Alleged cop killer: Red Bull heir has seven years until his case runs out

webfact

2 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Why do TVF posters take such an interest in this case and him (Boss) ?

Why do TVF posters desperately want him jailed ?

Because it without doubt proves that if you have money in Thailand justice doesn't count!!!!!

Meanwhile Boss fled abroad and despite being on an Interpol most wanted list he has never been brought to justice. 

In french language advertising "Red Bull donne des ailes". Red Bull gives fly wings. So he disappeared.

6 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

She cannot be extradited from the UK because she has been charged with "negligence" I believe. Under UK law a politician cannot be charge for this so it is not common law, only common law can be used in extradition. However back on topic, this red bull scumbag is guilty of killing a policeman whilst being <deleted> behind the wheel, if it is manslaughter for example that is common law and he would face extradition. 

Actually it was "Dereliction of Duty" (according to Wiki) and she was sentenced to 5 years in prison. Rumoured to somehow have a UK passport though in addition to having been granted citizenship by Serbia of all places. (Another report claims that she doesn't have a UK passport, meaning she's been living there with no passport since she arrived. Try doing that in Thailand without ending up in jail and being deported.)

Not sure if the UK considers "dereliction" to be "negligence" but obviously they don't feel any pressure to get rid of her. 

Note: One article says she was convicted of "Dereliction of Duty" while another article says it was "Criminal Negligence". Could be different interpretations/translations I suppose.

Apparently there's a difference (big one) between minor celebrities and rich kids compared to super rich former politicians. 

You'd think, if someone can kill 9 people and not serve a day in jail, then a couple of corrupt politicians would be given the red carpet and official apologies for merely enriching themselves and their family at public expense !

(Actually, Thaksin did try to buy his way out when he had his lawyer deliver a 2 million baht bribe in a lunch pail to the judge in his trial. When the judge rejected the bribe and threw the lawyer in jail - for 2 years - Thaksin realized he wasn't going to be able to buy his way out. That's when he decided to flee the country.)

• Like 1

Two more ways to the prosecution of "Boss":

1. Why wasn't he arrested when he returned to Thailand for several days passing through Thai immigration control after arriving and departing via a private aircraft? As I remember, Immigration said it wasn't their responsibility to notify the Police so that allegedly the police only learned of his arrival after he then fled to Singapore.

2. As I recall the "past/current" Prayut government has several times with other alleged criminals who fled the country to avoid prosecution asserted the right to try them in absentia in order to prevent statue of limitations from expiring before their prosecution.

Why isn't that done with Boss?

• Like 1

The police are very smart with this case. They continue to milk the family for money every time it comes up in the news. If they actually found and caught him, that gravy train would be over. Now they can continue to turn up the heat once a year or so and get their payments to let it die down. This guy is an annuity for the police.

Maybe with two years left before the deadline, they will "find" him and bring him back. This way the lawyers and judges can take their turns milking the family. And then to no one's surprise, the charges will have some flaws and he will finally get off. But every part of the Thai justice system will have been "taken care of" during the process.

In some bizarre way, the police are getting their revenge on this guy. It's just sad the dead officer's family probably isn't benefitting as well.

5 hours ago, Wiggy said:

Plenty of time for a few more brown envelopes to change hands then. Good for them.

That is the ONLY reason this story reappears from time to time.

It just serves to rattle the cage and draw a few more brown envelopes to avoid a REAL Red Notice.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bbi1 said:

So, why doesn't the cops instruct them and ask for an extradition order from whichever country he's living in, and put him on Interpol's “Red Notice”, etc.?

I believe one excuse given by Thai police was that an exact location was required for foreign authorities to conduct an arrest and all the Thai police ever had was what city he was spotted, ie., in Spain and the UK. A bit lame really.

4 hours ago, Susco said:

Country who put him on the list can ask to hide it from public view

That kind of defeats the purpose of an Interpol Red Notice, wouldn't you say?

What's the point of issuing one if you keep it secret?

This makes me sick. Can the government not see that this blatant injustice can be seen all over the world. The guy went to every F1 event every fortnight for the last 8 years. Shameful. Shame on the RTP. How can people respect the police when you do this sort of stuff?

