Options to Invest 10M Baht in Thailand other than a normal Deposit Account ?

Serious Question, What options like government Bonds or something of that like to invest 10,000,000 Baht already in Country earning a measly 1% in a Bank ?
Yes i know i need financial advise, just thought there may be guys already investing and getting a better than 1% return without too much risk ?

• Like 1

There are many funds in many banks to invest in ...

Here are some SCB funds : https://www.scbam.com/en/fund/index-fund/fund-information/scbset50

My banker says that now is a good time to invest in the SCB SET 50 index fund , as stock market is low now , but will recover ...

Up to you ... Me , no , I do not as I do not like to take the risk . I hang around with a meager 1% return , but at least , this is secured .

Good luck , if you ever find a secure investment that gives a better return , please keep us informed ...

• Like 1

Patience. There’s a crash due , then buy REITs and SET index. KBank and CIMB have REITs that have returned double digits last 5 years. 
for now, I’d be appreciating the 1% in safe ready cash . Cash will be King soon. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, pattayapip said:

Got one already

What's the reason for the 10 million baht investment? I think during the situation we are in at moment investing loads of money isn't a very good idea unless you're a financial wizard. 

If you have extra money, why not do something to benefit Thailand and those Thais who are often forgotten.  Help fund a school for the rural poor.  Donate money to a worthy cause.  Give something back to the country you have chosen to live in that will make a difference to many, not just bring you more money.

I invest on the Thai stock market.  There are some good safe companies paying good dividends too but it is much more volatile than the LSE or NYSE.  Never the less money can be made but you must work at it and invest slowly, feeling the water if you are a beginner.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CM Dad said:

If you have extra money, why not do something to benefit Thailand and those Thais who are often forgotten.  Help fund a school for the rural poor.  Donate money to a worthy cause.  Give something back to the country you have chosen to live in that will make a difference to many, not just bring you more money.

A good idea would be to sponsor the local bars so we all can benefit of it....55555

18 hours ago, pattayapip said:

Serious Question, What options like government Bonds or something of that like to invest 10,000,000 Baht...

If it's for investment visa I think to remember that condo(s) – which you already have on of – bank deposit, and government bonds, are the options.

If it's for other investment than visa and extension of stay, then you could look into mutual funds, the so-called Fund Books, which are managed portfolio offered by most of the banks in a variety of options from cash, to bonds, to equity, and a mix of several. Some funds are dividend paying with dividend tax withheld, others are only accumulating. However, you pay for the management, no matter if gain or loss, often 1.5+ percent a year.

You might have a better investment profit if you look at SET (Stock Exchange of Thailand) and open a trading account with one of the banks. If you pick the right dividend paying portfolio you can have both a running income, with only 10 percent tax withheld, and a tax-free capital gain (SET gains are free from income tax). In average – looking at the past few years experience – a portfolio could give you 3+ percent in net dividend when placed in low risk stocks, and you might have a nice capital gain on top. Without any recommendation or predictions about future performance, I had in my portfolie stocks that both gained 50+ percent, and doubled, in capital within the past three years; until the Covid-19 crisis – they might come back up again, in total no loss apart from previous gain, so a good time to invest – however some are still 50 percent up in three years. My experience is that SET is not worse than other stock markets, and if you are going to spend the savings in baht, it's save for currency fluctuation, so in the way SET is better than foreign stock markets...????

• Like 2

20 hours ago, pattayapip said:

Serious Question, What options like government Bonds or something of that like to invest 10,000,000 Baht already in Country earning a measly 1% in a Bank ?

Pattayapip,

Check with Bangkok Bank and Citibank Thailand.  They do have funds that you can invest in.  If you are a foreigner not Thai you can even have in foreign currency like USD.