Pattaya: No singing and dancing? Bar hoppers set to stay home rather than risk a night out

webfact

On 6/29/2020 at 11:35 AM, scandream said:

Absolutely incomprehensible what a ban on singing and music, loud or quiet, has to do with covid-19.

Singing is banned worldwide,think about it a bit! it's why we are obliged to wear masks.

I'm used to swigging a few cold ones on my patio in the late afternoon now, my mates are stuck in the UK and Canada and I'm not really missing the bars. In any case, after recent events in LA, Florida and Texas, I think it's wisest to stay at home for a few weeks and see if the bar reopening causes any new problems with the wretched virus. I may be old and boring, but at least I'm alive and hoping to stay that way for a few years yet, lol.

• Like 1

Beauty eh !
First night the bars are supposed to open and what happens ?

It starts *issing down rain !

(In before someone claims the gov't deliberately seeded the clouds so the it would start raining right before the bars were supposed to open as a part of a sinister plot targeting foreigners in the country. And to wipe out Walking Street of course, which is the ultimate goal.)

So as I understand these 22 rules, the Go-Go girls can stand on stage and squat as long as they keep their mask on. Is that correct? Asking for a friend.

Do any of this 22 rules apply to the short-time rooms above the bar? Asking for the same friend. 

On 6/30/2020 at 9:51 AM, mikebell said:

Last year I watched two smart young men collect a (brown) envelope from my favourite quiet bar.  I asked what the money was for.  'A music licence' my companion told me.  'But you haven't any speakers or players.  That's why I come here.'

She shrugged knowingly.

I'm sure the bar had "players" - just no music.  ????

The next one will be a pool table license.  Just a matter of time.  Same as the non-existent darts license.  ???? 

Edited by Leaver