UK ready to quit EU on 'Australia terms' if no Brexit deal, Johnson says

rooster59

8 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Wow we got a live one here ????

and a possible great leader of mankind,i mean hes managed to turn rabid remainers and barmy brexiteers into allies,we have a future Abraham lincoln in our midst.hes a messiah.

Edited by kingdong
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

There will be riots on the near continent for sure,violent ones too over fishing,good,let them tear each other apart

HR laws will be binned,all the illegals by boat want rescuing for sure,straight into prison van,onto ferry,dumped back into France

No need for trade deals,UK wants 400 tons of spuds? Idaho US,cheaper than French,and leaves French farmer with another 400 tons of over EU priced spuds to offload

While ago a Sudanese woman,4 kids in tow,managed it by boat across channel,complained bitterly at housing,ex converted shipping container,no room etc.  I suggested cutting a hole in roof,pair of ladders rooftop access

Edited by izod10
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, nauseus said:

<snip>

It is a proposal for an army. The intent is plain and obvious.

Obvious to you and others of the same paranoid mindset about the EU, maybe; but not to anyone else.

22 hours ago, nauseus said:

I didn't say anything about any EU army being subservient to and under the control of the Commission. You did.

So who do you think your imaginary EU army would be subservient to and under the control of if not the Commission?

42 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Obvious to you and others of the same paranoid mindset about the EU, maybe; but not to anyone else.

So who do you think your imaginary EU army would be subservient to and under the control of if not the Commission?

Well, the desire of the EU for an EU army should seem rather obvious to anyone reading this "Vision". "Anyone else" must refer to all die-herd Europhiles. An EU army would require an new boss; perhaps a military commissioner, as part of the Commision.

• Like 2

Just now, nauseus said:

Well, the desire of the EU for an EU army should seem rather obvious to anyone reading this "Vision". 

OK, where in the document is the desire for an EU army mentioned? Where in the document are the words 'EU Army?

8 minutes ago, nauseus said:

"Anyone else" must refer to all die-herd Europhiles.

No, as I said, 'anyone else' refers to those whose common sense, let alone reading comprehension, is not acquiescent to their paranoia about the EU. 

8 minutes ago, nauseus said:

An EU army would require an new boss; perhaps a military commissioner, as part of the Commision.

So you finally admit that your imaginary army would be subservient to and under the control of the Commission!

Something which can only happen with the unanimous agreement of all member states.

Thank you for proving my point for me.

2 hours ago, 7by7 said:

OK, where in the document is the desire for an EU army mentioned? Where in the document are the words 'EU Army?

No, as I said, 'anyone else' refers to those whose common sense, let alone reading comprehension, is not acquiescent to their paranoia about the EU. 

So you finally admit that your imaginary army would be subservient to and under the control of the Commission!

Something which can only happen with the unanimous agreement of all member states.

Thank you for proving my point for me.

If not an army then what do these two statements on page 5 mean?:

INITIATIVE FOR EUROPE - MACRON
Calls for a European initiative and a fully deployable
European armed force
‘by the beginning of the next
decade’.

PARLIAMENT’S VIEWS
Calls on the members of a future convention to:
Establish the European Armed Forces, capable of deploying combat forces for high intensity conflicts,
stabilisation forces which secure cease-fires or peace agreements and evacuation tasks medical services
including mobile field hospitals as well as forces for military logistics and military engineering;
Stresses the importance of creating a permanent EU headquarters for civilian and military CSDP missions and
operations;
Supports enhancing the role of the EDA. European Parliament resolution of 16 March 2017 on constitutional,
legal and institutional implications of a common security and defence policy: possibilities offered by the
Lisbon Treaty (2015/2343(INI).

Am I imagining this? Really? Your denials only show that your head is either in the sand or elsewhere! 

I can only guess who or what would command this army. That was just my own opinion.

Proof? That's the only thing you seem interested in but it isn't coming from me. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

They are written in the same invisible ink that wrote “no deal yes, but no BRINO” on the referendum ballot paper. Only Brexiteers can see it. 

OMG. Batman has been reunited with Robin. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@nauseus,

I have already explained several times the difference between an alliance and an army. As you still refuse to understand, I can help you no further on this point.

21 hours ago, nauseus said:

<snip>

Stresses the importance of creating a permanent EU headquarters for civilian and military CSDP missions and
operations

Just like the NATO HQ in Brussels and SHAPE HQ in Casteau! Headquarters for an alliance.

<snip>

Am I imagining this? Really? Your denials only show that your head is either in the sand or elsewhere!

Not imagining, but severely misinterpreting. The only question is whether or not you are doing so deliberately.

<snip>

I can only guess who or what would command this army. That was just my own opinion.

As it wont be an EU army, it wont be commanded by the commission.

If this alliance were to happen then it would be like, if not identical to, NATO where ultimate command, and responsibility, lies with a committee made up of the Defence Ministers of all member states. (Source)

<snip>

Proof? That's the only thing you seem interested in but it isn't coming from me. 

Indeed, I am very interested in proof when people make claims they assert to be fact rather than opinion. Yet you are correct; proof that your opinions are fact is one thing you are never able to provide! 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

@nauseus,

I have already explained several times the difference between an alliance and an army. As you still refuse to understand, I can help you no further on this point.

Just like the NATO HQ in Brussels and SHAPE HQ in Casteau! Headquarters for an alliance.

Not imagining, but severely misinterpreting. The only question is whether or not you are doing so deliberately.

As it wont be an EU army, it wont be commanded by the commission.

If this alliance were to happen then it would be like, if not identical to, NATO where ultimate command, and responsibility, lies with a committee made up of the Defence Ministers of all member states. (Source)

Indeed, I am very interested in proof when people make claims they assert to be fact rather than opinion. Yet you are correct; proof that your opinions are fact is one thing you are never able to provide! 

You can't help me at all on this point. You are refusing to accept the quotes from the (EU) published link provided - proof that you regard your opinions and interpretations as fact, while actually ignoring the real facts as directly presented. No point in continuing this further. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nauseus said:

You can't help me at all on this point. You are refusing to accept the quotes from the (EU) published link provided - proof that you regard your opinions and interpretations as fact, while actually ignoring the real facts as directly presented. No point in continuing this further. 

you,re flogging a dead horse.

• Like 1