UK ready to quit EU on 'Australia terms' if no Brexit deal, Johnson says

rooster59

This is still an issue? Maybe you Brits should start worrying and commenting on your own country rather pretending to be experts on Yankeeland and Thailand.

One thing Brexit amply demonstrates is the complete inability of Britain to come to any sort of resolve, to do anything meaningful, aside from endlessly bickering among themselves. And meanwhile the tax-paying Brit does nothing, says nothing, demands nothing. Much easier to bitch endlessly about Thai Immigration.

Edited by OZinPattaya
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OZinPattaya said:

This is still an issue? Maybe you Brits should start worrying and commenting on your own country rather pretending to be experts on Yankeeland and Thailand.

One thing Brexit amply demonstrates is the complete inability of Britain to come to any sort of resolve, to do anything meaningful, aside from endlessly bickering among themselves. And meanwhile the tax-paying Brit does nothing, says nothing, demands nothing. Much easier to bitch endlessly about Thai Immigration.

what on earth, or under heaven, makes you think that the average UKer on TVF has profound knowledge about UK?

to a large extent I think TVF serves as a showcase of the opposite

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Estrada said:

I think they said the deal was "Oven Ready". 63% of the UK population did not vote for Brexit. Many of the 17% that did are now regretting voting for it based on the lies put forward by Farage, Johnson and Cummings. Many of the Brits resident in Spain and France etc, who vote to leave, are now losing their health cover and their pensions are being frozen the same as we have living in Thailand.

Not all of the UK population was eligible to vote of the 46,500,001 that were eligible to vote only 16,141,241 voted to Remain in the EU

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

Not all of the UK population was eligible to vote of the 46,500,001 that were eligible to vote only 16,141,241 voted to Remain in the EU

ahh!

another informative and useful piece of iformatiojn now 4 years after the ref.

I am sure your valuable contribution will significantly assist the foggy islands in findin a grand standing in the out of EU world

are you dead sure that there wasn't 16,141,242 that voted remain?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, bannork said:

The desperate and forlorn hope of The Little Englanders, 'The EU will disintegrate.'

You have to remember..the Baltic states join Jan1,now this should be fun  lol      also  no 73 billion deficit, no fishing= riots Spain /France/Belgium/Holland 

Just 73 billion saved especially from Germany's 38 billion  is enough to put the pack back into its kennel   Eire +smells of poo too

• Like 1

15 hours ago, vogie said:

The "people" are not getting "shafted," this government has carried out the democratic wish of the voters, they can do no more.

you had better change your profile picture, before Boris had a heart attach at PM's question time. when faced with an intelligent, well briefed Starmer, he looks and acts like a deer caught in the headlights of an express train. Watching it on youtube, I genuinely feel pity for the guy.

He'll be gone by Paddy's Day, 2021. Knives Out ???? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, paddypower said:

you had better change your profile picture, before Boris had a heart attach at PM's question time. when faced with an intelligent, well briefed Starmer, he looks and acts like a deer caught in the headlights of an express train. Watching it on youtube, I genuinely feel pity for the guy.

Very funny, now if you watch Starmers House encounters you will notice he is struggling with most of his reply wording, really performing like a novice, have you noticed that...?

Where was Boris's heart attached...?   ????

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, evadgib said:

How about the Oz$?

Shhh don't mention the Aussie Dollar. He's here to Brit bash ????.

image.png.efbf4d30e47eae2fe2dfd29b1ce75812.png

image.png.1a9e126a564025cef1462ce2d18f5012.png

If you think that's bad, wait until the Chinese really lay into them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Shhh don't mention the Aussie Dollar. He's here to Brit bash ????.

image.png.efbf4d30e47eae2fe2dfd29b1ce75812.png

image.png.1a9e126a564025cef1462ce2d18f5012.png

If you think that's bad, wait until the Chinese really lay into them.

I think you better stick with your tired and unfunny Les Patterson jokes. 

All this is great for me. I earn in USD. Wife earns expat salary in THB. Sending it all home as fast as we can.

AUD is commodity currency  - great for our farmers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, samran said:

I think you better stick with your tired and unfunny Les Patterson jokes. 

