Non Immigrant O - Stucked in Laos

I have a friend that is, from they closed the borders of Thailand, stucked in Laos.. He did purchase a Non Immigrant O single entry back in march, which did "go out" 16th of june, while still being outside Thailand.....

Is his VISA covered by the amnesti? And can he use that very same VISA, when borders finally opens up for him??

thanks for your input guys,

glegolo

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Poor fellow. A nightmare. That's why I hesitated to go over to Savanakhet back in March. Worried that I might get stuck there. At least better stuck at home here but my welcome in Thailand appears to be running out!

The border is still closed to all except trucks (and truck drivers) and very very rare exceptions (diplomats, people needing emergency treatment). No chance you can even cross with a Lao work and stay permit!

2 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Poor fellow. A nightmare. That's why I hesitated to go over to Savanakhet back in March. Worried that I might get stuck there. At least better stuck at home here but my welcome in Thailand appears to be running out!

"Poor fellow. A nightmare"

Really? He just have to apply for a new visa in Laos when it's possible to cross the border to Thailand. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Yankeesvsredsox said:

Has your friend been able to get out and about  or is it similar to Thailand ? We've been in step 3 for several weeks now

He is really stucked there since monthof march... He have his home in Thailand, his wife children and his farm and his life. And he cant go anywhere near Thailand.... He is in constant meaningless contact with the thai embssy in Vientianne, but they do not know anything at all like the rest of us....

Qurantine will, if it will be ctual cost him about 2.000 baht a day, totally just for that some 28.000 baht, so he is really happy now I can say....

glegolo

3 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Really? He just have to apply for a new visa in Laos when it's possible to cross the border to Thailand. 

So what does it help him to jus apply for a VISA, HE IS STUCKED IN LAOS and can not get home to Thailand, dont you get it???

glegolo

2 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Are you for real? Never mind that he's stuck in a place he doesn't want to be, separated from his family. I think it's very sad!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

I went to Savannakhet early March, no issue. Could kind of see what was coming...but didn't expect borders to close as quickly as they did. Still, it took 8 days after coming back before airport restrictions started to come into force, and wasn't until almost the end of the month that it became virtually impossible to enter Thailand (or any other country in the region...though Laos for instance already closed up shop on March 20). I remained flexible and had my trip perfectly planned as usual. Drove back on the 7th and everything went fine.

5 hours ago, glegolo said:

He have his home in Thailand, his wife children and his farm and his life.

If he's married to a Thai, shouldn't he be allowed in again?

oh forgot he still needs a visa and the Thai embassy in Laos is probably not open.....tricky.

2 minutes ago, spiekerjozef said:

If he's married to a Thai, shouldn't he be allowed in again?

oh forgot he still needs a visa and the Thai embassy in Laos is probably not open.....tricky.

They are open and the consulate in Savannakhet is also open.

He needs to contact them about getting a certificate of entry.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

They are open and the consulate in Savannakhet is also open.

He needs to contact them about getting a certificate of entry.

He is in constant contct with that embassy but there has been not a chance for entryto Thailand so far...... Let´s see now the coming days if any chance or if he have to wait for 1st august..

glegolo

10 hours ago, glegolo said:

He is in constant contct with that embassy but there has been not a chance for entryto Thailand so far...... Let´s see now the coming days if any chance or if he have to wait for 1st august..

Some embassies and consulates are already accepting applications from those married to a Thai to get a certificate of entry. He will need a covid 19 test and a medical certificate he is not infected. Then after entry a be in quarantine for 14 days.

On 6/30/2020 at 7:49 AM, glegolo said:

He is really stucked there since monthof march... He have his home in Thailand, his wife children and his farm and his life. And he cant go anywhere near Thailand.... He is in constant meaningless contact with the thai embssy in Vientianne, but they do not know anything at all like the rest of us....

Qurantine will, if it will be ctual cost him about 2.000 baht a day, totally just for that some 28.000 baht, so he is really happy now I can say....

glegolo

I feel for him. Lucky he’s not stuck somewhere infinitely more expensive like a lot of us. I will be broke by the time I finally get back.

sad times, but if have family he should be able to go back soon

• Like 1