UK ready to quit EU on 'Australia terms' if no Brexit deal, Johnson says

rooster59

7 hours ago, Phulublub said:

So, the EU saw that the UK legislation was good, and used it as a basis for making a Europe-wide law with some modifications.  The UK, as part of the EU was able to help steer those modifications.  What a brilliant idea and useful reminder of how the whole EU working together for the benefit of all can work. 

Thank you for pointing that out.

PH

The point is that the EU is an unnecessary leech.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

You have to understand that they think of themselves as "Patriots", although you might be forgiven for thinking, that people who set about destroying the economy of their own country, would be better labelled traitors.

They suffer from "Grand mal" delusions, like the idea that the EU will collapse without the UK contributions, when Brexit has already cost us nearly as much in lost GDP as our entire contributions to the EU from the start. (Bloomberg). Given that the UK has survived that cost, how big an impact will it have on the EU - UK is only around 14% of the EU economy - obviously much much less (Primary school maths).

Can you prove what you say?

15 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

So do you really honestly believe - despite the views of an overwhelming majority of financial experts- that the UK will be better off economically outside the EU? 

Who are we going to sell the 48% of our exports to that formerly went to the EU. Our balance of payments is grim already? 

My comment was not to do with the economy. You may or may not realise that.

Whether or not the UK economy will be better off away from the UK remains to be seen.

Remainers always ignore the fact the the economy was not the priority for the leave vote,

The EU will continue to buy most of what they are buying from us already.

Edited by nauseus

5 hours ago, Xaos said:

Im from EU living in Thailand, not allowed to vote, I used to live in UK 9 years, just having a chat here.

Miggrants dont take jobs its myth and there were studies done 

http://infacts.org/mythbusts/eu-immigrants-arent-taking-brits-jobs/

There is another bit of simple logic that helps shatter the myth. Migrants are undoubtedly coming to the UK and finding jobs, but those jobs were there before the migrants arrived and clearly haven’t been claimed by Brits. So, the jobs migrants are taking are not being ‘stolen’ – they are jobs which native British either do not have the skills for, do not want for some reason, or are simply too lazy (or maybe too proud) to accept.

MISSION STATEMENT

InFacts has been in hibernation since December 2019. Previously its mission was to make the fact-based case against Brexit as a journalistic enterprise.

http://infacts.org/mission-statement/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

No bias there! However, for the last 4 years the vast majority of ranting posts in Brexit threads on TV have clearly been emitted by remainers.

And/or Ponti's ????

Edited by evadgib
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, kingdong said:
23 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Are you British?

Your not knowing what a time served tradesperson is suggests not!

clutching at straws now

No, just wondering why you don't know a very common British term.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Loiner said:

<snip>

I don't think JRM has been gagged. I see him all the time - sticking it up the lefty side, particularly that numbskull Ashworth.

Where's that then?

Certainly not as a government spokesperson in any of their daily briefings and press conferences. Even very junior ministers are wheeled out for them, but not Rees-Mogg!

Although, to be fair, he did make this vital statement on the pandemic in the Commons a month ago: Rees-Mogg suggests pub-goers enjoy 'yard of ale' to mark lockdown easing!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Xaos said:

If I was english I would be happy to welcome more white christians to UK with similar culture, and who assimilate pretty well.

U guys concerned about legal polish, romanian workers while ur gov is bringing thousends monthy illegals by boats, transfer them by busses righ to hotels, then give free moneys and homes.

Then u get this, its hilarious.

But european migrants are problem ????

Ireland: Bangladeshi Muslim Azad Talukdar - Limerick's new Deputy Lord Mayor who cannot speak English.

troll alert

• Like 1

23 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

if Parliament fancies a say on the final outcome and D10 doesn't fancy likewise,

why on earth doesn't Parliament hammer a piece of statute ensuring that they will have a say

the foggy island is weird and the governing of it is not sound

It's called a three line whip

Even so, some 20 Tory backbenchers, I understand, did abstain; though none had the courage to vote against it and risk being ejected from the party.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

So do you really honestly believe - despite the views of an overwhelming majority of financial experts- that the UK will be better off economically outside the EU? 

Who are we going to sell the 48% of our exports to that formerly went to the EU. Our balance of payments is grim already? 

who? the financial experts who can,t do simple arithmetic,link .the 2008 crash.

22 hours ago, vinny41 said:

53% of voters wanting a final say on the deal is incorrect as that figure includes 11.5%  Liberal Democrats vote share where the party made in crystal clear if they won a majority they would cancel Brexit without a 2nd vote

so the 53% is really 41.5 of the total vote share

Liberal Democrats

The Liberal Democrats have pledged to cancel Brexit if they win power at the general election.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-48027580

Jo Swinson claims policy to revoke Article 50 and stop Brexit is ‘popular’

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/08/jo-swinson-claims-policy-revoke-article-50-stop-brexit-popular-11410692/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/08/jo-swinson-claims-policy-revoke-article-50-stop-brexit-popular-11410692/

As your links make clear, the LibDems said they would only cancel Brexit if they won power; i.e. won the majority of seats in the House.

Otherwise they would support a referendum on the final deal.

But your post makes my case even stronger; 41.5% said they wanted a vote on the final deal, and 11.5% said they wanted to cancel Brexit altogether!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Brexiteers in this forum have admitted they don’t care about the economy. 

short term pain for long term gain,you,ll be whistling a differant tune when the eu go,es for a burton.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Even so, some 20 Tory backbenchers, I understand, did abstain; though none had the courage to vote against it and risk being ejected from the party.

cause they didn,t,because they knew boris wouldn,t have stood for it,typical remainers,no bottle.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Xaos said:

If I was english I would be happy to welcome more white christians to UK with similar culture, and who assimilate pretty well.

U guys concerned about legal polish, romanian workers while ur gov is bringing thousends monthy illegals by boats, transfer them by busses righ to hotels, then give free moneys and homes.

Then u get this, its hilarious.

But european migrants are problem ????

Ireland: Bangladeshi Muslim Azad Talukdar - Limerick's new Deputy Lord Mayor who cannot speak English.

troll alert

15 hours ago, kingdong said:

backbenchers ?don,t you mean backstabbers?about time boris had another clear out.

So where would his 80 seat majority be then? 

There'll be a clear out very soon, but it's Boris who'll be calling upon the services of Pickford's!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1