1 hour ago, herwin1234 said:

He didnt and most likely wont go to jail, which is unfair and i dont agree with that, but who am i? Seems like everybody involved the police and the victims family and the Red Bull family, have made a deal satisfactory for all parties and obviously decided to let it go. So like it or not, although he didnt go to jail, he and his family must have paid a huge price for it, so case closed. 

Its not uncommon in some cultures the possibility to pay the victim or his family to avoid jail time. 

It's been reported before that the victim's family were very poorly compensated / poorly taken care of.

On the sidelines of this is the proven fact that a senior cop quickly visited the drivers house and arranged for an employee to say he was driving the car.

This 'arrangement' was revealed and collapsed quickly and the senior cop who arranged was punished.  

6 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Wherever he is he would have to behave himself if he ever got arrested for anything he would be on his way back to face the music 

What music, these people are above the law, the likes of you and me i think is if we broke wind in a lift we would be on the gallows.

4 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Don't think so. He would be seen at one point or the other and Thai cannot keep their mouths closed. 

Sure but in all these years the Thai cops have done nothing and even though the whole story has come up again several times for more criticism (like now).

Each time it comes up there's very simple non specific comments from the cops and from prime ministers, but nothing happens.

it seems to me that the cops will continue to do nothing because there's some of a much higher rank in 'control' of this case and perhaps more. 

10 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

This makes me sick. Can the government not see that this blatant injustice can be seen all over the world. The guy went to every F1 event every fortnight for the last 8 years. Shameful. Shame on the RTP. How can people respect the police when you do this sort of stuff?

A bit more  exposure and the Red Bull brand plus the F1 side of the business might take a hit, where are the banners at the F1 GPs ?

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I think pretty much everyone knows the answer to that one already. Much money changed hands for sure and it has bought a whole load of (for once, deliberate) incompetency, which will continue as long as needed. the "Boss" will not be coming back anytime soon.

Which is a the way Thailands elite work, everyone that needed to be paid off were, and handsomely at that.

The family of the deceased I'm sure are financially secure, and the cops who could make a difference were paid not to.

He will stay out of Thailand for as long as it takes, it's like an extended foreign holiday, money is transferred to make sure he's not having to rough it, family who wish to see him can fly over there.

• Like 1

As did Sungod I looked at the INTERPOL red list. No sign of him there. To be certain that the information typed in was accurate I copied it from the original picture of the red notice that accompanied an article from the " Other Thai newspaper." The authorities have obviously chosen the option which allows the information to be withheld from public view and that is presuming that the notice was not withdrawn or possibly never delivered. Even were he to be held in another country the Thai police must make a formal extradition request. Possibly the fact that he had been held  and released would never see the light of day although it is probably more likely that he will never be held.

6 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Wherever he is he would have to behave himself if he ever got arrested for anything he would be on his way back to face the music 

Totally false. He is so far above the law nobody can touch him. And Thailand never made the tiniest effort to have him extradited. Why would they? Guys like him do not get prosecuted here and if Prayuth is doing anything, he is going out of his way to protect him and his family.  

nothing stopping them Charging, and Convicting in Absentia! 

and just like where family can lose a house because of  one little famly m,embers actions -

- force the surender of family properety e=tc, for compensation to the BIB victims family

get them where it hurts

his not sorry little bum can be dragged over the coals, in another time and place

6 hours ago, bbi1 said:

So, why doesn't the cops instruct them and ask for an extradition order from whichever country he's living in, and put him on Interpol's “Red Notice”, etc.?

magic world... $$$$$$$$$$$$ politics

the guy should/must have a little bit of decency/remorse in his body.... can he look at himself in the mirror and sleep well at night without having the slightest thought for what he did..... ok, maybe not, parents fault, hi so's don't have a soul

Edited by Mavideol

3 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Why do TVF posters take such an interest in this case and him (Boss) ?

Why do TVF posters desperately want him jailed ?

Because I don’t want him out there running over and killing more people. Particularly me. 

1 hour ago, Dap said:

Wow! In the West, there is no Statute of Limitations for murder.

In the UK there isn't,, have no idea about every country in the west. I also think you will find the statute would not apply in a lot of cases if you flee justice. Not sure what you are trying to say but I assume you are being sarcastic for some reason,, probably one of these Thai supporters who say "its just as bad everywhere else". If I have misread your post then apologies,,,

21 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Wow! He's not be charged with murder.

is that true? How about manslaughter? There must be something to raise an interpol notice, Genuine question, I really don't know.