What Was The Last Farang Food You Cooked?

Brewster67

5 minutes ago, Brewster67 said:

Stew is BETTER after it has been frozen.

the whole idea of a stew is that all the flavours infuse into each other and I can tell you that I enjoy the frozen portions more than the first out of the pot. the beef for example is way more tender after freezing.

Just my honest opinion.

Sure, it´s your opinion and you are entitled to it. However, the fact is totally different. Here you can ask any chef that have ever cooked food that i of higher class than a lunch buffet. The reason why your stew is better and more tender later is that you are not using an acceptable quality regarding your ingredients.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

What's one persons Foie Gras is another's breaded pig's trotter with Béarnaise sauce, an analogy of course for @Matzzon

Had to google Foie Gras...... I threw up in my mouth a little, seriously what in tarnation is that all about ?

4 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Wow, A construction company owner, bar owner, supermarket trolley boy and a qualified chef as well.

You have had a busy life !!

Yes, Many bar and restaurant owners that comes from the western world are chefs. Nothing strange with that. You sound envious.

Also, where did I ever post or mention that I was a supermarket trolley boy? Or is that what you was, and just trying to feel equal.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I eat a lot of thai food. The G is a morning market shopper, but Last friday, garlic shrimp pasta, with holy basil, shallots & thai chilies. If I ramp up the chilies, the G will eat it too, got to keep her happy.

General note. I'm into legumes. Which is a hi so/toffee nosed way of saying I eat beans. However little trick. Vary the bean, & recipe, you cook,  or it gets boring. I cook, Pinto, large white beans, black eyed peas/navy, lentils, on a rotation. Make a pot a week, in a slow cooker. Then use as a side dish, lunch, an occasional full meal. We always have rice around so easy when nothing else is in the house.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, Many bar and restaurant owners that comes from the western world are chefs. Nothing strange with that. You sound envious.

Not the slightest bit envious i'm afraid as most Chef's come across as uppity snobs and I would hate to be part of that crowd.

• Like 1

Yesterday 2 full pan pepperoni, onion, & mushroom pizzas from scratch....Out of salami & too lazy to drive up to Makro.....

Plus a 2# loaf of Hawaiian bread while also making the pizzas....

Usually the pizzas are not this un-symmetrical but with the bread timing (electricity  demand) I was racing the clock around three baking cycles....

Passed the taste test just fine though.....

IMG20200627130829.jpg

IMG20200623192638.jpg

IMG20200627130757.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sirocco said:

yesterday I cooked mutton with garlic and beans.
I also made lemon meringue pie.
Yes, yes, sheep are expensive, but you have to know how to have fun from time to time.
Ah! Also, cheese, but he, I did not cook.

Your third para.  ' Some men like women and some men like boys , but I like big fluffy things that make a bah noise '.    Dustin Hoffman , Susan George film.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I have poached eggs on toast for breakfast every second day.

I make stewed apple with local putsa in season, candied ginger, dried mango and three cloves. Goes a treat with Aussie yoghurt.

I cook vegetables to go with smoked salmon: potato, carrot and Thai long beans. Asparagus if it is available. Butter garnish and ground black pepper, no salt.

The rest of the time I eat Thai food, no problem with it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

Had cheese on toast for my tea yesterday.

My cooking skills consist of toast, fried eggs, bacon, cheese on toast, or microwaved porridge. 

Anything else, have a lady to do it ( when she feels like it) lol

Sort of agree with you on this Joinaman. I haven't got any cooking skills (although I do make a tasty Lao Khao wine). Wouldn't even know how to use a microwave. As far as I'm concerned the shed is my domain; the kitchen, the good ladies.

But!!! Cheese on toast. Now you're talking. The food of Welshmen and kings (where to get the cheese?).

"When she feels like it." Keep a 100 baht note in your top pocket. Sticking out just enough to be noticed. That can often get their cooking juices initiated.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Saraphee said:

A Bacon and Cheese Butty - using English style cuts of bacon. I avoid the American strips of bacon whenever possible.

I make my own smoked bacon, much better than whats commonly available here in Pattaya.

• Like 2