Bars, pubs allowed to reopen, state of emergency extended until end of July

webfact

I have one question. Servers must wear masks. Why when the customers don't?

Furthermore  Why the bloody hell do we need to wear masks anyway? 

The news states that Thailand has not had a locally transmitted case of covid 19 for more than 31 days {and counting}

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oldie said:

Why do you need the bars so much? I have been living here for very long and the only people I saw hanging around at bars were those that were not able to find any other sources of entertainment. Poor people in my eyes. 

Why do you need to criticize other peoples choices in life? If the only people you have seen hanging around bars are poor people, all I can add to that is you must hang around a slum

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

There is enough open already in Bangkok to keep a guy busy 24/7. It started when massage was allowed to open. 

I will be first in line at Crazy House. I am 100 meters from it in my hotel right now. 

I was going to chain myself to the front door and go on a hunger strike until they opened but looks like I can save my energy for other things.  

3 hours ago, OneeyedJohn said:

The thousands of farangs stuck here, and the thousands of expats on 1 year visas/ extensions.

Theres more expats stuck out of the country than in it i think. 

All still hoping to get back in to their families and loved ones...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OnTheRun said:

Not so sure about that. Quite a few I know are used to drinking at home now with friends and seeing the money they save, also the 22 rule thing doesn't apply in your house. 

Same here, hanging out with old and new friends.

OK, the savings have been substantial, but more important, those of us who know each other have met many new people at our condo complex over the nearly four months. The camaraderie has grown exponentially, we have had respectful arguments and lots of fun, the evening poolside atmosphere has been relaxing and comfortable, generosity surprising, and the Thai wives/GFs have met new like-minded Thais and are having a ball. The only rule is that we clean up after ourselves, which everyone pitches in to do.

We've had occasional compare and contrast discussions and we like our "new normal" (sorry . . .) Well, except I do love my draft beer. So, I will go out but it will very likely be less often. 

4 hours ago, JackThompson said:

I am guessing you have not read the 22 rules? 

Yes indeed, some of note:-

Bars, pubs and entertainment venues will be allowed to sell alcoholic beverages, but will have to shut shop at midnight.

These night venues are required to ensure customers are seated at least a metre apart, with tables separated by a two-metre space and 1.5-metre-high partitions. 

smoking areas clearly marked and the venues properly ventilated.

Each business must register with the ThaiChana platform before reopening.

2 hours ago, Percy P said:

Well it won't 're the Thais as many have had  no income since lockdon. My Thai friend doesn't even get the 5000 Baht government money. His wife the same.

The 5000 was just another dose of BS.

Same here, my wife and her sister got sweet f. a.

Add to that about 150 others in the village. 

Be interesting to see how many people know someone who received it.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

There is enough open already in Bangkok to keep a guy busy 24/7. It started when massage was allowed to open. 

I will be first in line at Crazy House. I am 100 meters from it in my hotel right now. 

I was going to chain myself to the front door and go on a hunger strike until they opened but looks like I can save my energy for other things.  

I live out of town....crazy house is the first place I visit when I visit, love the odour of the place mmmmmmmm!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

The 5000 was just another dose of BS.

Same here, my wife and her sister got sweet f. a.

Add to that about 150 others in the village. 

Be interesting to see how many people know someone who received it.

I know a lot of people who got the 5000. My wife has received the first 2 payments so far and most of the village she comes from have received their payments plus a lot of her friends here got it, and her mother even got the 15000 because she is a registered farmer, so it is not another dose of BS.

Edited by Russell17au
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Ha. yes. It may even be possible to get a ringside seat for a month or 2.

• Like 2