Trump denies being told about Russian bounties to kill U.S. troops in Afghanistan

webfact

Boy is this confusing.  

On the one hand the left wants to sell the meme that Trump is a Russian stooge.  Well if so - why would Russia offer bounties to kill US soldiers making Trump look bad?  What's the gain here for Russia or Trump?  Is he their enemy or stooge?  Can't have it both ways.

On the other hand the taliban has always been in the business of killing any western troops regardless of who is president.  So why would Russia need to offer bounties?  Like they would change their intent?  Suddenly that easy target of Americans is hit because NOW they get some cash from Russia?  

Then the question many have of why didn't Trump hear or respond to the briefing about Russian offered bounties.  Well, if there WAS no offered bounties and therefore no corresponding briefing to the never happened event he wouldn't have missed much.  And it seems that the US government denies such an event.  The Russians deny such an event.  Heck I haven't even heard corroboration from the Taliban not that I'd put much stock in anything they said.  

I have no love for Trump.  Or Obama.  Or Clinton.  Or Bush.  But jeez at least use some rational logical thinking on these conspiracies.  This one makes no sense at all.  Applying occams razor it seems more likely that this is yet another false story to fill the news cycle.  Our media sucks.  If they have no corroboration that this actually happened it should never have been released.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 6/29/2020 at 10:11 AM, johnmcc6 said:

you can't rely on anything from the new york slimes.

“This president does read and he also consumes intelligence verbally. This president and I’ll tell you, is the most informed person on planet Earth when it comes to the threats that we face. You have Ambassador O’Brien who sees him in person twice a day, who sometimes takes upwards of half a dozen calls with this president. He’s constantly being informed and briefed on intelligence matters, but I’m not going to allow The New York Times to dictate when we give and when we don’t give top secret information.”

https://www.politicususa.com/2020/06/30/trump-most-informed-earth.html

Republicans are abandoning Donald's American Dream in droves!

Poll: Republican satisfaction with state of the country drops to record-low 19%

Until June 30, Republican satisfaction with the state of the country had stayed above 50% for nearly all of Trump’s presidency, according to Pew. The latest survey shows 19% of Republicans and those who lean Republican are satisfied with the direction of the country, compared to 7% of Democrats and those who lean Democrat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

trump is a busy guy, he doesn't have time to read a one-pager (per issue) PDB.

Monday, two days ago, was a rough one with a single activity: Lunch with the VP.

Back in Feb - when the bounties were first raised in his PDB- trump was super busy meeting with Diamond and Silk, and the same day had a 45-minute meeting with producers behind a dramatized play about ex-FBI members Peter Strzok and Lisa Page

Here he is getting a "readout" from flotus this week.

MbUiDlZZ.jpg

4 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

He was briefed 3 times since 2019 demonstrating the quality of the intelligence report to be included in the briefs. He didn’t act on it; that’s the travesty. 
https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/06/30/trump-reportedly-briefed-on-alleged-russian-bounties-at-least-three-times-since-march-2019/#7dae0c6d46af

As it seem, each day brought new intelligence information like the money transferred wired to key Taliban leaders by Russia. Intelligence even had their names. Soldiers have been reporting of large cache of money found in Taliban hideouts. The intelligence is credible by many sources and yet Trump act indifferent and intend to invite Putin to US G7 meeting. 

oh man, he did (does) pay attention to any/all reports received, he's so worried about the orange tan that he forgets the basics

On 6/30/2020 at 12:25 PM, Mavideol said:

typical reaction from any head of government, complete denial of any wrong doing..... he denies being informed, Putin denies being involved, did anybody expected anything else from them??? I didn't

I expect a better class of denials. He's doing it wrong. The usual play is getting old. Shouting fake news, blaming the democrats and immediately making strong claims stuff didn't happen. It's a routine, and IMO, lived out it's effectiveness by now. Might work for some - mostly his base and Putin fans.

Best people? The best people would have known that flat out denying this could be countered. The best people would have advised for initiating an investigation which could have seen this delayed post elections. Them best people would know to avoid moves highlighting partisanship on this one, as it detracts from the President's position and plays into rival's hands. These best people should have made it clear to him this was potentially a big deal.

Putin, now....there's a man who can deny with style. Short comments, no drama, let it sink in the infinite sea of information and news. A bit later, if he feels like it, he might repeat the denial with a shade of a smile.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, jimmybcool said:

Boy is this confusing.  

On the one hand the left wants to sell the meme that Trump is a Russian stooge.  Well if so - why would Russia offer bounties to kill US soldiers making Trump look bad?  What's the gain here for Russia or Trump?  Is he their enemy or stooge?  Can't have it both ways.

On the other hand the taliban has always been in the business of killing any western troops regardless of who is president.  So why would Russia need to offer bounties?  Like they would change their intent?  Suddenly that easy target of Americans is hit because NOW they get some cash from Russia?  

Then the question many have of why didn't Trump hear or respond to the briefing about Russian offered bounties.  Well, if there WAS no offered bounties and therefore no corresponding briefing to the never happened event he wouldn't have missed much.  And it seems that the US government denies such an event.  The Russians deny such an event.  Heck I haven't even heard corroboration from the Taliban not that I'd put much stock in anything they said.  

I have no love for Trump.  Or Obama.  Or Clinton.  Or Bush.  But jeez at least use some rational logical thinking on these conspiracies.  This one makes no sense at all.  Applying occams razor it seems more likely that this is yet another false story to fill the news cycle.  Our media sucks.  If they have no corroboration that this actually happened it should never have been released.  

