UK ready to quit EU on 'Australia terms' if no Brexit deal, Johnson says

rooster59

Just now, Phulublub said:

But you did not address his post at all.  A reply at a complete tangent is worse than no reply at all.

I was under the (obviously mistaken) impression that this was a discussion board.

PH

I think you'd better read forum etiquette before continuing.

48 minutes ago, kingdong said:

the only corruption in parliament has been in the last 4 years with the remainer mps refusing to accept a democratic binding referendum on leaving the eu.thankfully a peoples vote 3 years later put the present government in with a large majority who are going to respect the will of the people and take us out of the eu.

I disagree with this wording, it offers a somewhat skewed representation of what happened

the expression democratic binding referendum is kinda strange, doesn't really exist- such animals,

refs are not binding in the UK unless the opposite is reflected in statutes

by democratic binding I assume that you refer to Cameron's repeated assurances that "up to you"

we will implement whatever you decide

now, in the UK (as in most democracies) the national assembly is the ultimate decision maker (most of the time),

there is no way that Cameron can bind the future action of the national assembly, THAT would have

been undemocratic  - and very much so

MPs following party manifestos and wishes of their vote base is not corruption

-----

obviously not only lack of enthusiasm for exiting EU but also mistrust in TM and her dealings with EU

MPs should have acted, boldly, at earlier stages - got rid of TM and made room for a PM that could be trusted

-----

I'd say that this rather lengthy mess is mainly the fault of the Parliament,

but it has been a learning process (no doubt) for civil service - government and politicians

appears that graduation may pop up New Year's Eve

24 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

Perhaps you could address his major concern.  Are you content that the UK will allow foodstuffs to be imported that are produced using lower standards than UK based producers are subject to?

PH

Very funny, very funny, the biggest assumption of the day....Well done...:clap2:

9 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

I disagree with this wording, it offers a somewhat skewed representation of what happened

the expression democratic binding referendum is kinda strange, doesn't really exist- such animals,

It certainly became binding when nearly all our MPs at the time triggered Art50.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

by democratic binding I assume that you refer to Cameron's repeated assurances that "up to you"

we will implement whatever you decide

now, in the UK (as in most democracies) the national assembly is the ultimate decision maker (most of the time),

there is no way that Cameron can bind the future action of the national assembly, THAT would have

been undemocratic  - and very much so

MPs following party manifestos and wishes of their vote base is not corruption

-----

obviously not only lack of enthusiasm for exiting EU but also mistrust in TM and her dealings with EU

MPs should have acted, boldly, at earlier stages - got rid of TM and made room for a PM that could be trusted

-----

I'd say that this rather lengthy mess is mainly the fault of the Parliament,

but it has been a learning process (no doubt) for civil service - government and politicians

appears that graduation may pop up New Year's Eve

All you remain lot would be very quite if the Brexit vote was to remain. All the cr_p you have come up with about the voting etc would be shoved under "your" carpet.....:whistling:

And I bet you all voted even knowing about your question about "Deal or no Deal" which was not on the voting form but bring it up after the event...............Hypocrites....:saai:

Then we have the EU posters who are incredibly worried about their taxes going up, even now the EU cannot agree on a "Step Forward" budget without the UK...Your woe sticks out a mile....:goof:

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

To be correct, you should have said "Fewer economic migrants..." as people are counted, not measured.  Perhaps Engish is not your first language, though most of those with a Germanic based language as theirs and who have Englsih as a second (or third) would likely be able to use the correct vocabulary.

Maybe after Brexit we can address the falling levels of English in our education system once the meddling Europeans are sent packing.  Then again, since we will be freed from all those pesky low level workers, [erha[s the indigenous work force will not need so much education to enable them to perform the myriad jobs they did.

PH

Sounds like an announcement from some ONE strangely absent recently. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Awkward truths often get brushed aside, replaced by nebulous slogans. At least now we can strike off 'taking back control' or 'regaining sovereignty' from the rapidly shrinking list of intangible Brexit benefits. 

Oh sorry, I thought it was going to say Scottish independence at the end.....????

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

I would suggest that the corruption in parliament stinks to high heaven at the moment, but there are none so blind as those who refuse to see. The sad thing is that for those enslaved to the cult of Brexit, they are willing to see so much lost, so much stolen and so much destroyed just so they can see their dream of leaving the EU. 

