BANGKOK

I am a loyal customer of Lazada, I ordered a few items from them, but they hired a NEW Delivery boy who could only speak Thai with NO English at all. He called, I told him I was at home to come on but he never showed. Later I had my wife call him he said he was just hired 3 days ago. I am wondering if Lazada now wants only Thai people ordering from them in Thailand especially Chiang Mai. This is a popular town for tourist and they also order from Lazada. I would suggest this NEW employee learns a little English or finds him another job. My orders will be delivered tomorrow is what he told my wife. Now it will be over the delivery date and I will probably cancel it. I ordered it COD. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 4

Pay with a good credit card...Lazada has issues..but so does Amazon..seems both embrace little white lies.

53 minutes ago, hlj said:

hey hired a NEW Delivery boy who could only speak Thai with NO English at all. He called, I told him I was at home to come on but he never showed. Later I had my wife call him he said he was just hired 3 days ago. I am wondering if Lazada now wants only Thai people ordering from them in Thailand especially Chiang Mai. This is a popular town for tourist and they also order from Lazada. I would suggest this NEW employee learns a little English or finds him another job. My orders will be delivered tomorrow is what he told my wife. Now it will be over the delivery date and I will probably cancel it. I ordered it COD. 

Never had a problem, why would they need to speak with you?

They honk when they arrive, you hand them the money.

No speaking in any language required.

If they phone, "you baan lairw" is all you need to say.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, South said:

You presumably live in Thailand, have a Thai wife, order goods from a Thai company .... might be time to learn some of the language me thinks. The blame certainly doesn't belong to {quote} the 'NEW delivery boy.'

Hardly seems worthwhile when I only have a 90 day permission to stay.

Nobody speaking much Thai in Chiang Mai, better off learning Laos.

That includes my kids and live-in rental ..... they speak Laos or English.

Sure, they can speak Thai, but rarely bother when chatting.

• Like 1

I got stung few times by fly by night sellers there that now i choose to pay COD, if it comes i pay and it doesn't, oh well...

Just curious since when lazada hired people for delivery. I thought it was all outsourced to normal post and couriers. Is the OP wrong or does lazada now have its own delivery system. 

Its not that hard to learn a bit of Thai. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Nobody speaking much Thai in Chiang Mai,

Everyone in CM can speak Thai , some hill tribes or other ethics sometimes converse in their local language, but , they all can speak Thai

• Like 1