Police arrest two foreigners for alleged illegal entry into country

webfact

Police arrest two foreigners for alleged illegal entry into country

By The Nation

800_a8c3e5d70e09e1d.png?v=1593328812

Two foreigners have been arrested in Bangkok for allegedly entering the Kingdom illegally in defiance of the travel ban imposed by the Thai government to combat the Covid-19 pandemic.

A Chinese man named Cai was found in Khlong San district and sent to Somdet Chao Phraya Police Station while a Vietnamese woman, Nguyen, was arrested in Phra Khanong district.

The arrests highlighted the concerns of National Police chief Pol General Chakthip Chaijinda, who is concerned about the second wave of Covid-19 infections.

Police have asked anybody with information on people who have illegally entered Thailand to contact via 1178 hotline or the Immigration Bureau.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30390443

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-29

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It’s interesting to note . When covid started , all countries were closing down while Thailand remained open . Now that all countries start to open up, Thailand goes into opposite direction .

i wonder if it’s a case of Thainess or stupidity?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

maybe you should actually look at the actual facts instead of just spouting the usual right-wing nonsense 

Probably just comparing it to the EU/Schengen open border policy. Or where human rights laws are used to prevent the deportation of undesirables.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, sungod said:

And doesn't stick them in bed and breakfasts, gives them jobs and goes through a 5 year process trying to deport them back to the 'really dangerous' country they just legged it from, so dangerous in fact they left their wives and children behind.

Yes, you have a great point.

Sometimes the Thais get it right , Boris come look and see, mate

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, OZinPattaya said:

Imagine that. A country that arrests illegal immigrants, Covid or no Covid, and seems to be completely unapologetic about it. Hmm, maybe the West could learn something here.

It's just image for news ,The  illegals who aren't caught don't make news!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BestB said:

It’s interesting to note . When covid started , all countries were closing down while Thailand remained open . Now that all countries start to open up, Thailand goes into opposite direction .

They do seem to have lower numbers of covid-19 though, perhaps they are on to something

5 hours ago, sungod said:

And doesn't stick them in bed and breakfasts, gives them jobs and goes through a 5 year process trying to deport them back to the 'really dangerous' country they just legged it from, so dangerous in fact they left their wives and children behind.

Yes, you have a great point.

You do know asylum seekers can't get jobs, right? They are not illegal, or as with most people who spout this kind of gibberish you get confused very easily. Most live in detention centers, not B&B, and I bet you haven't the first clue how hard it is to get status, but guys like you never do bother to actually read about it, other than the throw away headlines from the Sun and Mail.

Also, guarantee, you will bleat about helping our own and then moan about how the homeless should pull themselves up by their boot straps, or some other meaningless platitude 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, PremiumLane said:

You do know asylum seekers can't get jobs, right? They are not illegal, or as with most people who spout this kind of gibberish you get confused very easily. Most live in detention centers, not B&B, and I bet you haven't the first clue how hard it is to get status, but guys like you never do bother to actually read about it, other than the throw away headlines from the Sun and Mail.

Also, guarantee, you will bleat about helping our own and then moan about how the homeless should pull themselves up by their boot straps, or some other meaningless platitude 

nonsense.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BestB said:

What's the difference?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BestB said:

Well, Thailand isn't closing down, it's opening alright, but at a glacial pace.

3 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

wow! 2 persons actually wanting to get INTO Thailand - I thought many want to get OUT!!!

Haven't seen much evidence of that. Thais love their country and there have been several groups of desperate Cambodian illegals caught in Thailand recently. Therefore, it seems that desperately poor foreigners from neighboring countries are still wanting to enter the country despite the covid crisis hitting Thailand hard.

I thought Hun Sen was ensuring every Cambodian had a job? Oh wait, only Chinese...

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, BestB said:

Both?:cheesy:

• Like 1