90 Day Report Now or After July 31

marvin1950

Required 90 day reporting has been deferred or suspended until after July 31 due to the Covid-19.  However, if you want to report now if your due date has expired, you can do it.

What is the advantage of waiting until after July 31 to do your 90 day report or doing it now if you 90 day period has expired?

You still have to report.

I see all these posts saying you don't have to do it now wait until after July 31.

Why?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Next time Immigration does offer an amnesty over a requirement I imagine you will all reject that one as well! Amazed by this ongoing topic despite being advised not necessary! 

Personally, it will depends what suit me the best,

providing one still can have the opportunity to do as before,

as it this the case for the 90 days report now.

16 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Personally, it will depends what suit me the best,

providing one still can have the opportunity to do as before,

as it this the case for the 90 days report now.

Agree,but why the ongoing new threads when it’s been canvassed for n against for many months now with advice from many respected members.

If one misses the narrow window to report online or mail in, you will have go in person. I would also expect if one doesn't report by amnesty deadline and your reporting deadline expired you will be fined for sure.  Towards the end of July it will be a mad house at immigration.   So yeah, why wait?   

4 hours ago, marvin1950 said:

BUT WHY WAIT?

If you don't want to answer the question Olin, keep your noncontributory comments to yourself.

I'm sorry, no one on thaivisa.com has asked duplicate questions before.

Olin? Noncontributory? Why r u sorry? Forums for all ,not just newbies.

16 minutes ago, RBOP said:

If one misses the narrow window to report online or mail in, you will have go in person. I would also expect if one doesn't report by amnesty deadline and your reporting deadline expired you will be fined for sure.  Towards the end of July it will be a mad house at immigration.   So yeah, why wait?   

You won,t be fined as there is an amnesty ,which will likely now be extended, IMO ,so no report till IO advises of new settings.

2 hours ago, RBOP said:

Just do what UbonJoe says and wait, things will turn out fine.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, marvin1950 said:

Another worthless contribution by Olmate.

Add something constructive not jibberish as a veteran contributor to the forum as you state.

Issue over.

Your issue is not a problem for me!

9 hours ago, marvin1950 said:

Ubonjoe always says wait. Don't know why. He said he had to report in April, but is in no rush.

I see no advantage waiting.

I agree, if its easy to do then do it is my opinion. 

1587708155929.jpg

Hope these two fliers from Immigrations own website assist you folks in understanding what is happening at the moment.  Standby to also see the Amnesty extended, but then TIT so who really knows.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, marvin1950 said:

Ubonjoe always says wait. Don't know why. He said he had to report in April, but is in no rush.

I see no advantage waiting.

The advantage in waiting is that these reports are due 90 days from when you do the report so the earlier you do them the earlier the next one is due. If they continue this lockdown nonsense you may only have to do 1 for the rest of the year. Joe has reported here that he has to drive to the immigration office to do his so he may save a couple trips to a normally unpleasant place. I am with him on waiting.

• Like 2

well, mine is due for July 12th, I did go in last time cause I needed a certificate of residence  to transfer a motorbike to me but not really that interested in driving there if it's not needed until July 31st

I just  tried to do mine online and I am within the 7 days period but keep getting this error message (always the same)

image.png.1797f2824c120d61a9eaf9d4cfa98fcd.png

contacting them about it does absolutely nothing, they just want to process it in 2 minutes and be done with, they don't care about fixing it and I would have to go now to them and get THEM to try it online but I am sure that is useless to even try

but yes, for me.. waiting is better for the following reason:

I have 1 year extensions from November 27th and you would think 3 90 days report would bring me to next extension but far from it.

If I did my report today it would bring my next 90 days report to the 30th of September which means it forces a 4th 90 days report for 1.5 month

wouldn't be bothered by it if online worked but it never did for me

I just did mine online.  Took 10 mins to fill it out.  Approved five days later.  It will never be easier to do than that.  Why would I care if I have to do the next one a few days earlier or later?  Comes to the same thing.

On 6/30/2020 at 10:28 AM, kekalot said:

well, mine is due for July 12th, I did go in last time cause I needed a certificate of residence  to transfer a motorbike to me but not really that interested in driving there if it's not needed until July 31st

I just  tried to do mine online and I am within the 7 days period but keep getting this error message (always the same)

image.png.1797f2824c120d61a9eaf9d4cfa98fcd.png

contacting them about it does absolutely nothing, they just want to process it in 2 minutes and be done with, they don't care about fixing it and I would have to go now to them and get THEM to try it online but I am sure that is useless to even try

but yes, for me.. waiting is better for the following reason:

I have 1 year extensions from November 27th and you would think 3 90 days report would bring me to next extension but far from it.

If I did my report today it would bring my next 90 days report to the 30th of September which means it forces a 4th 90 days report for 1.5 month

wouldn't be bothered by it if online worked but it never did for me

I'm assuming that you were unable to do online reporting simply because it has been disabled during the amnesty period.  My own report was due about one week AFTER amnesty started.  I was unaware of the amnesty and I tried to renew my 90 day report online (in the specified 7-15 days prior to expiration) and got that same message as you did.  The error message you get if you are outside of the 7-15 day period is different.

At least I hope that is the case because IF reporting is required on July 31, doing it online (7-15 days prior to that date is what I would want to do, rather than having to do it in person with what is sure to be a HUGE crowd.

In other words, I'm hoping that online reporting will not be disabled for the July 31 date (assuming amnesty is not extended) because all of our present reports have technically expired (even though amnesty is the reason).  Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Edited by WaveHunter