If entertaining the notion that Trump is a Russian stooge, then his "purpose" isn't necessarily to succeed or fail, but rather to act in a manner weakening the USA. Widening internal divisions, damaging relations with foreign allies, disengaging from international agreements and organizations and so on and so forth. That's without the added value of Trump, as in the person and personality, doing all of the above in his unique style.

As for the Taliban, addressed earlier in topic. Yes, perhaps they do not need incentives. But I don't think that most similar outfits reject such extras either.

The waffle bit about it never happened and that's why Trump is in the clear - yeah, just that this doesn't fit the information released or statements aired. Read the topic, read links provided.

"I have no love for Trump."

:coffee1:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

If entertaining the notion that Trump is a Russian stooge, then his "purpose" isn't necessarily to succeed or fail, but rather to act in a manner weakening the USA. Widening internal divisions, damaging relations with foreign allies, disengaging from international agreements and organizations and so on and so forth. That's without the added value of Trump, as in the person and personality, doing all of the above in his unique style.

As for the Taliban, addressed earlier in topic. Yes, perhaps they do not need incentives. But I don't think that most similar outfits reject such extras either.

The waffle bit about it never happened and that's why Trump is in the clear - yeah, just that this doesn't fit the information released or statements aired. Read the topic, read links provided.

"I have no love for Trump."

:coffee1:

18 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

you missed the beauty of the setup.  in order to get to the bottom of this, we need.................an investigation.

and jinkies!  we'll have to be extra thorough about it!  shucks, it might not be over until......oh. lessee.......mid-november?

There's a setup. Got to be. Because Trump would never. Putin would never. Sure.

And investigations near elections times? The villains. Neither Trump nor the Republicans would stoop to such lows. If one lives in la la land. Or pretends to forget pretty recent events.

Guess the best course of action would be not looking into it? Or perhaps only after the elections? Or maybe just decide it's a hoax and call it a day?

6 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

He was briefed 3 times since 2019 demonstrating the quality of the intelligence report to be included in the briefs. He didn’t act on it; that’s the travesty. 
https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/06/30/trump-reportedly-briefed-on-alleged-russian-bounties-at-least-three-times-since-march-2019/#7dae0c6d46af

As it seem, each day brought new intelligence information like the money transferred wired to key Taliban leaders by Russia. Intelligence even had their names. Soldiers have been reporting of large cache of money found in Taliban hideouts. The intelligence is credible by many sources and yet Trump act indifferent and intend to invite Putin to US G7 meeting. 

sure, you can believe what you want to believe because you want to believe it.  i shall wait for evidence to be produced.  so far just evidence-free claims.

"according to reports from the New York Times and the Associated Press" doesn't qualify as sufficient evidence.  all we have so far are unsubstantiated claims.  your link provides nothing on the names or the amounts of cash wired to the taliban by russia.  that i'd like to see!!!

do you have anything signed off on by real people?  or just gonna rely on "unnamed officials claim"?

3 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

sure, you can believe what you want to believe because you want to believe it.  i shall wait for evidence to be produced.  so far just evidence-free claims.

"according to reports from the New York Times and the Associated Press" doesn't qualify as sufficient evidence.  all we have so far are unsubstantiated claims.  your link provides nothing on the names or the amounts of cash wired to the taliban by russia.  that i'd like to see!!!

do you have anything signed off on by real people?  or just gonna rely on "unnamed officials claim"?

OK I get your point, you want some hard evidence and don’t accept reports in papers/media across the political spectrum, that’s entirely your choice.

But these allegations are extremely serious, you would be well advised to consider what will your response be if they are reliably demonstrated to be true.

At the very least you should consider taking a position that allows for the possibility that the allegations are true.

"according to reports from the New York Times and the Associated Press" doesn't qualify as sufficient evidence. 

It does. It just doesn’t for you. And if you’re expecting that any of those media outlets exposes their sources, potentially putting them at risk, for some nutjobs who live in a video game fantasy world of alternative facts and conspiracy theories, then it’s just not worth it. We can’t entertain every nutjob who believes the moon doesn’t exist until he has personally travelled there. We need to accept that people like them exist and that we cannot help them. 

Edited by welovesundaysatspace
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

OK I get your point, you want some hard evidence and don’t accept reports in papers/media across the political spectrum, that’s entirely your choice.

But these allegations are extremely serious, you would be well advised to consider what will your response be if they are reliably demonstrated to be true.

At the very least you should consider taking a position that allows for the possibility that the allegations are true.

i don't believe i've claimed they are false, only that they have not been proven to be true.

if the reports WERE deemed credible, and trump WAS briefed on this, AND he chose to ignore it, he needs to suffer the fate of all traitors.

good enough?

but so far, we've got one paper with a blockbuster report (minus sources and details and evidence), and a hundred others writing "the report says."

no, it's all "officials claim."  there's no print out of a daily briefing with the info circled.  there are no named officials publicly saying they did brief trump.  even bolton won't say he briefed trump on this, and he denies knowing any details.  i'd expect to see the moskau pee tape before anything of substance appears on this one.

Do not believe: NATO allies, US Intelligence Services, US Military, Congressional Republicans and Democrats, Staff from the White House.

DO believe a compulsive liar with a school girl crush on Putin.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1