BANGKOK
warcy

Climbing over neighbour wall

21 hours ago, warcy said:

There are two walls.

One wall is shared between our two houses that means half belongs to me.

The other wall entirely belongs to me. Ours are corner houses. They climbed this wall because they extended the back of their house fully to build a kitchen.

That leaves no space for the workers to go to the back of their house to fix the back of their roof. They must enter my house to fix the back of their house.

They cannot build an extension right up to your wall,they must leave a space .

regards worgeordie

On 6/28/2020 at 5:06 PM, warcy said:

There is no translation lost, my neighbour speaks like the bxxxx in the video below when we talked to her nicely. 

Pool cue a bit short. What was the issue, was it his break or summat?

On 6/28/2020 at 11:02 PM, warcy said:

There are two walls.

One wall is shared between our two houses that means half belongs to me.

The other wall entirely belongs to me. Ours are corner houses. They climbed this wall because they extended the back of their house fully to build a kitchen.

That leaves no space for the workers to go to the back of their house to fix the back of their roof. They must enter my house to fix the back of their house.

If it was me I would undertake some further renovations and extended the second wall, that is in your property, so that it is higher than your neighbors roof. That way they cannot open their new window, or if they can they are looking at a brick wall, and also any rain from their roof will just flow down the wall into their property.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/29/2020 at 8:22 PM, holy cow cm said:

Thai rules. If you complain before finished you are ok. After finished are F-d. 

They probably think the wall is completely theirs since have 2 walls. Basically they are not allowed to use a wall as a building. They are also definitely not allowed to put windows in one either. Your wife may be able to get some authority to have them tear it down. It plainly is wrong and there are laws regarding this as well. I would be fuming. They never would have gotten that far. 

Posted (edited)
On 6/29/2020 at 8:38 PM, worgeordie said:

They cannot build an extension right up to your wall,they must leave a space .

regards worgeordie

They think the tiny space is the dividing wall which they own half of it. Some Thai are so greedy for space. They even park one of their big cars at the side of their house which blocks incoming traffic. They already have one or two cars inside their garage.

Are there any authorities that I can complain to that will take action?

I have complained to the developer and village management but they are not taking any action.

Edited by warcy

8 hours ago, warcy said:

I have complained to the developer and village management but they are not taking any action

Do you own the house?  If not your complaint would be ignored, the owner would have to register the complaint.

Posted (edited)

Is this a frequent occurrence?  One might be thankful the neighbor Is careful about maintaining their property.  One might consider this a better result than living next to a rundown house.  If no damage is done one should chill.  One might offer them a cold drink the next time they appear.  That would be more in line with “Thainess.”

Edited by Tracyb
  • Like 1

Move

Another reason not to buy property in rental paradise. 

My Thai neighbours seem to be terrified of me, at least when they have work done they never ask if their people can come over my side and do a decent job, which I'd be very happy to allow them to do. Instead they hang in the air at all sorts of angles, or stick their heads up through the roof like a whack-a-mole, and inevitably end up doing a rubbish job. Why won't these idiots just ask me, I don't bite? Well, not often, anyway, and I've had all my shots....lol

I can't believe what i'm reading ..... neighbor's workers climbed over or one a fence to fix a leaking trough or drain pipe.

geeeeze ...... I gotta say is that your biggest worry.  lol ........  some folks just ask for trouble here.

• Like 2

Use the broken bottle method of deterrent or string some barbed wire up.

Although if nothing is broken besides your ego, then let it go.

Do you really want to start a war with your neighbour

12 hours ago, warcy said:

They think the tiny space is the dividing wall which they own half of it. Some Thai are so greedy for space. They even park one of their big cars at the side of their house which blocks incoming traffic. They already have one or two cars inside their garage.

Are there any authorities that I can complain to that will take action?

I have complained to the developer and village management but they are not taking any action.

Go ask for direction at the Government offices.

I mentioned to you that they probably thought the wall was theirs and the barrier the medium. You still need to go complain. You will need pictures and a document showing property lines. Let your wife do the talking and stay calm.