Krungsri blocking online transfers for joint accounts

On 6/28/2020 at 1:34 PM, samtam said:

Staggered by the level of unprofessionalism, and irritated by the inability to make a simple transfer from my account.

"...irritated by the inability to make a simple transfer from my account..."

...from "our account", not "my account".  

At least you can rest assured that no one can transfer "your" funds out without your permission.

"Staggered by the level of unprofessionalism..."

Wow, some people are easily staggered.

Edited by Hi Tea

On 6/29/2020 at 10:30 PM, gamini said:

So what happens if you die. Your wife will have a real problem getting any money if it is in your account. That's why have a joint account

Although some don't, if a party to a joint account dies the other party, by law, has to advise the bank.  They can then make whatever arrangements are necessary to get access to the funds.

3 hours ago, Hi Tea said:

It's such a bore having high standards; I envy you for being able to put up with a lack of professionalism in banking, and perhaps in most aspects of your life.

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, samtam said:
On 9/18/2020 at 2:28 PM, Hi Tea said:

It's such a bore having high standards; I envy you for being able to put up with a lack of professionalism in banking, and perhaps in most aspects of your life.

You don't appreciate the bank's security system in looking after 'your' funds, then?

By the way, I haven't had to "put up with any lack of professionalism" in my dealings with Krungsri or any of my other banks in Thailand.  Of course, I wouldn't expect to be able to unilaterally clear the funds out of a bank account that jointly belonged to another party, if I wanted to that.

27 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

You don't appreciate the bank's security system in looking after 'your' funds, then?

Yes, of course I expect the bank to protect my funds. My point was that I also expect the bank to notify me, and my joint account holder, and indeed all their other joint account holders, of their change in policy. That they did not do this is what I find unprofessional, especially as it had a material impact on the way I conduct my banking business with them.

31 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

Of course, I wouldn't expect to be able to unilaterally clear the funds out of a bank account that jointly belonged to another party, if I wanted to that.

The cancellation of online banking from joint accounts does not preclude either party to the joint banking facility "to clear funds out of the bank". That method is still available by ATM transfer/withdrawal, or by sole signatory on a cheque, and or by sole signature of a withdrawal slip at any branch, as agreed in the banking terms and conditions which both joint account holders signed when the account was opened; viz the account can be operated solely by one of the two joint account holders. So the move is completely illogical. If the bank chooses to alter the terms and conditions, it should notify the account holders. To not do so is unprofessional.

In addition, any withdrawal by any method generates both an email and SMS alert to both parties on the account.

• Haha 1