All this is great for me. I earn in USD. Wife earns expat salary in THB. Sending it all home as fast as we can.

AUD is commodity currency  - great for our farmers. 

Your personal situation, whilst absolutely fascinating to all of us ???? is Irrelevant. I earn in Thai Baht so it's great for me too. It has nothing to do with the wider picture being discussed in the current debate. 

You are correct that a weak currency does have some benefits though. Strangely you only point that when when discussing the weak AUD but at the same time use it as a stick to bash the weak GBP. Why? Because you have an irrational hatred of all things British.

Some educational reading for you.

https://techround.co.uk/finance/what-are-the-benefits-of-a-weaker-pound/#:~:text=A%20weaker%20pound%20may%20well,of%20the%20country's%20account%20deficit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, paddypower said:

Now this poster is one to watch out for..and I mean watch out for.  There are truly pathetic posts and posters ,but this one is in a class of its own...Starmer,well "briefed/intelligent"    We know where you come from sunshine,better get back into the peat bogs..you know  nuffin  lol

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

No idea why people are trying to deflect and talk about the Aus Dollar.

Sad fact is on the 23rd of June 2016 the pound to the baht exchange rate was 52.05.

It is now 38.13

On the same day the pound dollar rate was 1.47

Now 1.23

And the Euro? On referendum day it was 1.30

Now 1.09

Thats what the world money markets think about Brexit.

..and where is the Euro in all this mess, still stuck 4 baht or whatever under the pound

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

Tory Britain is rotten to the core - emboldened and enabled by those who say 'time to move on'. 

This willingness to overlook the failures and willful acts of our leaders is what has taken us to the point where our government's response to allegations of serious, systemic corruption emanating from No. 10 is 'we consider the matter closed'.

Thankfully there are brave people who reject this attempt to whitewash their guilt and will continue to highlight it. Jenrick will only be the first; there are many more lining up to be exposed.

Very funny, but at least the Gov leader doesn't pander up to the oppositions cuddling up to terrorists, eh... 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

No I didn't notice that, in fact none of the many many commentators on PMQs have done. Most remark on the forensic precision. of Starmer, and the inadequate blustering of Boris. You appear to be living in an alternative universe.

I what crazy world does anyone equate Democracy - a system of representation established around the world - with Boris Johnson's face, please get a grip.

It appears that you consider yourself to be a "Nice guy" and as such pass judgement on other TV posters, unwise to say the least.

The idea that BLM has any links whatsoever with Anti- semitism is absurd, and completely ill informed. BLM is a movement that is fighting against racial discrimination on the grounds of colour. Various other movements have tried to exploit the BLM by claiming they are part of it, this is pretty unpleasant IMO. 

Please supply a link that justifies the malign phrase "the BLM cause that promotes anti-semitism". 

"No you didn't notice that".....Well there we have it in a nutshell. Thanks for that...:thumbsup: 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, transam said:

Very funny, but at least the Gov leader doesn't pander up to the oppositions cuddling up to terrorists, eh... 

The people appear to think that Starmer would be a better PM than Bojo, and of course you would agree that, like brexit, the people can get it wrong.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Tory Britain is rotten to the core - emboldened and enabled by those who say 'time to move on'. 

This willingness to overlook the failures and willful acts of our leaders is what has taken us to the point where our government's response to allegations of serious, systemic corruption emanating from No. 10 is 'we consider the matter closed'.

Thankfully there are brave people who reject this attempt to whitewash their guilt and will continue to highlight it. Jenrick will only be the first; there are many more lining up to be exposed.

The UK now is in the Cusp of Glory...EU is banished for good, Bulgaria replaces the UK at its helm, no fishing...BLM and all that <deleted> kicked into touch,...GDP starting to improve this very morn  AH!    Kellogs corn flakes and fresh milk beckon/bacon butty      All is well with the world

3 minutes ago, izod10 said:

The UK now is in the Cusp of Glory...EU is banished for good, Bulgaria replaces the UK at its helm, no fishing...BLM and all that <deleted> kicked into touch,...GDP starting to improve this very morn  AH!    Kellogs corn flakes and fresh milk beckon/bacon butty      All is well with the world

Don’t forget bendy bananas for tea! 

• Like 1