Two hospitals ready to trial traditional Thai medicine in treating Covid-19

webfact

3 hours ago, lujanit said:

But there have been nobody infected with covid for weeks, or so we are told.  Where will the infected come from?

I am not a big fan of The Nation but did you even read the article? Therein lies the answer to your q.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Back in Feb Thai health experts were saying this was fake news..........

An article published by a Thai media site claims that a herb cultivated in southeast Asia, andrographis paniculata or “green chiretta”, can prevent and relieve symptoms of the novel coronavirus. The claim is misleading; Thai health experts said there is no scientific evidence that the herb can boost immunity or relieve the symptoms of the novel coronavirus. 

https://factcheck.afp.com/thai-health-experts-say-there-no-evidence-green-chiretta-herb-can-prevent-novel-coronavirus

Guess they've changed their minds.

• Like 2

Give Thai traditional medicine a chance. 

This will be great news if this unnatural virus can be healed thru natural Thai herbs.

All pharmaceuticals have unpleasant side affects and only address symptoms.

Masks decrease Oxygen levels significantly.   "I can't breathe" right here in Thailand!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, lujanit said:

But there have been nobody infected with covid for weeks, or so we are told.  Where will the infected come from?

If you read the article, they will test it on the returned migrant workers in quarantine that test Covid-19 positive...

The Department, therefore, requested the committee permission to change the hospital conducting human research to Samut Prakan Hospital and Bang Lamung Hospital since they are the main state quarantine centres accepting returnees from abroad.

• Like 1

With no danger of catching COVID in Thailand and a lot of controversey around its danger and whether it exists at all in a virus form. Where do they expect to find the idiots er volenteers to put their life in the hands of a profit based pharmaseutical company? Offer free nose jobs for volunteering and there would be a que a mile long. That is Thailand for you.

• Like 1

Andrographis Paniculata is called Fah-Talai-Jone in Thai and is the local ''goto medicine'' for flu like symptoms. I can't talk for myself, as I've not been ill for many years, but it seems to work on my neighbours. 

14 minutes ago, BoganInParasite said:

Serious question...is there a list of viruses that traditional Thai medicines cure?

Aloe vera gel is effective against the herpes virus.

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Have tbey tried Bloodletting and leeches yet?

2 hours ago, BoganInParasite said:

Serious question...is there a list of viruses that traditional Thai medicines cure?

A lot of medicines are based on plant-animal products , where they found the exact active substance and created the medicine . Saying this won't work , because it's just a plant just isn't the right approach . If there is a chance it might work , test and see . If it does , try find correct dose / try find active compound and what or how it works , so it creates new understanding .

• Thanks 1

On 6/29/2020 at 8:24 AM, Bkk Brian said:

Back in Feb Thai health experts were saying this was fake news..........

An article published by a Thai media site claims that a herb cultivated in southeast Asia, andrographis paniculata or “green chiretta”, can prevent and relieve symptoms of the novel coronavirus. The claim is misleading; Thai health experts said there is no scientific evidence that the herb can boost immunity or relieve the symptoms of the novel coronavirus. 

https://factcheck.afp.com/thai-health-experts-say-there-no-evidence-green-chiretta-herb-can-prevent-novel-coronavirus

Guess they've changed their minds.

No, they are conducting human trials to collect that scientific evidence that is missing.