in reality about 200 million, so not so big after all

had a good friend that liked to eat grapes, always eating the ones close to the ground, when this ones finished he try to jump up and get the ones slightly higher, he couldn't reach them and gave up, stupid me, I ask why not try again and his answer was ""not raped yet""..... EU is about 445 million people and counting...

5 hours ago, DoctorG said:

There are eleven countries in the world that have a AAA credit rating from the three international credit rating agencies, S&P, Moody’s and Fitch. These countries are:

1. Australia
  2. Canada
  3. Denmark
  4. Finland
  5. Germany
  6. Luxembourg
  7. Netherlands
  8. Norway
  9. Singapore
  10. Sweden
  11. Switzerland

And...? 

Eight of those countries are members of the EU/EEA (I’m including Switzerland in that)

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, ukrules said:

I share this view. Once Brexit is completed on whatever terms are agreed or not with the EU, what's next?

I have a feeling that the UK will proceed at first with commonwealth partners and create a new multilateral free trade market which spans the globe. This new common market will grow country by country over the years.

Such a free market, like the original 'common market' would only be about trade with no federalist aspirations.

I expect it to be made known that any other countries considering leaving the EU would be welcome to join immediately on their exit.

I might be wrong, but I think one of the desires was to try and stop us all trying to kill each other.....a common market was a first step to improve everyone's lot...the second stage is a form of federalism....the problem I guess is how far you go with that and how you control it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, transam said:

How strange, you an EU guy talking not nice about the UK pound because you are going to lose it....Hmmmm, you really should loosen up, your Euro will be OK, will cost you more, but will be OK, and I will not stoop that low as to lambaste it either....????

Have you overdosed on Chiang Mai air today?????

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bannork said:

They were promised a sweet Brexit but they're getting a toxic one.

You don't know what we are getting yet, nor does the EU. You have added the word "sweet Brexit" but as you well know, we were only promised Brexit.

This is what we voted for, no mention of sweet brexit or any other configurations the remainers wish to add on.

2016_EU_Referendum_Ballot_Paper.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Don't fall for the lie that Brexit has even close to universal popularity in the UK. Only a little more than a third of the electorate voted for it. 

download.png

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/25/uk/uk-supports-eu-four-years-after-brexit-intl-gbr/index.html

The discussion between UK ( of England) and the EU: may we ...PLEASE ... enter again...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, edwinchester said:

So Farage, Johnson and Gove were all lying or mistaken when they all said a trade deal with the EU would be the easiest trade deal negotiated in history.

Can you provide a link to that quote? Good luck with google. You can't cuz none of the 3 said that. More <deleted> from the opposition.

Liam Fox has said a post-Brexit free trade deal with the EU should be the “easiest in human history”, but insisted that the UK could survive without one.

Eat my shorts.

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, vogie said:

You don't know what we are getting yet, nor does the EU. You have added the word "sweet Brexit" but as you well know, we were only promised Brexit.

This is what we voted for, no mention of sweet brexit or any other configurations the remainers wish to add on.

Then no complaining about BRINO anymore should it happen, because as you said: you only voted for Brexit, no mention of sweet brexit or any other configurations the Brexiteers wish to add on ???? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Then no complaining about BRINO anymore should it happen, because as you said: you only voted for Brexit, no mention of sweet brexit or any other configurations the Brexiteers wish to add on ???? 

Brexit is not Brino. HTH

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, vogie said:

2016_EU_Referendum_Ballot_Paper.jpg

But you knew what you were voting for right?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

And since it’s not on the ballot paper, I guess it’s up to you to decide... ???? 

Hello, Good Evening and Welcome, not up to me, but we have faith in David Frost.