BANGKOK
webfact

Alleged cop killer: Red Bull heir has seven years until his case runs out

3 hours ago, webfact said:

A senior public prosecutor in the case of alleged cop killer Vorayuth Yoovidhya said they have seven years until the case runs out.

Yeah, but no hurry then. As you were guys

6 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

500 people a day get run over / killed on Thai roads and there must be many people who leave the scene of the accident and dont face prosecution , I just wondered why people focus on this particular case

because he's a spoiled brat..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spiekerjozef said:

While Julian Assange sits in prison for telling the truth....

He was poking his nose in other peoples business 

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

Don't think so. He would be seen at one point or the other and Thai cannot keep their mouths closed. 

For the right amount of dosh, they certainly can! 

With his wealth why would he want to come back or even live in Thailand the worlds his oyster I’m sure that the deceased policeman’s family have been well taken care of financially 

14 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

500 people a day get run over / killed on Thai roads and there must be many people who leave the scene of the accident and dont face prosecution , I just wondered why people focus on this particular case

500 people get run over or killed, but none of those people we know. 

We all know Red Bull, we all have heard of the family who owns it and how rich they are, and we now all know of "Boss" and what he did.

If you garner the same amount of media attention for any other case here in Thailand, i bet the same number of people would focus on that case also. Especially if that Somchai was getting away with bribing himself out of trouble, and if it showed the corruption of the police force all the way to the absolute top that obviously.

3 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Nearly 8 years and still nothing. If only Thailand had someone like Batman. Sorry, I've been watching too many movies. If only they had some strong and commanding figure. An army type maybe. Someone who could come in, have complete power and who would vow to end corruption and reform the police. A man who could return happiness to the people. 

Oh, well. Until someone like that comes along, the corruption and injustice will continue to get worse and unabated, I guess. 

They have an intelligent BMW ................LOL

I do not see him facing jail time. 

We all know how it works here, and him coming from a wealthy background, I say all higher ups can be bought.

That is part of the criteria to be promoted. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Nearly 8 years and still nothing. If only Thailand had someone like Batman. Sorry, I've been watching too many movies. If only they had some strong and commanding figure. An army type maybe. Someone who could come in, have complete power and who would vow to end corruption and reform the police. A man who could return happiness to the people. 

Oh, well. Until someone like that comes along, the corruption and injustice will continue to get worse and unabated, I guess. 

Here was I thinking that's what was the intention and promise of the current lot of pretenders - but then I remembered where is was. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Prayut said that the case falls into the categories needed to extradite a fugitive. 

But the prosecutor's office will only act if they are instructed to do so by the Royal Thai Police. 

Prayut is scared of Chakthip. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Here was I thinking that's what was the intention and promise of the current lot of pretenders - but then I remembered where is was. 

The 'Statute of limitation' should be removed in cases like this one where the defendant has never shown up in court.

8 minutes ago, cheshiremusicman said:

The 'Statute of limitation' should be removed in cases like this one where the defendant has never shown up in court.

wouldn't make any difference. 

42 minutes ago, Paiman said:

I do not see him facing jail time. 

We all know how it works here, and him coming from a wealthy background, I say all higher ups can be bought.

That is part of the criteria to be promoted. 

not too many higher-ups in this case, nothing has happened or will happen as they are the higher-ups. 

• Thanks 1