Bars, pubs allowed to reopen, state of emergency extended until end of July

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Foreigners with work permits, residency and families in Thailand will also be able to enter the country, but will be subject to a 14-day quarantine.

Worth noting that 'residency' isn't the same thing as 'permanent residency' - some clarification is required here.....

In the governments own words, foreigners who spend more than 180 days per year in Thailand are 'resident'.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jimbo2014 said:
7 hours ago, webfact said:

but will have to shut shop at midnight.

Sometimes the government has good ideas... sometimes ridiculous ideas.  Is Covid scared of the dark?

Same rules apply in most European countries where the bars reopened, so maybe you could direct your question to your government?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, tomauasia said:

Fake numbers. How long have you lived in Thailand 2 weeks

23 years. Where is your proof? Just saying something you made up yourself in one minute does not make it true. Not even if you chose to believe it yourself, it still not make it a true fact. Come on now! Show me where the numbers are faulty.

9 hours ago, hereforgood said:

Any of the big bars and nightclubs and Go-Go's that attempt to enforce all 22 of those rules won't be open for two weeks before they re close.

some sporting events are not on till after midnight so does it mean i cannot sit in a bar and watch it ? i notice they have not said restraunts cannot stay open after midnight , maybe a bar serving food can stay open after midnight and show tv events ?? can anyone clarify this ?

10 hours ago, webfact said:

These night venues are required to ensure customers are seated at least a metre apart, with tables separated by a two-metre space and 1.5-metre-high partitions. Patrons are not allowed to share tables with strangers while servers must wear masks at all times. Furthermore, frequently touched areas, including toilets, must be cleaned regularly, smoking areas clearly marked and the venues properly ventilated.

Some bars are open already. Most not taking much notice of these rules.

9 hours ago, hereforgood said:

Any of the big bars and nightclubs and Go-Go's that attempt to enforce all 22 of those rules won't be open for two weeks before they re close.

The rules are unenforceable, especially in an area with lots of drunk people. It won't be a problem. They will look to be making an effort for a fews days before every bar drops the charade.

i know a few bars open in cnx now but that is to do with restaurant  food and those rules.come july all the other bars are hoping to open asap.they are having a hard time like everyone else.

now they extend to july 31  so i think no one is leaving anytime soon or they let anyone in  yet.i think the end of the year is when most of this will be over for travel  and getting back there

17 hours ago, vivananahuahin said:

Which money,they have no work anymore!!!

The tourism industry is only one sector of the economy there are those who work in various levels of government, police, hospitals, schools, shops, businesses, agriculture is etc who have confined to be employed or paid the list is endless.

16 hours ago, chilli42 said:

Please tell me this does not include flights out of this country.  At this point I would fly almost anywhere to get out of this country (OK not the USA, UK or Brazil).

Flights out of Thailand have never been shut down. If you can find a country to accept you, you can go virtually anywhere you like.

14 hours ago, dallen52 said:

The 5000 was just another dose of BS.

Same here, my wife and her sister got sweet f. a.

Add to that about 150 others in the village. 

Be interesting to see how many people know someone who received it.

My sister in law got it as she had been self employed, my wife didn't as she had always had a job.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, webfact said:

karaoke venues will be able to operate until midnight

Do they mean drunks  singing off key on a loud speaker until midnight 7 days a week? Time to break out the noise canceling ear plugs! 

17 hours ago, Oldie said:

Why do you need the bars so much? I have been living here for very long and the only people I saw hanging around at bars were those that were not able to find any other sources of entertainment. Poor people in my eyes. 

Poor people in my eyes

Hey take a look at yourself Mr excitement, i think that statement relates to you ha ha

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

My sister in law got it as she had been self employed, my wife didn't as she had always had a job.

My wife got it too, she has a laundry shop and 85% of her customers went back to the villages when the bars shut!!

• Like 2

Who came up with these ideas? I have to keep 2 meters away from everyone when I go out shopping, but I can go get a massage by the same person who has just touched how many other people?  And why check the masseuse frequently? They could get tested in the morning and then give someone carrying the virus a massage and have spread it to how many people by the afternoon?

And as far as bars go, what do people do in bars? Do not a fair amount of the customers get intoxicated at least to some degree? Lets see you how that goes, getting people under the influence of alcohol to obey a bunch of rules like social distancing.

20 hours ago, Zenwind said:

It is said that there is to be no singing in bars. So, does this mean that live music by house bands is prohibited?  

If they say no singing, then presumable instrumental music only...????

17 hours ago, Susco said:

Same rules apply in most European countries where the bars reopened, so maybe you could direct your question to your government?

I just asked them (via the internet) and they answered that they either close the bars completely or they open them with restrictions on numbers of course (which makes sense).  None referred to closing times.  Why would they.... if the bar is open from 6-12 it has as much chance to spread the virus as if it were open from 8pm-2am... Its common sense isnt it?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, chilli42 said:

Please tell me this does not include flights out of this country.  At this point I would fly almost anywhere to get out of this country (OK not the USA, UK or Brazil).

Then go to Europe, there are flights if you look for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo2014 said:

I just asked them (via the internet) and they answered that they either close the bars completely or they open them with restrictions on numbers of course (which makes sense).  None referred to closing times.  Why would they.... if the bar is open from 6-12 it has as much chance to spread the virus as if it were open from 8pm-2am... Its common sense isnt it?

Maybe not the same in every country, don't even know which your country is, but it is a rule in my country

https://euobserver.com/coronavirus/148550

Bars, cafés and restaurants will reopen on 8 June on three conditions: tables should have a distance between each other of 1.5 metres, groups of maximum 10 people can sit together and they will be served at the table.

The closing hour for these bars, cafés and restaurants as well as night shops will be 1AM.

Similar restrictions in Spain

https://www.express.co.uk/travel/articles/1285373/benidorm-spain-holidays-bars-pubs-opening-hours-extension

He said pubs, bars and restaurants had been making plans to use their interiors rather than just the terraces so he would now waiver the earlier closing time rule of 11pm to 1am instead.

In the UK they obviously didn't have to put those restrictionsm because pubs always have to close at 11pm, covid or no covid

goverment made again stupid plan, totally stupid idea open bar,hotel,airport,better closed all 1-2 year not can open any bar and hotel thats time and newer not open bordens chinese problems again. western can go to thailand but first guarantee 1-2 year then open airport again.

18 hours ago, Susco said:

Maybe not the same in every country, don't even know which your country is, but it is a rule in my country

https://euobserver.com/coronavirus/148550

Bars, cafés and restaurants will reopen on 8 June on three conditions: tables should have a distance between each other of 1.5 metres, groups of maximum 10 people can sit together and they will be served at the table.

The closing hour for these bars, cafés and restaurants as well as night shops will be 1AM.

Similar restrictions in Spain

https://www.express.co.uk/travel/articles/1285373/benidorm-spain-holidays-bars-pubs-opening-hours-extension

He said pubs, bars and restaurants had been making plans to use their interiors rather than just the terraces so he would now waiver the earlier closing time rule of 11pm to 1am instead.

In the UK they obviously didn't have to put those restrictionsm because pubs always have to close at 11pm, covid or no covid

In Australia there is no mention of closing times and I checked US and UK.  It really doesnt make much sense to limit the closing time.  Once people are mingling the odds of spreading the virus seem the same whether its 12 midnight or 1am or 2am but perhaps research indicates people have riskier behavior at later hours (?)... unclear I guess.

• Like 1