Two hospitals ready to trial traditional Thai medicine in treating Covid-19

webfact

On 6/29/2020 at 8:00 PM, NightSky said:

Get the workers unions involved?

Good example, In japan 25 years ago homelessness had increased to very large numbers. The PM told a ministry to do something.

Years later nothing had happened because the committee appointed by the minister had not yet decided a word or a phrase to be used to discus/comment on the people concerned/situation concerned. 

It hit the newspapers, then instant action. A new committee was appointed to decide/list the factors to be used to make a decision on a word or a phrase to be used to discus/comment on the people concerned/situation concerned.  

Then it was revealed that nobody from the ministry had spoken to a homeless person, so the minister appointed another committee to decide an appropriate way to approach the homeless to get their input but first to decide a polite word or phrase to be verbalized in the first face to face contact. 

Then it was realized homeless people existed in many cities and towns in Japan, so another committee was formed to decide what location would be appropriate to make a first contact and the first task of the new committee was to decide and list the factors which should be used to decide a city for the first interaction.

Yep, back to an earlier again step to decide a word....

Yes minister comes to mind.

Edited by scorecard
  • Haha 1

On 6/29/2020 at 5:35 AM, RichardColeman said:

I get the feeling with say a 1-2% death rate in the world (allowing for those not tested), Thailand will deem it a great success claiming survival rates of 98/99% when used !

Based on reported cases, the death rate is nearer 5%

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

On 6/29/2020 at 7:44 AM, Srikcir said:

Odd no mention of a control group in the trial, ie., group receives a placebo. Looks like the trial is designed for a particular result.

I was thinking the same. Perhaps they are planning to give it to all the returnees. After 14 days when they have all recovered (naturaly) they'll be hailing it as the miracle drug ????

Edited by Chelseafan

We have it growing in the garden,it is also called 'king of bitter' and it sure is bitter.

It will not cure covid of course but it is used to bring a fever down and it does work for that.

You can buy it in capsules ,if you try to eat it fresh youre in for a bitter surprise.

On 6/29/2020 at 2:11 AM, herfiehandbag said:

My daughter went down with a bad dose of flu (?) in early February. This stuff was amongst the medicines the hospital gave her. She was poorly for a week, and of course I caught it from her. They gave me the same stuff. It certainly alleviates many of the symptoms that are common to flu and the dreaded lurgy. Quite what it does to the virus, well this trial presumably will tell, but isn't it the symptoms which kill you?

It seemed to work with us, certainly preferable to ingesting bleach and inserting UV lights in a variety of orifices!

The doctor seemed to think it was excellent stuff. I now keep some in my medicine drawer.

I take this in capsule form, it is very good for respiratory based illnesses 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canuckamuck said:

That is discounting all the false positives, which I heard could be as many as 50%. And also the fact that most people that got covid had no idea they had it and were not included as survivors.

Yes, the clue was in the word "reported" ????

I agree that some (not most) people have had Covid and not been counted, myself for one.

Also I believe that not all countries are reporting deaths accurately.

Edited by Chelseafan
  • Like 1