UK ready to quit EU on 'Australia terms' if no Brexit deal, Johnson says

rooster59

7 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Yes. Some items were given a higher import tariff in order to protect the EU wide domestic producers.

Now I know where you are going with this.

You are now going to claim that imports will be cheaper now we have left and thats a good thing yes?

Given the pound has dropped about 20% against most other currencies then no. It will not.

So even if what you want to think is true. What happens to the UK domestic producers of those items?

they,ll have to adapt.as for the pound dropping thats down to the shiny arsed spivs (sorry the markets) in the city sniffing an earner.and the weak pound(perhaps it was like the baht, over valued) will make our exports more attractive.

11 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Why would people want UK goods if they can get them cheaper somewhere else?

Thats the thing about being in the EU market. We were somewhat protected from cheap imports from places like China.

Once we are out we are on our own.

Wow, you have finally got it, "we are out, we are on our own"...:clap2:

Isn't that great.....????

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 7by7 said:

What line would that be, then?

Neither Boris nor Cummings trust Farage, or even like him. As made clear last December by "a senior Conservative source said Mr Farage was "not a fit and proper person" and "should never be allowed anywhere near government." (Source, but if you don't like that one, there are plenty of others.)

The one in the RSM's office????

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, 7by7 said:

The usual nonsense from you.

You referring to sentences from the FCO such as "The Lisbon Treaty will not transfer power away from the UK on issues of fundamental importance to our sovereignty" as slippery tongued only shows that you really do know nothing or, far more likely, you know the hole you've dug for yourself is so deep that your only hope is to keep on repeating the same nonsense until I give up.

OK, I see no point in taking up bandwidth by going over the same ground, providing the same information to you again and again when all you do is keep on digging! As far as these matters are concerned, to save time if you do post on them again I use the time honoured Parliamentary response of "I refer the Honourable Gentleman to the reply I gave earlier."

Two final points, though.

Parliament has already passed legislation to incorporate all EU law into UK law pending review of what to keep and what to abolish. So yes, much of what is on that list, and much else, will remain post Brexit. But that's not what I asked you. I asked you what you consider the 'nasty bits' that you would do away with.

The 1974 Health and Safety at Work Act has been amended many times to incorporate new EU regulations. Would it have happened without our EU membership? Who knows, maybe, maybe not. But because were were EU members, it definitely did.

The 1974 Health and Safety at Work Act was entirely a result of the Committee on Health and Safety at Work, appointed in May 1970 by Barbara Castle and led by Lord Robens. The Committee reported in June 1972 and its recommendations, generally, formed the basis of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. It was nothing to do with the EEC/EU, which took decades to "catch up" with health and safety legislation.

Of course it happened without EU membership. I don't live in holes but i can see you at the bottom of a nonsense one with very slippery sides!

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Farage certainly would love it. It would mean he could carry on collecting his salary and expenses while not turning up; just as he did while and MEP.

I don't mind him taking every last cent out of the EU. While ever he's getting it, there's an EU subsidy scrounger not getting anymore of our contribution.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Loiner said:

You've no idea what my, or the pensions and visa requirements are of any Brexiteers. Keep guessing.

True, I don't read most of your posts and none of the links. Pure 'pony' as you like to describe the posts of others. Just one of the reasons why you can ask for links all you like, but you'll get nowt out of me lad.

Democracy is still being seen to be carried out as Boris's democratically elected landslide Government Get's Brexit Done. While your combined anti-democratic forces can whine and moan from the sidelines.

Ah, the bus obsession again. Well the Leavers were not the gullible ones were they? The gullibility rests with the Europhiles as their Utopian state continues to show the cracks developing.

No Deal is coming until Barnier is told to fold and give in to the FTA that the real masters of the EU desperately need.  

What benefits will you get from brexit?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Oops. I didn't notice that before inserting the picture and don't know why it's been doctored.

Guess it just goes to show how much notice the average Brexiteer took of the bus, while the Remainers continue to be obsessed with it.

They are frightened of losing their bus pass.....????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Sujo said:

What benefits will you get from brexit?

There are none for the moment.

Brexit is only effective next year.

Sure there will be benefits, as there will be no doubt detriments.

Will have to wait & see which ones surpass the others.

re Australia terms (weird expression), seem to come up over the horizon;

have all the nitties and gritties now been sorted? trade the main remaining issue?

UK airlines operating in EU

Channel traffic and surv.

Mutual recognition of various tickets (trains, aircrafts, vehicles, vessels) etc

sharing of police info

you name it, the list is loooooooong

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

You've no idea what my, or the pensions and visa requirements are of any Brexiteers. Keep guessing.

True, I don't read most of your posts and none of the links. Pure 'pony' as you like to describe the posts of others. Just one of the reasons why you can ask for links all you like, but you'll get nowt out of me lad.

Democracy is still being seen to be carried out as Boris's democratically elected landslide Government Get's Brexit Done. While your combined anti-democratic forces can whine and moan from the sidelines.

Ah, the bus obsession again. Well the Leavers were not the gullible ones were they? The gullibility rests with the Europhiles as their Utopian state continues to show the cracks developing.

No Deal is coming until Barnier is told to fold and give in to the FTA that the real masters of the EU desperately need.  

wishful thinking, though no such thing will happen

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, tebee said:

Once again no it's not.

We appoint politicians to take care of us. The electorate can not be expected to comprehend all of the ramifications of brexit. Once we had decided to leave they should have looked for a course that will produce as little damage to the populus as a whole, rather than going for the most extreme version possible. We only voted to leave, not to leave and make sure we shoot ourselves in both feet on the way out.   

Sounds like...yes it is...anuvver fickerunus post.....it's OK to stay in with a referendum but to leave? Oooh nooo, can't have that!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tebee said:

Once again no it's not.

We appoint politicians to take care of us. The electorate can not be expected to comprehend all of the ramifications of brexit. Once we had decided to leave they should have looked for a course that will produce as little damage to the populus as a whole, rather than going for the most extreme version possible. We only voted to leave, not to leave and make sure we shoot ourselves in both feet on the way out.   

"They didn't know wot they voted for" was torpedoed last December by a stonking majority.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1