BANGKOK
nomad2019

New Health Insurance - the facts

9 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

they also have policies for us citizens.  i entered 60 years, resident of arizona, $100k cover, $1k deductible, travel to thailand for 30 days in august.  cost is $104.

https://americanvisitorinsurance.com/trawick-international/buy-safe-travels-outbound-cost-saver.asp

**edit**

i haven't purchased this insurance yet.  i'm currently stuck in china with the thai gf, preparing for the day we'll be let back in.

Thanks. After some reworking I did notice there is an option!

Posted (edited)
On 6/28/2020 at 3:33 PM, bolt said:

I received a form,  from Thai Consulate in Dubai (Emb Announcement on- spouse children )

Section 5 mentions” a copy of valid health insurance covering all expenditures of medical treatment, including COVID-19 with the minimum coverage of 100,000 USD  

The form will be forwarded to the Ministry of foreign affairs if the kingdom of Thailand for consideration with relevant that authorities on a case by case basis, taking in account urgency and humanitarian reasons.   

Emb Announcement on- spouse &children.pdfUnavailable

self deleted

Edited by simple1

On 6/29/2020 at 12:51 PM, bolt said:

I'm waiting on reply from Thai embassy on my application to enter, and my current insurance is valid til December 31st, so I 'll wait for reply, and report back

Did you get a reply from the embassy?

4 hours ago, PatrickC said:

Did you get a reply from the embassy?

nothing yet, the holidays are coming up

The Royal Thai Embassy in Abu Dhabi will be closed in July 2020 on the following dates;

1. Sunday 5 July 2020  -  on the occasion of Asarnhabucha Day 
2. Monday 6 July 2020  -  on the occasion of Buddhist Lent Day          
3. Tuesday 28 July 2020  -  on the occasion of His Majesty the King’s Birthday Anniversar

4 minutes ago, bolt said:

The Royal Thai Embassy in Abu Dhabi will be closed in July 2020 on the following dates;

3. Tuesday 28 July 2020  -  on the occasion of His Majesty the King’s Birthday Anniversar

Did you get replies on previous queries to the Abu Dhabi thai Embassy?

Reason I ask is that two years ago, I needed a simple confirmation YES/NO from the thai Embassy in Brussels and in spite of 4 e-mail reminders they never answered me.

Seems to be somewhat of a thai thing not to respond on questions by mail/e-mail.

3 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Did you get replies on previous queries to the Abu Dhabi thai Embassy?

Reason I ask is that two years ago, I needed a simple confirmation YES/NO from the thai Embassy in Brussels and in spite of 4 e-mail reminders they never answered me.

Seems to be somewhat of a thai thing not to respond on questions by mail/e-mail.

yes i got a reply, and they attached the forms i need to submit my application, they also have a chat feature on facebook messenger, so far response has been ok

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bolt said:

July 27, Songkran replacement holiday🥳

On 7/1/2020 at 2:16 PM, ChouDoufu said:

they also have policies for us citizens.  i entered 60 years, resident of arizona, $100k cover, $1k deductible, travel to thailand for 30 days in august.  cost is $104.

https://americanvisitorinsurance.com/trawick-international/buy-safe-travels-outbound-cost-saver.asp

The American Visitor Insurance website does not work. 
After I had input all the info and a policy was produced, I clicked the buy button, the error message turned out as follow:

Internal Server Error Error 500
The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from completing your request.

I tried several times in different days and finally gave it up. 

2 minutes ago, roadpeople said:

After I had input all the info and a policy was produced, I clicked the buy button, the error message turned out as follow:

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from completing your request.

You are correct that the website is behaving erraticaly.  Page 1 with your quote is alright but when clicking your option of choice followed by Buy It, you can get either the error-message you got or get onto Page 2.  There you encounter the problem that the 'travel destination' is greyed out and cannot be changed.  While fiddling with the options I was able to get it correct, but later when I tried again I was not able to reproduce that again.

>> So it would be best to directly contact them (e.g. with a screenshot of Page 1 with the option of your choice highlighted).

• Sad 1

On 6/29/2020 at 10:47 AM, Peter Denis said:

Just checked for my age-category (63 years). 

A 1-month covid-19 insurance with 100.000 US $ coverage and 5.000 US $ deductible, would cost 81.22 US $, using .

Now the only question remaining is whether there is a minimum time requirement for such covid-19 insurance to meet the thai re-entry requirement?

image.png

I go to the website of "Safe Travels International Cost Saver insurance" (www.trawickinternational.com). I am about to click to pay but no details of the policy can be read. I need to ensure the appearance of the above COVID-19 terms in the insurance policy. 

Where did you find the above "Int'l COVID-19 medical coverage by Safe Travels Int'l Cost Saver Insurance" in pink color box? 

22 minutes ago, roadpeople said:

I go to the website of "Safe Travels International Cost Saver insurance" (www.trawickinternational.com). I am about to click to pay but no details of the policy can be read. I need to ensure the appearance of the above COVID-19 terms in the insurance policy. 

Where did you find the above "Int'l COVID-19 medical coverage by Safe Travels Int'l Cost Saver Insurance" in pink color box? 

I filled in my details on the website

> https://americanvisitorinsurance.com/trawick-international/buy-safe-travels-outbound-cost-saver.asp

And that generated the matrix with the premium according to max coverage and deductible.

At the bottom of that matrix-quote you will find that additional information about the covid-19 insurance they offer.

8 hours ago, roadpeople said:

good to know.  i've bookmarked it for use when i have to buy useless insurance with a "covid19" cover when i want to return.  haven't tried to purchase yet.  

what did the company say about that when you contacted them? 

they do respond to emails.  i contacted them about insurance for my thai gf to return as the original link i had was for us citizens only.

• Thanks 1

On 7/1/2020 at 10:57 AM, elgenon said:

So a little more than $5 a day? Cheap. Who is offering that policy? That's 1 drink. Ooops, sorry I mentioned giving up a drink.

I don't really see $800 for a travel insurance as cheap.  

• Like 1

anyone got quotes in UK only

i need fly from UK

CHEERS

maybe likely that thai government will change these ridiculous rules .........

2 minutes ago, nomad2019 said:

anyone got quotes in UK only

i need fly from UK

CHEERS

maybe likely that thai government will change these ridiculous rules .........

Just because your point of departure is the UK does not affect  what policy you can or should get. The coverage needs to be for Thailand. Basically you have 2 options: (1) a regular expatriate health insurance policy - this will almost always cover COVID and are a good idea if you plan on staying long term in Thailand,.  (2) A shorter term travel policy -  these often will exclude COVID so check carefully.

• Thanks 1