Alleged cop killer: Red Bull heir has seven years until his case runs out

webfact

1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

Actually it was "Dereliction of Duty" (according to Wiki) and she was sentenced to 5 years in prison. Rumoured to somehow have a UK passport though in addition to having been granted citizenship by Serbia of all places. (Another report claims that she doesn't have a UK passport, meaning she's been living there with no passport since she arrived. Try doing that in Thailand without ending up in jail and being deported.)

Not sure if the UK considers "dereliction" to be "negligence" but obviously they don't feel any pressure to get rid of her. 

Note: One article says she was convicted of "Dereliction of Duty" while another article says it was "Criminal Negligence". Could be different interpretations/translations I suppose.

Apparently there's a difference (big one) between minor celebrities and rich kids compared to super rich former politicians. 

You'd think, if someone can kill 9 people and not serve a day in jail, then a couple of corrupt politicians would be given the red carpet and official apologies for merely enriching themselves and their family at public expense !

(Actually, Thaksin did try to buy his way out when he had his lawyer deliver a 2 million baht bribe in a lunch pail to the judge in his trial. When the judge rejected the bribe and threw the lawyer in jail - for 2 years - Thaksin realized he wasn't going to be able to buy his way out. That's when he decided to flee the country.)

Not sure about her passport situation, but I do know the UK would enforce the law. Whatever the charges and conviction if they are not common law the UK won't act, they can't and they shouldn't. The law is the law my friend.

54 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Sure but in all these years the Thai cops have done nothing and even though the whole story has come up again several times for more criticism (like now).

Each time it comes up there's very simple non specific comments from the cops and from prime ministers, but nothing happens.

it seems to me that the cops will continue to do nothing because there's some of a much higher rank in 'control' of this case and perhaps more. 

I agree on that level, but if some normal Thai snaps a pic of him out and about here and puts it on social media then the gig is up. I would gather the there might be continual pocket padding or donations going on the entire time. Who knows, maybe the Red Bull owners have some dirty little secrets on everyone. All in all it is interesting, and for the other matter even Thaskin is untouchable. 

1 hour ago, GAZZPA said:

She cannot be extradited from the UK because she has been charged with "negligence" I believe. Under UK law a politician cannot be charge for this so it is not common law, only common law can be used in extradition. However back on topic, this red bull scumbag is guilty of killing a policeman whilst being <deleted> behind the wheel, if it is manslaughter for example that is common law and he would face extradition. 

Yes it is, and no - he won't. 

2 hours ago, fkh21 said:

it's all a cover up too much $$$$$$$$ if they wanted to arrest him, with today's available technologies, they would in a blink of an eye but in order to arrest him they have to issue a REAL ARREST request not a so called provisionally arrest as per your link, it's all on the wording, and after all of that they have to be sure the country making the arrest have extradition accord/agreement with Thailand

Interpol says a red notice is a request to police forces around the world “to locate and provisionally arrest an individual, pending extradition.”

7 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Wherever he is he would have to behave himself if he ever got arrested for anything he would be on his way back to face the music 

You don't think grandma wouldn't save him? He'll never pay any price, never!

1 hour ago, Srikcir said:

Two more ways to the prosecution of "Boss":

1. Why wasn't he arrested when he returned to Thailand for several days passing through Thai immigration control after arriving and departing via a private aircraft? As I remember, Immigration said it wasn't their responsibility to notify the Police so that allegedly the police only learned of his arrival after he then fled to Singapore.

2. As I recall the "past/current" Prayut government has several times with other alleged criminals who fled the country to avoid prosecution asserted the right to try them in absentia in order to prevent statue of limitations from expiring before their prosecution.

Why isn't that done with Boss?

Interestingly Immigration are the police one and the same.

7 hours ago, bbi1 said:

So, why doesn't the cops instruct them and ask for an extradition order from whichever country he's living in, and put him on Interpol's “Red Notice”, etc.?

He was on Red Notice, but his case "disappeared from it somehow".

7 hours ago, bbi1 said:

So, why doesn't the cops instruct them and ask for an extradition order from whichever country he's living in, and put him on Interpol's “Red Notice”, etc.?

How can you issue an Interpol Red Notice for a fugative who is in THAILAND...1 2 3   " he's behind you "

39 minutes ago, Derek B said:

Hope so - they deserve substantial compensation.

The police handling the case probably got more than they did.

The victims family will have only got what is considered appropriate for their class/caste. 

If you're rich you get loads of money, because that's what you're used to.

If you're poor you get relatively little........because that's what you're used to.

When it comes to punishment a poor person will be treated much more harshly, because they are used to a hard life and need more discomfort for the punishment to register on their "hardened" bodies and brutal minds.

A wealthy person will receive much less punishment, because their soft bodies and sensitive emotions will cause them to feel the punishment more intensely. 

Also, the terrible unhappiness, mental trauma and loss of face for the more emotionally vulnerable wealthy, during the legal proceedings, will have been an awful "punishment" in itself.  That being the case, what decent human being (and, needless to say.....good "Buddhist") could not help but feel compassion and forgiveness for them?

The whole ghastly system might well be termed "Sufficiency Justice".

Edited by Enoon

1 hour ago, GAZZPA said:

is that true? How about manslaughter? There must be something to raise an interpol notice, Genuine question, I really don't know.

I believe the charge was causing death by reckless driving.... or something along those lines.

1 hour ago, Almer said:

A bit more  exposure and the Red Bull brand plus the F1 side of the business might take a hit, where are the banners at the F1 GPs ?

I'm not sure that they'll be much in evidence at the opening GP at the Red Bull Ring (owned by Red Bull) in Austria , the home of Red Bull, with 4 Red Bull cars on the grid.

I believe Jerez may be the first GP with people, so he should be easily spottable there...

Every body knows this guy's covered from top to tail by the Police, he's probably in Thailand still because if anyone put a price on his head there's plenty of bounty hunters all over the world who'd have him boxed up quick....  There's one or two in Thailand as well.....  Beer and skittles for the BIB....... another seven years.... 

2 hours ago, saminoz said:

That kind of defeats the purpose of an Interpol Red Notice, wouldn't you say?

What's the point of issuing one if you keep it secret?

They don't keep it secret, as it is visible to the authorities who it concerns.

Are you a bounty hunter, looking at the red notices every day, and searching for the people listed?

Posts with links to Bangkok Post and the replies have been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

An off topic post has been removed. 

no way could he behave himself, he is used to drinking up, screwing up, and no doubt sniffing up, you dont do that for long before you are recognised, he would have to pay out big to keep things hidden the Thai pimps would be quite on this guy to easy dead

16 minutes ago, Susco said:

They don't keep it secret, as it is visible to the authorities who it concerns.

Are you a bounty hunter, looking at the red notices every day, and searching for the people listed?

You'd be surprised how much money's in that game..... I had a mate doing it here years ago, debt collecting as well........ Very interesting.... Ex 42 and Sandline, not someone you'd want a visit from.... 

Edited by SupermarineS6B

7 hours ago, ThaidDown said:

Most red notices are hidden from public view and only available to law enforcement.

https://www.interpol.int/en/How-we-work/Notices/Red-Notices

100% correct!!  My brother is a cop in Canada working with RCMP / on anti-terrorism units and when I told him this guy's story he told why I couldn't find him (he did appear for a short time I saw). He only said the majority of these kinds of guys are not for public view.  

8 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Why, oh why don't people read the details in the post before passing comment?

"Meanwhile Boss fled abroad and despite being on an Interpol most wanted list he has never been brought to justice."

Edited by sambum