Poll – Most people see no one suitable to be Thailand’s Prime Minister

webfact

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Most respondents to a recent poll say that they don’t see anyone qualified to be their first choice as Thailand’s next Prime Minister, but some chose General Prayut Chan-o-cha as their preferred choice, citing his honesty, his several years of experience in national governance and his straightforwardness.

I can guess who they might be... elite followers.

Unfortunately the one person who may of had a good chance this time around had his party dissolved by the PM

I don't see the problem here - just look at what a great job the military has been doing (aside from creating Thailand’s largest virus cluster, having a mass shooting in Korat, jailing the whistleblowers, supporting farmers to the huge benefits of CP, whilst asking CP to give a little help in return for gaining their most massive profits in history, destroying historical monuments, overthrowing elected governments, murdering civilians, etc.).

We all know Thai's just can't wait to get their children back in school to resume square bashing and prepare themselves to clean the toilets of the military elite when they're conscripted.

Edited by ben2talk
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, whitfield said:

I teach sailing to many Thais, including some very Hi Sos and even people working for the government and i haven't yet met one who didn't vote for Thanatorn.  This poll must have been conducted in an army barracks.

Maybe Hi SOs want to stay Hi So is the reason they supported shinawatra. Same as the GOP supports trump. The USA GOP is not supporting the people the same as shin with his game of giveaways for the poor as he and he clan where lining their pockets. 

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

Reading the OP gave me a good laugh....... Some people cited Prayuts honesty?

Those people surely live on mars, not here.

I  think  youll  find  its  not Mars  but the 7th planet.

• Haha 1

I don't really know and, as an expat, my survival could depend on being A-political. But as a long time casual observer of Thai Politics, it seems whenever they get someone good they (the ruling elite and generals) do their best to ban his party and run him out of the country. Could someone explain that one to me please?....Insecurity perhaps....maybe fear? 

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

Some people cited Prayuts honesty?

Those people surely live on mars, not here.

Could you please point out Prayut's dishonesty. I get a little confused when I see Thailand standing head and shoulders above most of the world re the battle against corvid 19. And, while maybe not enough, at least a yeoman's effort so far to infuse the poor with a 5000bt stimulation. Would the rice lady have done better? We'll never know. But, I hardly see Prayut trying to get anything out of all of this -- I really  think his heart is in the right place with his governing. But, show me a brand new Mercedes in his garage and I can be dissuaded.....

Edited by JimGant
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

The headlines are all wrong and the polls asked the wrong questions. Those suitable to be a good, honest democratic leader are not permitted to run lest they real havoc on the new norm. Even if someone wins an election other than P. P made plans to stay in the background whispering in their ears guiding them to do things the way he wants. 

There is no hope unless all laws are changed back without any influence either inside or outside the circle that runs the country now. 

In the meantime we all sit and accept the way things are and make no complaints. 

Not being citizens takes away any voice we have or makes us a nuisance to the current gov. The Thai need to sort their own problems out when it comes to their government and we can only hope that it doesn't affect us foreigners too much so we can enjoy our lives here. 

• Confused 1

Sometimes politicians have their popularity increase once in power, however it seems the vast majority have their nepotism, corruption or incompetence lead to a decrease in popularity.

Sadly a politicians job is not to lead but to implement the plans of his financial sponsors. Which is why any democracy where spending more means winning is a sham. History's same ruling class still calls the shots, they just now do it from behind the scenes.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

After they were polled some respondents returned to their offices to sign military papers while the rest went back to the parade ground, or cleaning the tanks and armoured vehicles, and doing errands and cleaning for the Generals, and their Wives.

I saw some military lads cleaning a general's car once, gave then a tin of "Duraglit" best polish in the world!

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, webfact said:

but some chose General Prayut Chan-o-cha as their preferred choice, citing his honesty, his several years of experience in national governance

Really - experience in national governance? So experience in running it badly counts as a positive now does it? You can bet that 'some' wear uniforms.

Edited by KhaoYai

Of course nobody is in the front running, the government suppresses political opposition under article 44 so nobody can challenge and effectively display alternative governance. If the current ruling party have to approve any party political activities of course they are going to ban anything that can challenge their leadership,, Psuedo democracy at best.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Shocked farang said:
23 hours ago, tomauasia said:

THAKSIN was the best and it's fact

Thaksin was a corrupt populist....People who have a talent for screwing a democracy...

And the current government isn't?

I must have missed something.