Your brexit will very quickly taste like ashes in your mouth as you wake up to the damage YOU have done. One day soon you will be a very much smaller and much more isolated little insignificant country, at the mercy of every venture capitalist friend of Johnson and his cronies. 

Blimey, as if there was less corruption before, during and post referendum under the remain dominated HoC!

What a load of accusatory, hocus-pocus, twaddle, with more Project Fear mixed in for bad measure.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:
20 hours ago, 7by7 said:

My point is that Cummings has an undue influence over the Prime Minister

And all other political leaders around the world aren't guided in the same manner???? Get over it.

All politicians, leaders or not, have appointed advisors.

But how many politicians, especially leaders, have advisors whose influence over them is so great that their elected colleagues are as concerned about it as Tory Backbenchers are over Cummings?

How many of those advisors sacked a Cabinet Minister's advisor without reference to the Minister concerned, and was allowed by the Prime Minister to get away with it?

That's just two examples.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

All politicians, leaders or not, have appointed advisors.

But how many politicians, especially leaders, have advisors whose influence over them is so great that their elected colleagues are as concerned about it as Tory Backbenchers are over Cummings?

How many of those advisors sacked a Cabinet Minister's advisor without reference to the Minister concerned, and was allowed by the Prime Minister to get away with it?

That's just two examples.

It's called draining the swamp 49 & works a bit like you with the report button ????

Edited by evadgib

9 hours ago, transam said:

"Yes, a majority of 80, however...........................".

More 'twisting' assumptions.

Not 'twisting assumptions' at all; those percentages are facts and easily checked.

9 hours ago, transam said:

So now you use C19, I wonder what else you will dig up that will still leave you crying in your beer.......Quite funny really, 49..

I use the dissatisfaction of Tory backbenchers over Johnson's handling of the pandemic as an example as it shows how he is a one issue PM; Brexit. And as I also said, he can't even satisfy his own back benchers on that!

He and Cummings want May's deal with a few tweaks. You remember that deal, the one you Brexiteers refer to as BRINO and treacherous betrayal of the voters.

That, at best, is what Johnson will get you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Phulublub said:

Perhaps you could address his major concern.  Are you content that the UK will allow foodstuffs to be imported that are produced using lower standards than UK based producers are subject to?

PH

my guess is that that is happening on a large scale

and that it has been going on for years and that it will continue

1 hour ago, transam said:

All you remain lot would be very quite if the Brexit vote was to remain. All the cr_p you have come up with about the voting etc would be shoved under "your" carpet.....:whistling:

And I bet you all voted even knowing about your question about "Deal or no Deal" which was not on the voting form but bring it up after the event...............Hypocrites....:saai:

Then we have the EU posters who are incredibly worried about their taxes going up, even now the EU cannot agree on a "Step Forward" budget without the UK...Your woe sticks out a mile....:goof:

consume a handfull of small pink ones, of the rounded kind

6 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Not 'twisting assumptions' at all; those percentages are facts and easily checked.

I use the dissatisfaction of Tory backbenchers over Johnson's handling of the pandemic as an example as it shows how he is a one issue PM; Brexit. And as I also said, he can't even satisfy his own back benchers on that!

He and Cummings want May's deal with a few tweaks. You remember that deal, the one you Brexiteers refer to as BRINO and treacherous betrayal of the voters.

That, at best, is what Johnson will get you.

Johnson wants Mays deal but with ALL the compromises made to the EU removed.

The EU is never going to accept that.

Ergo we will be leaving with no deal.

The only thing that will be agreed upon is EU access to UK fishing waters in exchange for passporting rights for the City of London financial services. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Xaos said:

Im from EU, applied for UK settled status and got it, but I dont understand what regular Joe gets from brexit? 

Harder to travel, study, work, retire, use hospitals, on top all trade deals, propabely things will become more expensive in UK etc... Whats in it for a common folk? 

https://www.what-europe-does-for-me.eu/en/home

What's in it for the common folk?  Nothing.

It may have escaped your notice, but the vast majority of Brexiteers on this forum don't live in the UK.

Whereas many who do actually live here in the UK who voted Leave in 2016 have come to realise that they were lied to. As shown by the 53% of voters who said in last December's election we want a say on the final deal.

A say that Cummings and his puppet have now even denied Parliament!

• Like 1