Deep discounts from The Germans

pedro01

8 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Careful, some of them are last year's models still unsold.

I do like the latest Benz C43 Coupe and E Coupe though.... how much? Are they imported or made here?

some quick Googled summaries...

The Indian operation started assembling and manufacturing GLC from September 2016 and it is the highest selling SUV for Mercedes-Benz in India. The company currently assembles and manufactures nine models in India, right from CLA to the S Class Maybach

Which Mercedes Benz models are made in Germany?
Sindelfingen Plant, Sindelfingen, Germany
  • Mercedes-Benz CLS.
  • Mercedes-Benz E-Class (Sedan and Wagon)
  • Mercedes-Benz S-Class (Sedan, Coupé, Cabriolet)
  • Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-AMG GT (all variants)
  • Mercedes-Benz AMG GT Coupe.
  • Mercedes-Maybach.

Germany

Stuttgart is the founding city of Mercedes-Benz, and headquarters of the entire Daimler Group. The Stuttgart-Untertürkheim plant was founded in 1904, employs about 19,000 people, and now makes genuine Mercedes-Benz parts such as engines, axles, and transmissions. This plant also hosts the research and development team, and will be producing electric vehicle batteries in the future. Additional German Mercedes-Benz plants include:

• Affalterbach – about 1,700 employees: AMG® engines, AMG® Performance Studio AMG® GmbH
  • Berlin – about 2,500 employees: engines, components, and more
  • Bremen – about 12,500 employees: Mercedes-Benz C-Class, E-Class, GLC, GLC Coupe, SL, and SLC
  • Hamburg – about 2,500 employees: Axles and axle components, steering columns, exhaust emission technology components, and more
  • Kamenz – about 600 employees: Lithium-ion drive batteries
  • Kölleda and Arnstadt – about 1,400 employees: Engines, AMG® engines
  • Rastatt – about 6,500 employees: Mercedes-Benz A-Class, B-Class, and GLA
  • Sindelfingen – about 25,000 employees: Mercedes-Benz CLS, E-Class, S-Class, and Mercedes-AMG® GT family, and Mercedes-Maybach

United States

The Mercedes-Benz plant in Tuscaloosa, Alabama employs about 3,700 employees. This plant produces Mercedes-Benz SUVs like the GLE, the GLE Coupe, and the GLS, as well as the popular Mercedes-Benz C-Class sedan. Car manufacturing has become a major industry for Alabama, and this Tuscaloosa location founded in 1995 was the first major Mercedes-Benz production plant outside of Germany.

Additional Mercedes-Benz Production

• Hambach, France – about 800 employees: The “smart fortwo” model series of city cars
  • Kecskemét, Hungary – about 4,000 employees: Mercedes-Benz B-Class, CLA, CLA Shooting Brake
  • Sebes and Cugir, Romania – about 3,000 employees: Transmissions, engine and transmission parts
  • Beijing, China – about 11,500 employees: Mercedes-Benz C-Class, E-Class, GLA, GLC, and engines
  • East London, South Africa – about 3,300 employees: Mercedes-Benz C-Class
  • Like 1

Everyone is on discount right now. Mazda has deals of 200-300k off many models, Volvo I've seen up to 800k, Audi has some big discounts plus financing incentives. Motor show is coming in 2 weeks, expect some promotions to be announced there as well.

Unless you need a car now or are extremely picky and must have an exact color/option combo, be patient; this economy is not going to improve at all this year, dealers will continue to get more desperate.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

I do like the latest Benz C43 Coupe and E Coupe though.... how much? Are they imported or made here?

A friend took delivery of a C43 AMG coupe about 4 months ago and it cost 3.8Mill. Was quoted 4 mill from most dealers. The car is built here.

• Like 1

Be careful, the mercs are having a problem with their new models being driven through standing water

as a friend mine found out to his amazement & detriment.

Now waiting for new parts for 3 months & no replacement car in the meantime

Is he happy, ? of course, over the moon ,,,,furious 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

I haven't seen that .... do you happen to know which models it applies to......

Among other  FB Groups     I belong to MBEQ-TH  and MB Owners Club TH ...have you got a link to that info or just from your friend.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, tifino said:

some quick Googled summaries...

The Indian operation started assembling and manufacturing GLC from September 2016 and it is the highest selling SUV for Mercedes-Benz in India. The company currently assembles and manufactures nine models in India, right from CLA to the S Class Maybach

Which Mercedes Benz models are made in Germany?
Sindelfingen Plant, Sindelfingen, Germany
  • Mercedes-Benz CLS.
  • Mercedes-Benz E-Class (Sedan and Wagon)
  • Mercedes-Benz S-Class (Sedan, Coupé, Cabriolet)
  • Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-AMG GT (all variants)
  • Mercedes-Benz AMG GT Coupe.
  • Mercedes-Maybach.

