customer

hlj

10 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Don’t cut off you nose despite your face...if it comes, you accept it period..

enough of this principle BS...common sense over emotion

cut off your nose despite your face?

is that a finger of speech?

Lazada accepts our US credit card after I had a talk with the credit card company.  The delivery people call and Hubby's two week intro to Thai language is enough for him to establish the time and day of delivery over the phone.  Come on people, Hubby can order a meal in a restuarant, buy things in a store by himself, travel across the country alone, etc.  Some guys can survive without a Thai wife and only a few weeks of Thai language training.  A smile, nods, and charades go a long way.

14 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Don’t cut off you nose despite your face...if it comes, you accept it period..

enough of this principle BS...common sense over emotion

I am not trying to language police or maybe autocorrect but I am intrigued to know if it is a colloquialism as I understood the phrase to be Cutting off your nose to spite your face

you're criticising someone for speaking their language in their own country? sounds like you have chosen to live in that country and yet speak nothing of the language? how about being proactive and helping yourself by learning the language instead of sitting there complaining and criticising.

how many languages do you speak?

would you expect a delivery driver in your home country to speak the language of their customer? or would you expect the customer to be able to communicate with the driver?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

What does a chip card have to do with anything? When you pay online does the system scan the chip? I don't think so....  hmmmmm

Thailand is known for ATM mag strip skimmers so expected that was your reference.  But cards offer protection in any case - the world runs on them.  And Thailand is trying to increase use to help fight illegal activities (which cash promotes - and not having a go at you or others as I still use cash for most things).  Old habits die hard (to add another idiom). 

• Like 2

had a Thai business owner ask me in Thai, "Am I dumb because I don't speak English well?"  I laughed.  I asked, "Are farangs dumb if they can't speak Thai?"  If you can't speak basic Thai after a year, you might not be dumb; however, you are lazy and deserve to be frustrated.  If you like in THAILAND and can't speak English, who cares, this is Thailand.  I don't go to the UK and yell at people who can't speak Thai.  What kind of person does this?  You TRY.... TRY....  this is why everyone should at least get a high school degree.  In high school, you learn to solve basic problems.  Oh, ordering in Thailand....hmmmm...let me spend 11 seconds on thinking about what words I need to know and what possible hurdles I might have to overcome.  After ordering 100000 times, you might have an idea how to navigate any problem.

farangs come to thailand thinking they will be treated superior because they speak English.  They were bitter before, and even more bitter after they realize nobody cares about them anywhere in the world.  lol.   learn the language. 

1 hour ago, Ventenio said:

If you can't speak basic Thai after a year, you might not be dumb; however, you are lazy and deserve to be frustrated.

Let me count the years if I am not too lazy.  Yes it is now year 51 since first came to Thailand and my Thai is just about zero.  Some of us have no aptitude for language or an ear for tones.  As most people come to Thailand later in life language is often not an easy learn even if not as lazy as I am.  Not to mention the risks involved with wrong tone.   Strongly urge those who can do so to learn Thai but do understand many have issues learning such a language even before getting old and lazy.

On an Android phone save his phone number as Lazada in your saved contacts. Load and open the Line program and likely he will show up as a new contact, Lazada.  Use Line to easily send your location to him. He should be able to find you with Google Maps.

3 hours ago, chuang said:

he means cutting off the nose to spite his face...55555

i know i was just adding salt to the jury.

its all just water under the fridge.

no ham no fowl.

Edited by n00dle