BANGKOK
TheDJMecanic

When will flights out of Bangkok actually resume?

There's been a lot of talk about foreign partners wanting to return to Thailand to be with their families and the government allowing them in certain circumstances to do so. I'm all for that but what about the foreigners stuck here since March that need to get back to their home country so they can return to work to sustain their family here? I'm in the later category and although I was and am happy to be here with my kids it's no fun now as my saving have but all run out. So as the Thai government can hardly support their own people how would i expect them to look after mine.

I can understand the reluctance to stop incoming flights but what about outgoing flights? Surely there are flight going out and some way to leave. 

I have had 2 flights cancelled since March, the most recent was for the 1st of July with Turkish airlines to Dublin, The airline now say they will be flying again on the 18th of July but I have little faith in that happening.

So can anyone here on TV give a realistic answer

Regards

• Confused 4

As far as I can tell, Lufthansa is still flying every couple of days to FRA, Qatar to DOH, EVA weekly to LHR, KLM to AMS. Ought not be any problem to get a connection within Europe (or elsewhere) from one of those.

• Like 2

I guess it depends on where you are going. I checked on Flightaware and there are flights going out, the most that I saw were going to Japan JAL/AA. I am sure airlines don't want to send in empty planes to take people out. I have had 3 flights canceled as of now. There was a plane flying out to the US by way of Japan by the same airline 3 hours later but they wanted 6 times the price I had paid for the same class coach seat.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Many airlines have shutdown partially or completely.

Others - as written - have never stopped flights to/from Bangkok completely.

The OP is particularly referring to Turkish Airlines which was in total shutdown for a while.

I read that they resumed flights to a couple of international destinations.

But can't tell about Bangkok.

Be optimistic that they will fly on July 18.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

KLM is flying several times a week from BKK to Amsterdam. I think you can find a way to go from Amsterdam to Dublin. It's maybe inconvenient, but you can leave if you want.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Outbound flights never completely  ceased. I left 10 days ago.

Do you really have to stick to TK? The LH group can take you to Dublin anytime.

Edited by CLS
  • Like 1

Flights are running now, and if you're worried about social distancing, don't, because most are not even half full. Plenty of empty sheets in economy for laying down and stretching out. 

4 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

EVA fly every Sunday to Heathrow.  

Yes had a few freinds fly out.

I am flying out with SwissAir Very soon and see their flights are still operating regularly. My question is what new procedures are in place as a result of Covid-19 for flying out of Suvarnabhumi. I don’t want to arrive to find I need a doctors certificate to state I am negative for Covid-19. Additionally, are departures fairly free of queues and free flowing. Has anyone flown with SwissAir to Zurich recently as I wanted to know if there was ample distancing between passengers. 

6 minutes ago, Karlo said:

I am flying out with SwissAir Very soon and see their flights are still operating regularly. My question is what new procedures are in place as a result of Covid-19 for flying out of Suvarnabhumi. I don’t want to arrive to find I need a doctors certificate to state I am negative for Covid-19. Additionally, are departures fairly free of queues and free flowing. Has anyone flown with SwissAir to Zurich recently as I wanted to know if there was ample distancing between passengers. 

Here’s some good advice from the Thai Embassy in Turkey about buying plane tickets before the flight ban to #Thailand is lifted. DON’T DO IT! Just because airlines are selling tickets for July, it doesn’t mean they will be allowed to land in Thailand. They just want your money.

7 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Eva air, Qatar, Emirates......as far as I know they have been flying out all during lockdown.

Not Emirates but the others have been.