90 Day Report Now or After July 31

marvin1950

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

I'm assuming that you were unable to do online reporting simply because it has been disabled during the amnesty period.  My own report was due about one week AFTER amnesty started.  I was unaware of the amnesty and I tried to renew my 90 day report online (in the specified 7-15 days prior to expiration) and got that same message as you did.  The error message you get if you are outside of the 7-15 day period is different.

Lots of people reporting successfully doing it online during the amnesty period, and the window for doing it changed a while back to 15 days before until the due date.

3 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

I'm assuming that you were unable to do online reporting simply because it has been disabled during the amnesty period.  My own report was due about one week AFTER amnesty started.  I was unaware of the amnesty and I tried to renew my 90 day report online (in the specified 7-15 days prior to expiration) and got that same message as you did.  The error message you get if you are outside of the 7-15 day period is different.

At least I hope that is the case because IF reporting is required on July 31, doing it online (7-15 days prior to that date is what I would want to do, rather than having to do it in person with what is sure to be a HUGE crowd.

In other words, I'm hoping that online reporting will not be disabled for the July 31 date (assuming amnesty is not extended) because all of our present reports have technically expired (even though amnesty is the reason).  Anybody have any thoughts on this?

nah it never worked on all the browsers I tried, the app never worked (same error) and my information is quite straightforward to enter.

asking them at the desk doesn't make sense because #1 they shrug and just want to process it and #2 it's past the window you can use it usually when I go (to not change the dates earlier)

to get them to try, I would have to go between 15 and 7 days before my 90 days is needed with a Thai person and that would leave #1, + I am sure they don't even know how to "fix" it even if they confirm it doesn't work by trying

can't be bothered to be honest, it's usually quick but still a 20 minutes drive and a few minutes in office. wish internet reporting worked but for me it doesn't

Also, I was at Chaengwattana immigration this past Friday and the 90 Day Reporting room was full and spilling with standing room only. I guess people realizing amnesty might be ending. 

After July 31, then what?

Everybody has to report Monday, August 3?

If you had to report say May 16, under the immigration amnesty you are covered until July 31

Your next scheduled reporting would be August 15.

If you had to report say April 24, under the immigration amnesty you are covered until July 31.

Your next scheduled reporting would have been July 23.  You are still covered under the immigration amnesty.

Then the subsequent reporting date would be October 22.

That is how I see the 90 day reporting cycle to be played out after July 31.

• Like 1

I normally do my 90 day reporting by post and my last one was sent just prior to the amnesty period was announced and therefore I received no confirmation slip back. I would like to carry on using the postal method, mainly because it takes me forever the get to Bangkok immigration from where I live, but I am wondering if it will be accepted if I do not send in the slip along with all the other paperwork. Anyone any thoughts or possibly even used the postal system recently and knows what is what?

I did my 90-day report on Monday (13th) at the temporary immigration office in Muang Thong Thani because I assume when amnesty ends immigration will be swamped. Nobody there, in and out in about 5 minutes. Problem is the office is difficult to find and there are no directions or signs on the main roads pointing the way. (It is not at the Impact Center as some people seem to think.) The taxi driver had to ask 3 or 4 people for directions before we could find it. If you're into public transportation you can get a van from Victory Monument or Mo Chit to MTT, but that will only take you to the shopping mall or Impact and you will still need to get a taxi or moto to immigration as it's too far to walk. 

On 7/12/2020 at 6:24 PM, narisarasgroove said:

I normally do my 90 day reporting by post and my last one was sent just prior to the amnesty period was announced and therefore I received no confirmation slip back. I would like to carry on using the postal method, mainly because it takes me forever the get to Bangkok immigration from where I live, but I am wondering if it will be accepted if I do not send in the slip along with all the other paperwork. Anyone any thoughts or possibly even used the postal system recently and knows what is what?

I wonder why you didn't receive confirmation.

My 90 day was due (at Chanegwattana) June 19, 2020.  Although I was not required to report, I mailed it in early June and received the confirmation a week later. A bit faster than usual.  So I assume they have been working all along

1 hour ago, rabas said:

I wonder why you didn't receive confirmation.

My 90 day was due (at Chanegwattana) June 19, 2020.  Although I was not required to report, I mailed it in early June and received the confirmation a week later. A bit faster than usual.  So I assume they have been working all along

In the 6 years I have been doing it by post I have had one time before when I did not receive anything back, most likely the postal system, and had to go to immigration with my proof of posting. It is possible that is what happened again as it was at the height of all the confusion and the postal system wasn't exactly sorted out. Whatever the reason it looks like a visit is on the cards. Thanks for your input Rabas.