Climbing over neighbour wall

warcy

21 hours ago, warcy said:

There are two walls.

One wall is shared between our two houses that means half belongs to me.

The other wall entirely belongs to me. Ours are corner houses. They climbed this wall because they extended the back of their house fully to build a kitchen.

That leaves no space for the workers to go to the back of their house to fix the back of their roof. They must enter my house to fix the back of their house.

They cannot build an extension right up to your wall,they must leave a space .

regards worgeordie

On 6/28/2020 at 11:02 PM, warcy said:

There are two walls.

One wall is shared between our two houses that means half belongs to me.

The other wall entirely belongs to me. Ours are corner houses. They climbed this wall because they extended the back of their house fully to build a kitchen.

That leaves no space for the workers to go to the back of their house to fix the back of their roof. They must enter my house to fix the back of their house.

If it was me I would undertake some further renovations and extended the second wall, that is in your property, so that it is higher than your neighbors roof. That way they cannot open their new window, or if they can they are looking at a brick wall, and also any rain from their roof will just flow down the wall into their property.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/29/2020 at 8:22 PM, holy cow cm said:

Thai rules. If you complain before finished you are ok. After finished are F-d. 

They probably think the wall is completely theirs since have 2 walls. Basically they are not allowed to use a wall as a building. They are also definitely not allowed to put windows in one either. Your wife may be able to get some authority to have them tear it down. It plainly is wrong and there are laws regarding this as well. I would be fuming. They never would have gotten that far. 

On 6/29/2020 at 8:38 PM, worgeordie said:

They cannot build an extension right up to your wall,they must leave a space .

regards worgeordie

They think the tiny space is the dividing wall which they own half of it. Some Thai are so greedy for space. They even park one of their big cars at the side of their house which blocks incoming traffic. They already have one or two cars inside their garage.

Are there any authorities that I can complain to that will take action?

I have complained to the developer and village management but they are not taking any action.

Edited by warcy

8 hours ago, warcy said:

I have complained to the developer and village management but they are not taking any action

Do you own the house?  If not your complaint would be ignored, the owner would have to register the complaint.

Is this a frequent occurrence?  One might be thankful the neighbor Is careful about maintaining their property.  One might consider this a better result than living next to a rundown house.  If no damage is done one should chill.  One might offer them a cold drink the next time they appear.  That would be more in line with “Thainess.”

Edited by Tracyb
  • Like 1

My Thai neighbours seem to be terrified of me, at least when they have work done they never ask if their people can come over my side and do a decent job, which I'd be very happy to allow them to do. Instead they hang in the air at all sorts of angles, or stick their heads up through the roof like a whack-a-mole, and inevitably end up doing a rubbish job. Why won't these idiots just ask me, I don't bite? Well, not often, anyway, and I've had all my shots....lol

I can't believe what i'm reading ..... neighbor's workers climbed over or one a fence to fix a leaking trough or drain pipe.

geeeeze ...... I gotta say is that your biggest worry.  lol ........  some folks just ask for trouble here.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, warcy said:

They think the tiny space is the dividing wall which they own half of it. Some Thai are so greedy for space. They even park one of their big cars at the side of their house which blocks incoming traffic. They already have one or two cars inside their garage.

Are there any authorities that I can complain to that will take action?

I have complained to the developer and village management but they are not taking any action.

Go ask for direction at the Government offices.

I mentioned to you that they probably thought the wall was theirs and the barrier the medium. You still need to go complain. You will need pictures and a document showing property lines. Let your wife do the talking and stay calm.

