Non immigrant O Retirement visa

On 6/29/2020 at 8:44 AM, thelovedone said:

I am overseas and  cannot return to my home in Thailand.The lack of information is so frustrating....Does the government want retirees to leave Thailand permanently and look at other countries  to live in?

I cant get a timeline from anyone or the Embasy on Non O Visa retirees returning.

Surely we could be given the same consideration as Married Visa status to return to Thailand.

Myself and many others must be  in the same situation.My Retirement Visa expires in a few weeks. Lease on my condo will expire in a month. I am locked out of Thailand with no information on a possible  return date.

After 10 years of living in Thailand the only option I see for  now, is to abandon my personal items and transfer my money out of Thailand.

Really hoping the Gov't will give us retirees a timeline so we can make a plan to return. 

Just out of curiosity. Why did you leave Thailand if it's so important to get back in? If you're retired and left the country and now can't get back in because of the closed borders,why would the thai  government give a c**p about you and other retirees if you can't stay put? 

On 6/29/2020 at 10:36 AM, thelovedone said:

Those options that are really non-sensical , difficult or impossible to do from overseas when I have no idea of a possible  return date.

Nope, they can be arranged from overseas if you really want to. Nor is it particularly difficult. Did you talk to your landlord yet? And you've got money here in Thailand. ????I've known people to buy property from overseas and have it renovated, all remotely.

You do have some idea, too, that it'll likely be within a few months.

On 6/29/2020 at 10:36 AM, thelovedone said:

You seem to miss the point.....that I am locked out of Thailand and requesting  sensible advice on when people in my situation may be able to return.

No, I addressed your point quite reasonably. Nobody can offer you the little guarantee you'd like at the moment, so you have no real point in asking, but it'll very likely be within a few months.