When will flights out of Bangkok actually resume?

1 hour ago, Robin said:

I am in the same situation as OP. Arrived in Thailand just as Europe locked down, now hoping to get back to UK sometime soon.  Can anyone point me to information as to which flights are flying?  I have looked on Expedia and find al the normal offers, but are there actual flights?  

It is not an emergency, s my retirement visa has been extended, and I have house nd family here, but I would really like to be back in UK.  Should I simply book a flight on Expedia, my usual way of travelling, and hope it will fly?  

Any advice would be appreciated.

Read this thread and you'll see lots of correct information.  Use Flightradar 24 to verify which flights actually leave on a regular basis.  Don't use a travel site to book, book with the airline directly.  The only direct flight to the UK (LHR) is EVA BR67 every Sunday. Expect more options to come in July.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Many airlines have shutdown partially or completely.

Others - as written - have never stopped flights to/from Bangkok completely.

The OP is particularly referring to Turkish Airlines which was in total shutdown for a while.

I read that they resumed flights to a couple of international destinations.

But can't tell about Bangkok.

Be optimistic that they will fly on July 18.

I caught a Turkish Airlines flight from Kazakhstan to Heathrow last week. There were flights from Istanbul into the Schengen Zone Countries as well, but I didn't see any on the boards to SE Asia. But they said they were expanding flights further from the 1st July.

4 hours ago, TheDJMecanic said:

That's not very reassuring, How did you get a refund so quickly, I need to get a refund to buy a new ticket with a different airline

I called then to enquire if the flight was likely to operate, they said it wasn’t going to do so and offered a refund or a rescheduled, the guy recommended a refund but advised it would take two months.

I opted for the refund and for about six or seven weeks tickets for my flight were still on sale.

My credit card was refunded on Saturday, two months to the day from calling them.

18 hours ago, northsouthdevide said:

Flights are running now, and if you're worried about social distancing, don't, because most are not even half full. Plenty of empty sheets in economy for laying down and stretching out. 

I was on eva flight to Heathrow and there wasn’t a spare seat on the plane 

• Like 1

On 6/28/2020 at 3:45 PM, bunnydrops said:

I am sure airlines don't want to send in empty planes to take people out.

Some have just converted to bringing cargo in, taking people out, and reducing frequency. As for Turkish specifically, they're starting to fly in July, unless this changes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2020 at 12:48 AM, PingRoundTheWorld said:

I am sure airlines don't want to send in empty planes to take people out.

Actually they do fly into BKK empty. They have may some economic interests but also for technical reasons. Then they typically fly back from BKK to their destinations full, as there are people who want to fly out from Thailand (e.g. I've been recently on a Swiss flight BKK-ZRH, it was full)

Edited by McArie

A mate flew with Austrian to Vienna and on to Berlin last Tuesday (July 7).

All in time, no problems reported. Only got pictures from deserted Suvarnabhumi.

(I experienced it on my own at a domestic flight, somewhat spooky)

An as written a hundred times: there is a number of flights to other destinations e.g. in Europe.

As far as I remember EVA, Qatar, Lufthansa and others have never stopped totally.

I flew out of Bangkok on a Sunday evening a week ago with Swiss Air, the queue at immigration was 2 desks and only 4 /6 people waiting. No problems with clearing immigration they were polite and took a photo of my passport and completed a form about my passport and departure. The flight was 80% full with a small proportion of people not correctly wearing face masks. Even worse on the flight from Zurich to the UK which was 50% full a few people were not wearing masks or had them just covering their chins. Why are people acting in this way is it bravado or just a case they won’t be told what to do. To be honest I felt the covid protection was significantly better in Thailand than the UK and can see why the death and infection rate is so high.