In Tonpao, Sankamphaeng, in our muban now 6 years old, we had numerous times that when people move into their new houses, they almost all wanted to build extensions, carports, etc.  Many were outside the standard for at least this area - nothing within 50cm of the shared wall and any roof overhang could not drain rain water onto the adjoining property.  Many people ignore this as do the local construction companies.  Even if a wall is completed, and although you have complained with no results from your new neighbor, a letter or visit to the local Thesaban will (and did in many cases) result in a visit by an inspector from the thesaban who will take pictures of the offending structure and then seeing that it violates the standards, will send a letter informing the neighbor to come into compliance with the standards - in other words the structure has to be destroyed and rebuilt if desired to the standards.  But of course you will never be friends of that neighbor.  I saw several structures taken down in various stages of construction.  The muban officials themselves never offered any assistance.   We too complained as our neighbor was building a Thai kitchen (using gas) with a large window facing our house almost against the fence.  They got very upset that it had to be torn down and started over, then the local constructors did not slant their roof according to physics so that when the first heavy rains came, the roof collapsed; when they tore down the walls and moved it to standard on the other corner of their property, they broke a water main! of course all the bad luck was blamed on us.  Does that bother me - not in the least!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yes they should have asked permission but keeping their property in good repair is in your interest especially keeping run off on their side. In the UK you have a right of entry to repair your property enshrined in London in the Party wall acts where each side appoints a surveyor to represent them. Nothing like that in Thailand thank goodness. Best to reach agreement with your neighbour as long as they make good any damage

On 7/1/2020 at 10:33 AM, Presnock said:

nothing within 50cm of the shared wall and any roof overhang could not drain rain water onto the adjoining property. 

Yep. You confirmed what I had stated already. And you are correct on everyone building something and most overstepping their boundary. 

As Presnock stated, a visit to the Tesaban by the House Owner with a written complaints and some images will get them a visit.

The 50cm is also correct and any offending structure will be forced to be rectified. It is also unlikely they have planning permission.

Note that your neighbour will be informed of who made the complaint and do no be expected to be invited over for a BBQ. 

On 7/1/2020 at 10:33 AM, Presnock said:

In Tonpao, Sankamphaeng, in our muban now 6 years old, we had numerous times that when people move into their new houses, they almost all wanted to build extensions, carports, etc.  Many were outside the standard for at least this area - nothing within 50cm of the shared wall and any roof overhang could not drain rain water onto the adjoining property.  Many people ignore this as do the local construction companies.  Even if a wall is completed, and although you have complained with no results from your new neighbor, a letter or visit to the local Thesaban will (and did in many cases) result in a visit by an inspector from the thesaban who will take pictures of the offending structure and then seeing that it violates the standards, will send a letter informing the neighbor to come into compliance with the standards - in other words the structure has to be destroyed and rebuilt if desired to the standards.  But of course you will never be friends of that neighbor.  I saw several structures taken down in various stages of construction.  The muban officials themselves never offered any assistance.   We too complained as our neighbor was building a Thai kitchen (using gas) with a large window facing our house almost against the fence.  They got very upset that it had to be torn down and started over, then the local constructors did not slant their roof according to physics so that when the first heavy rains came, the roof collapsed; when they tore down the walls and moved it to standard on the other corner of their property, they broke a water main! of course all the bad luck was blamed on us.  Does that bother me - not in the least!

I think this is the best answer so far and similar to my problem. I can relate to your problem because these are seriously very selfish people.

What is this Thesaban and how to locate this?

Edited by warcy

9 hours ago, DLock said:

As Presnock stated, a visit to the Tesaban by the House Owner with a written complaints and some images will get them a visit.

The 50cm is also correct and any offending structure will be forced to be rectified. It is also unlikely they have planning permission.

Note that your neighbour will be informed of who made the complaint and do no be expected to be invited over for a BBQ. 

The neighbour is an arrogant lot who we have talked to many times in the past, so the relationship won't get any worse than the present.

Edited by warcy

go to Home Pro, they have spikes that you can affix along your wall. Alternatively, a can of glue and some broken bottles to put on the wall will stop that nonsense in its tracks.  They also sell razor wire. 

Edited by Pilotman

1 hour ago, warcy said:

The neighbour is an arrogant lot who we have talked to many times in the past, so the relationship won't get any worse than the present.

So there is no possibility of any physical response?  How can you be sure of that?