customer

hlj

I am a loyal customer of Lazada, I ordered a few items from them, but they hired a NEW Delivery boy who could only speak Thai with NO English at all. He called, I told him I was at home to come on but he never showed. Later I had my wife call him he said he was just hired 3 days ago. I am wondering if Lazada now wants only Thai people ordering from them in Thailand especially Chiang Mai. This is a popular town for tourist and they also order from Lazada. I would suggest this NEW employee learns a little English or finds him another job. My orders will be delivered tomorrow is what he told my wife. Now it will be over the delivery date and I will probably cancel it. I ordered it COD. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 4

53 minutes ago, hlj said:

hey hired a NEW Delivery boy who could only speak Thai with NO English at all. He called, I told him I was at home to come on but he never showed. Later I had my wife call him he said he was just hired 3 days ago. I am wondering if Lazada now wants only Thai people ordering from them in Thailand especially Chiang Mai. This is a popular town for tourist and they also order from Lazada. I would suggest this NEW employee learns a little English or finds him another job. My orders will be delivered tomorrow is what he told my wife. Now it will be over the delivery date and I will probably cancel it. I ordered it COD. 

Never had a problem, why would they need to speak with you?

They honk when they arrive, you hand them the money.

No speaking in any language required.

If they phone, "you baan lairw" is all you need to say.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, South said:

You presumably live in Thailand, have a Thai wife, order goods from a Thai company .... might be time to learn some of the language me thinks. The blame certainly doesn't belong to {quote} the 'NEW delivery boy.'

Hardly seems worthwhile when I only have a 90 day permission to stay.

Nobody speaking much Thai in Chiang Mai, better off learning Laos.

That includes my kids and live-in rental ..... they speak Laos or English.

Sure, they can speak Thai, but rarely bother when chatting.

• Like 1

Just curious since when lazada hired people for delivery. I thought it was all outsourced to normal post and couriers. Is the OP wrong or does lazada now have its own delivery system. 

Its not that hard to learn a bit of Thai. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

Everyone in CM can speak Thai , some hill tribes or other ethics sometimes converse in their local language, but , they all can speak Thai

Which isn't really the point, the whole point of learning any language is so you can participate with those around you, you want to hear what they're saying and join in. But you can't because they won't speak Thai to each other for your benefit, that's if you probably can't get them to speak to you at all.

As for the Lazada deliver man, no need to talk to them in any language.

One arrived for me just now, 'sawadee cap' hand over money, take package, sign his phone, 'cop kun cap'

As for everyone in CM speaking Thai ...... met a girl working in a bar a few years back.

Spoke to her in Thai for a bit, she turned to me and said, "Sorry, I only speak English and Akha"

Edited by BritManToo

1 hour ago, DeaconJohn said:

So true

Speaking Thai makes life here so much easier in so many ways.

Some people seem to be born  with an aptitude for learning languages. 

I wasn't, but I overcame it to learn Thai because I didn't want my Thai wife and our two daughters to see me as an illiterate who couldn't speak the language and clueless as to what was going on around him.

I can speak Thai, well, about 70% anyway...............yet I am still clueless as to what is going on around me.............:crazy:

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Just curious since when lazada hired people for delivery. I thought it was all outsourced to normal post and couriers. Is the OP wrong or does lazada now have its own delivery system. 

They have their own delivery service, called "LEL Express", when they deliver something you often get the call directly from Lazada.

If you live somewhere remote i guess they also use other courier companies or Thai post.

6 minutes ago, jackdd said:

They have their own delivery service, called "LEL Express", when they deliver something you often get the call directly from Lazada.

If you live somewhere remote i guess they also use other courier companies or Thai post.

I learn something new every day. I did not know that LEL express was part of lazada. But as lazada is just a trading platform the customers can use what they want. I get it by normal post / kerry and occasionally LEL express. Usually do get a call from Lazada. 

19 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

I always pay COD, I use cash for everything. Can't trust someone skimming my debit card.

You can pay online and current Thai debit cards are chip type so not much danger of anyone making copies.  Find it much easier to just pay by card (Lazada) or bank transfer (Shopee) then to have to always have a cash drawer of change to go through.  Do pay Tops and Tesco cash however as they do not like UnionPay cards.

Edited by lopburi3

7 hours ago, hlj said:

he was just hired 3 days ago.

Cut the guy a break... not sure where you are from but how many delivery guys speak Thai? 

He was hired to be a delivery person... not a linguist. If you want a linguist too, I would guess that the prices would need to go up... 

One occasion for a delivery shipped from BKK, the delivery boy could not find our house when my wife was trying to give him directions.  It finally dawned he had a little understanding of Thai because he was Thai-yai.  He found our house after our maid talked to him.

You live in a country that speaks Thai, and complain because a Thai delivery boy cannot speak your language? There are French, Dutch, Germans and Swedes living their too ... should the kid also be a master of these languages? 

If you live there permanently then you should make an effort to speak Thai.

Edited by AlexRich

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

You can pay online and current Thai debit cards are chip type so not much danger of anyone making copies.  Find it much easier to just pay by card (Lazada) or bank transfer (Shopee) then to have to always have a cash drawer of change to go through.  Do pay Tops and Tesco cash however as they do not like UnionPay cards.

You do realize that many well established companies have been hacked, don't you? Data breeches are a valid concern I have, thus the reason I pay by cash everywhere and don't trust cloud based storage. Not too difficult to have 5-10k THB handy. And as for change, the drivers have change but I generally provide a tip just as I do when I occasionally order any food.

What does a chip card have to do with anything? When you pay online does the system scan the chip? I don't think so....  hmmmmm

47 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

There are French, Dutch, Germans and Swedes living their too ... should the kid also be a master of these languages? 

No. But you can expect people to speak English.