Trump retweets, then deletes, video of supporter shouting 'white power'

webfact

6 hours ago, riclag said:

He's probably got more black friends then you or I have 1000 times over!

I don't see them jumpin ship!

Really? I don't "see" them at all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saint Nick said:

Wheras one is a symbol of a fight for freedom and equal human rights, the other is a symbol of opression!

I'll let you figure out, which one is which and why this actually makes all the difference in the world!

But of course you know that already and...wait...why does it smell like bridgetroll in here???

I wouldn’t usually reply to such a simplistic point of view but I believe

ALL opinions, lives and freedoms of speech matter even yours.

I believe in equal opportunities for all regardless of colour, religion etc.

You need to accept and realise that if someone’s opinion differs from yours, they aren’t necessarily a troll or racist.

Edited by twocatsmac

11 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Trump loves to stir the pot, but this is not a good time to stir the pot unless you want it to boil over. The UK and the USA are quite similar at present, the pot is close to boiling over.

There is little similarity between the US and UK. Be real.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Saint Nick said:

Here we go again, with the "all lives matter" BS!

Yes, what BS. Anyone knows that only lives of colors approved by the Party matter. Same as only political ideologies approved by the Party matter.

Once the Party establishes its totalitarian one party dictatorship, no lives will matter; only the state. Apart from those that are "more equal" of course. They'll always matter.

George Orwell must be spinning.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Yes, what BS. Anyone knows that only lives of colors approved by the Party matter. Same as only political ideologies approved by the Party matter.

Once the Party establishes its totalitarian one party dictatorship, no lives will matter; only the state. Apart from those that are "more equal" of course. They'll always matter.

George Orwell must be spinning.

fairly good outline of a future dreamt by trump as king,

• Like 1

13 hours ago, nev said:

He is being attacked from many angles they are going to make him look like the devil and will do anything to stop him winning again.

When one side owns a runs the media don't believe everything that is put out there.

By the way I have no affiliation to either side I am just a passive observer. 

a lot of the stuff 'put out there' is not via the 'media' but self generated social media. when you're in a hole it's best to stop digging.

i'm neutral on this too, if americans want this guy to lead them for another four years up to them, i mean it was fairly clear what they would get the first time round and they were happy to vote for him. baffled me but i'm not american so i guess i just dont understand. ????

2 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

What's the big deal?

Watch Videos – And Still I Rise

Your comparison with the White Power being discussed by the golf cart guy has a similar free speech right

Back than that slogan was considered by some as a radical movement for the black activist community, that were being oppressed by the system in the USA.

Edited by Yankeesvsredsox

30 minutes ago, Yankeesvsredsox said:

Your comparison with the White Power being discussed by the golf cart guy has a similar free speech right

Back than that slogan was considered by some as a radical movement for the black activist community, that were being oppressed by the system in the USA.

Specifically, what "White power being discussed by the golf cart guy" are you talking about?

5 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

Or he didn't the audio of it. Or he heard the audio, but didn't hear the alleged "white power" talk. So no, your "any explanation is bad for Trump" proclamation is obviously false.

Let's try a quick integrity test. Do you ever watch short video clips of stuff on social media but don't listen to the sound? Yes or no?

I am not the POTUS. I don't  bear the same responsibilities and don't represent a highly respectable institution. 

Now if you think a POTUS can behave like Joe the guy next door, it's your right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, candide said:

I am not the POTUS. I don't  bear the same responsibilities and don't represent a highly respectable institution. 

Now if you think a POTUS can behave like Joe the guy next door, it's your right.

I'm sorry, is that a yes or a no? And moreover, how does your reply mean the additional two possibilities I posted of are null and void?

1 hour ago, candide said:

It's not about me, so 'yes or no' doesn't matter. I'm just Joe the guy next door. ????

I thought I was clear enough. As a POTUS, he must carefully check what he re-tweets. Not same same Joe the guy next door.

Obviously, that's a yes. And why should Trump check blah blah blah any more than any other person? Because you say he should? Nah... I say he has the same freedom of speech as any other person and can tweet or speak as he sees fit. Now tell me again how horrible it is to talk about white power.

image.png.a2cb79951edfb385cbddf370b8c202e6.png

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

Obviously, that's a yes. And why should Trump check blah blah blah any more than any other person? Because you say he should? Nah... I say he has the same freedom of speech as any other person and can tweet or speak as he sees fit. Now tell me again how horrible it is to talk about white power.

image.png.a2cb79951edfb385cbddf370b8c202e6.png

As I wrote before, if you think a POTUS can behave like Joe the guy next door, it's your right

• Like 2

Just now, candide said:

As I wrote before, if you think a POTUS can behave like Joe the guy next door, it's your right

Presidents can and do behave like the Joe next door in many respects. Now if only you can tell me why promoting "white power" is bad and promoting "black power" is OK. Either you are for equality or you are not.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1