BANGKOK
TingTawng

Do you think they will extend the amnesty if they are not allowing inbound scheduled flights from August onwards?

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

believe the Thai authorities are of the view that almost everyone can, with a little effort, return to their home countries.

Seeing that I have not seen any official statement saying this and it was reported last week that meetings have already started to take place in regards to decide if to extend the amnesty or not how do you come to this conclusion?

• Like 1

”I realise there are special flights out of Thailand (and into Thailand) right now, but these are repatriation flights and there's only a few of them each day.  ”

Where does this bizarre idea come from? Is it reported in the media? Unless you come from a country that does not have inbound flights, and there is no where to go to as a secondary country, you can leave anytime you want. You just have to put in the effort.Where is it th OP wishes to return to?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

No.  There is no reason to extend the amnesty further.  There are plenty of flights to major countries and the embassies of those few that don't them can offer letters stating such.

And for those 50 or older, there is always the "40k special visa" and extension for one year, available through certain "agents".

Edited by Kelsall

31 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

And for those 50 or older, there is always the "40k special visa" and extension for one year, available through certain "agents".

Perhaps they will come up with a similar visa for the under-50 crowd.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TingTawng said:

At the moment it's only foreigners with a work visa who qualify for entry into Thailand, and they are done on a case by case basis - so it looks like I am leaving Thailand on an indefinite basis. 

Maybe I missed it on the 1st page but what is your destination?  You seem to indicate you are stuck here but also indicate you want to leave and return then you mentioned something about a Immigration O?  🤔

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Kelsall said:

No.  There is no reason to extend the amnesty further.  There are plenty of flights to major countries and the embassies of those few that don't them can offer letters stating such.

I don't think the Burmese/Cambodian/Malay labourers have a spare 40k to extend their amnesty.

Why do so many people assume everything is done for the benefit of white people?

<removed>

Edited by ubonjoe
inflammatory comment removed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hope that we can pay to extend, and people who cannot pay should do free community work.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

As with the Emergency Decree, which has recently been extended, the amnesty will also get an increase of 31 days.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Kelsall said:

40K???????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

40K???????

That's probably including a switch to NON-O first. If it was only for the extension it would be expensive.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Thailand loves to create stress in foreigners. The decision will be made a day or 2 before. This is the same for all government activities. Today they will announce, or not announce bars will be open starting maybe, or maybe not tomorrow. How is anyone supposed to plan????????????? Sorry having a plan is a foreign concept  in Thailand.

Edited by KhunKenAP
  • Like 1

Common sense says it will be extended, but it's really annoying having to wait.

There are spikes and potential second waves popping up everywhere.

And I doubt Thailand wants to be the only country in the world receiving terrible press by kicking out foreigners considering tourism will be important in helping rebuild the country in the next few years.

U.S. Embassy tweeted this today...

Ebu8DFyXYAY697i.jpg

• Thanks 1