Climbing over neighbour wall

warcy

5 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

Of course this would be the first thing to do.

Who’s land is the wall on?

There are two walls.

One wall is shared between our two houses that means half belongs to me.

The other wall entirely belongs to me. Ours are corner houses. They climbed this wall because they extended the back of their house fully to build a kitchen.

That leaves no space for the workers to go to the back of their house to fix the back of their roof. They must enter my house to fix the back of their house.

11 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

Did your Thai wife/GF attend for translation purposes?  Even then I appreciate things get lost in translation.  

There is no translation lost, my neighbour speaks like the bxxxx in the video below when we talked to her nicely. 

Edited by warcy

10 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

They are trespassing, period. Also believe house should be at least a metre from dividing wall? get yourself a massive Rottweiler and put on patrol.

Yes, I think the house should not be extended so close to the dividing wall too.

Does anybody have any experience with the authorities on this? 

Edited by warcy

7 hours ago, warcy said:

That leaves no space for the workers to go to the back of their house to fix the back of their roof. They must enter my house to fix the back of their house.

Broken glass on top of wall, aggressive soi dog or three in the garden.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

To misquote a famous movie your solution might be       "Dogs, lots of dogs..."

or possibly a monetary compensation .  You paid for your property for personal use,

then they should also pay for the same privilege . 

Pardon the confusion but it's not clear as to why they can't go through her house to get to the rear of her property. If it is possible then you are clearly being taken advantage of. 

I've had  problems  where some of my tools disappeared after workers were allowed access to paint the side of her garage  and another when my neighbors workers left work debris in front of my house for trash pickup instead of hers. 

Edited by Seth1a2a

1 hour ago, Seth1a2a said:

Pardon the confusion but it's not clear as to why they can't go through her house to get to the rear of her property. If it is possible then you are clearly being taken advantage of. 

Imagine the back of your house has 3 sides and you want to build a new kitchen to extend the built-in area.

1. You extend the fullest to the back using the dividing wall of neighbour A as your new wall. Then the height is extended to the roof.

2. You extend the side of the right wall using the dividing of neighbour B as your new wall.

3. You extend the side of the left wall using the outside wall (no neighbour) as your new wall.

How are you able to go to the back of your house to fix things on the outside without going into my house?

The only way is to climb your roof from the front of your house and go to the back of the roof but the contract workers deem it too troublesome. Preferring to enter via the side wall of my house that has no neighbour.

Edited by warcy

6 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Questions;

1. Did the workers damage your property?

2. How long were they on your wall?

3. This leaking trough, is there any likelihood it would have damaged your property if not repaired?

4. Are you certain that  the wall the climbed is 100% on your property and that the wall itself is legal.

Yes, of course it is irritating that some workers climbed your wall. however, if it was  for a short period of time and no damage was done, you are asking for trouble if you make an issue out of this.

You had better be certain that your wall is  legal and that the  leaky trough wasn't damaging your wall, otherwise you may have bigger issues to  contend with.

it is just not worth getting upset over this. Ignore it and carry on.               

Would you say one to two hours standing on the wall 'short'? This occurred many times over the past few years. I have asked them not to stand on my wall but they won't listen.

Whenever they repair their leaking roof, the yellow silicone and other rubbish dropped into my house. They don't even bother to pick it up.

Furthermore, the leaking trough did discolor the dividing wall because the water get stuck there after raining. I can see the water stains on the dividing wall.

If I am not mistaken, any structure including any roof overhang must be 50cm from the middle of the dividing joined wall. If you do not stop it before it is finished then you will not be able to have it torn down. 50cm is the gap in any housing complex and with this there is plenty of room to work. You neighbor is overstepping the rules. Happens all of the time as well, but you never ever should allow you neighbor to get that close to you. the noise will reverberate, especially in a kitchen. hopefully if your lucky the kitchen is 100% closed in. Good luck, but you must stop it now if you are going to have peace of mind. I actually had stopped my neighbor to a 50cm overhang they were building for a carport. thje biggest reason was because of rain and flowing into my property, and I kindly suggested they put up gutters to avoid erosion of our joined wall.

Anyway this was when they were building the house next to my property so easier to control. We are all ok with each other and no problems as neighbors as we generally respect each others property and privacy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bill97 said:

2 meters 10years ago Mae Rim residential

Housing division near Saraphi and a friend of mine who is an architect stated 50cm. The builder who was doing their house agreed. Also I had a very large enclosed kitchen added to my rear of my property and code was 50cm. But what we do know is the OP doesn't even have 5cm of gap.

5 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

If I am not mistaken, any structure including any roof overhang must be 50cm from the middle of the dividing joined wall. If you do not stop it before it is finished then you will not be able to have it torn down. 50cm is the gap in any housing complex and with this there is plenty of room to work. You neighbor is overstepping the rules. Happens all of the time as well, but you never ever should allow you neighbor to get that close to you. the noise will reverberate, especially in a kitchen. hopefully if your lucky the kitchen is 100% closed in. Good luck, but you must stop it now if you are going to have peace of mind. I actually had stopped my neighbor to a 50cm overhang they were building for a carport. thje biggest reason was because of rain and flowing into my property, and I kindly suggested they put up gutters to avoid erosion of our joined wall.

Anyway this was when they were building the house next to my property so easier to control. We are all ok with each other and no problems as neighbors as we generally respect each others property and privacy.

Not only that, but they have the nerves to build windows that opens into the dividing wall. Open as in pushed into my side of the wall, it is not a sliding window that pushes sideway.

When they open their kitchen window, the sunlight reflects back. When it rains, the water pours into my garden.

I have also complained to the developer of our village but they didn't do anything AFTER complaining to our neighbour.

Edited by warcy

5 minutes ago, warcy said:

Not only that, but they have the nerves to build windows on top of the dividing wall. The windows can be opened to our side which crosses the dividing wall.

When they open their kitchen window, the sunlight reflects back. When it rains, the water pours into my garden.

I have also complained to the developer of our village but they didn't do anything AFTER complaining to our neighbour.

Not sure of all the rules, but windows on dividing wall is definitely not allowed!

Suggest you paint your side of the window ????

Edited by Yorkshire Tea
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, warcy said:

Not only that, but they have the nerves to build windows that opens into the dividing wall. Open as in pushed into my side of the wall, it is not a sliding window that pushes sideway.

Thai rules. If you complain before finished you are ok. After finished are F-d.