Germany

Stuttgart is the founding city of Mercedes-Benz, and headquarters of the entire Daimler Group. The Stuttgart-Untertürkheim plant was founded in 1904, employs about 19,000 people, and now makes genuine Mercedes-Benz parts such as engines, axles, and transmissions. This plant also hosts the research and development team, and will be producing electric vehicle batteries in the future. Additional German Mercedes-Benz plants include:

• Affalterbach – about 1,700 employees: AMG® engines, AMG® Performance Studio AMG® GmbH
  • Berlin – about 2,500 employees: engines, components, and more
  • Bremen – about 12,500 employees: Mercedes-Benz C-Class, E-Class, GLC, GLC Coupe, SL, and SLC
  • Hamburg – about 2,500 employees: Axles and axle components, steering columns, exhaust emission technology components, and more
  • Kamenz – about 600 employees: Lithium-ion drive batteries
  • Kölleda and Arnstadt – about 1,400 employees: Engines, AMG® engines
  • Rastatt – about 6,500 employees: Mercedes-Benz A-Class, B-Class, and GLA
  • Sindelfingen – about 25,000 employees: Mercedes-Benz CLS, E-Class, S-Class, and Mercedes-AMG® GT family, and Mercedes-Maybach

United States

The Mercedes-Benz plant in Tuscaloosa, Alabama employs about 3,700 employees. This plant produces Mercedes-Benz SUVs like the GLE, the GLE Coupe, and the GLS, as well as the popular Mercedes-Benz C-Class sedan. Car manufacturing has become a major industry for Alabama, and this Tuscaloosa location founded in 1995 was the first major Mercedes-Benz production plant outside of Germany.

Additional Mercedes-Benz Production

• Hambach, France – about 800 employees: The “smart fortwo” model series of city cars
  • Kecskemét, Hungary – about 4,000 employees: Mercedes-Benz B-Class, CLA, CLA Shooting Brake
  • Sebes and Cugir, Romania – about 3,000 employees: Transmissions, engine and transmission parts
  • Beijing, China – about 11,500 employees: Mercedes-Benz C-Class, E-Class, GLA, GLC, and engines
  • East London, South Africa – about 3,300 employees: Mercedes-Benz C-Class

A lot of Mercs are assembled in Bangkok.

https://www.mercedes-benz.co.th/en/passengercars.html?group=all&subgroup=see-all&view=BODYTYPE

• Like 2

23 hours ago, pedro01 said:

I took a tour with the wife last weekend. It took 10 mins in a BMW dealership to get a 600k discount on a 530 e msport, we barely tried. That's 3.3 million. 5 years bsi too. 

Bought a MSport a couple of years ago, it lost 1m in the space of three months.

currently tossing up a benze GLC or Landrover for the wife, so its good to know theyre knocking the cost down pre-departing with the keys lol

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

100,000 Quid for a Benz that is not as well built as one from Germany..... Sheeesh! Some people have more money than sense.

So I take it you have been to the Benz factory in Thailand, and since you have a degree in manufacturing engineering for automobiles, we are safe to trust your expert opinion..........

As for having money - so far the overwhelming majority on here frown on communism in China, that implies we are open to accept everybody has a right to spend his surplus money on frivolous luxuries if he is so inclined.

• Like 2

On 6/28/2020 at 9:45 PM, DaRoadrunner said:

C63 / E63. 

Twin turbo V8

Forget the 43's

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

Audi were giving 1-2 million bht discounts on some models. Still vastly overpriced like bmw and Mercedes though. Best buying one a couple of years old and hardly any mileage, basically half to two thirds the price. 

looking back i wished id done that now what with the exchange rate.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JAS21 said:

I haven't seen that .... do you happen to know which models it applies to......

Among other  FB Groups     I belong to MBEQ-TH  and MB Owners Club TH ...have you got a link to that info or just from your friend.

I am reading this kind of BS since the first time I arrived in Thailand and cheap charlies telling that people who drive Benz are idiots.

Of course, never had any problem with any of our cars. Pure BS of the poor.

12 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Here is a maybe unpopular view, having owned BMWs for over 25 years in the UK and been a big fan,  German cars are a waste of space and money  in Thailand. Too expensive, too sensitive to rough handling and rough terrain, too much depreciation and there are so many better Asian produced options to choose from.  I wouldn't even consider buying one here.   

Too.. too...    yes I agree, you just seem too old to have style and taste now ????

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

style is for young people; taste is for food, drink and women, cars are for transport and nothing else.  

well spoken, though it is nice to ride in comfort - a good sound system means more to me than horsepower... 

17 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

well spoken, though it is nice to ride in comfort - a good sound system means more to me than horsepower... 

My Toyota Vios and my iPad plugged into  the basic sound system works fine. Took me 20 years to realise that my expensive cars were not helping my career, social life or bank account.  I miss my old motorbike, on which I lavished love, but not the BMWs, on which I lavished money.   Slow learner obviously. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

I just don't understand why on earth would you buy such an expansive car in Thailand

considering the road fatalities and accidents. As I mentioned before my car is 24 years

old but it gets me from A to B

Trying to understand this logic.. It seems to imply that accidents + road fatalities = better to have a cheap old car with lower safety standards..?

• Thanks 1

just passed on the road a Toyota CVR Hybrid in metallic green,  lovely looking car.  That may be my next buy.  Half the price of a BMW 4 series. 

Edited by Pilotman
  • Like 1