Another 6 groups of foreigners to enter Thailand in July

webfact

Another 6 groups of foreigners to enter Thailand in July

By The Nation

800_6434b6aa20282db.jpg?v=1593418540

Six more groups of foreigners will be allowed to enter Thailand in July, the government’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) announced on Monday (June 29).

Authorities had already permitted experts and foreigners with Thai work permits to enter Thailand from July 1.

The six additional groups proposed by the Foreign Affairs Ministry to enter Thailand from next month are:

1. Foreign spouses and children of work permit holders.

2. Foreigners with residency rights in Thailand.

3. Foreigners married to Thais.

4. Foreigners and their carers seeking medical treatment in Thailand (except for Covid-19).

5. International students and their guardians.

6. Short-stay business travellers and guests of the government from Japan, South Korea, Singapore, China and Hong Kong – as per special arrangements made with these countries.

The special arrangement will initially allow entry to 200 foreigners per day. That number will increase when more alternative state quarantine (ASQ) rooms are made available. The special arrangement will allow entry to groups of no more than 10 people for a short period. Visitors will be tested for Covid-19 prior to travel and on arrival in Thailand, where they will be monitored constantly by health and security officials. They must submit their Thailand itinerary in advance and will only be allowed to travel by private car.

Foreigners work permit (WP3) and/or BOI certificate holders should contact their local Royal Thai Embassy or consulate for a permit to travel to Thailand. The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) will arrange seats aboard repatriation flights for eligible passengers.

Further detail will be released soon.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30390474

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-29

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

The daily confusion.

They only now expand alternative state quarantine. I heard hotel owners are desperate because nobody can tell them how to become a quarantine hotel.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ftpjtm said:

Are all persons from all of these groups required to do a 14 day quarantine at a government facility?

Yes, I think so.

But alternative quarantine which means a hotel.

Edited by Berti

17 minutes ago, ftpjtm said:

Are all persons from all of these groups required to do a 14 day quarantine at a government facility?

"Foreigners with work permits, residency and families in Thailand will also be able to enter the country, but will be subject to a 14-day quarantine. "

From post #59

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Berti said:

The daily confusion.

They only now expand alternative state quarantine. I heard hotel owners are desperate because nobody can tell them how to become a quarantine hotel.

Not sure why they they are unable how to apply to become a quarantine hotel

details of what is required and how to register are here

http://www.hsscovid.com/

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ftpjtm said:

No, group number 6 does not have to quarantine. They have a special arrangement which was explained in the article.

Also, from the Pattaya News:
Some of the early details released include the fact that these groups, other than 6, will need to have a Covid-19 test before and after arrival in Thailand, submit to a fourteen day quarantine at their expense, have proper health insurance and other requirements.
https://thepattayanews.com/2020/06/29/proposal-made-by-thailand-ministry-of-foreign-affairs-for-six-groups-of-foreigners-to-be-allowed-to-enter-country

18 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

There is no mention of reopening land borders...

No, but nor does it say whether the flight ban is lifted and that incoming flights can land.  It doesn't specifically refer to any type of entry, and there many people stranded across the border in Laos and other neighbouring countries, who meet the conditions referred to in the 6 groups (including my wife and son!).

Hopefully, things will be clarified further tomorrow.

37 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

No, but nor does it say whether the flight ban is lifted and that incoming flights can land.  It doesn't specifically refer to any type of entry, and there many people stranded across the border in Laos and other neighbouring countries, who meet the conditions referred to in the 6 groups (including my wife and son!).

We go from one confusing and tentatively situation to the next.

When will we be able to go, endless story.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cali farong said:

I lease a house by the year.  Will that allow me back in??
long time no mention of $1000,000 Covid insurance and 

medical certificate??  Are these still required??

No, at the moment a lease isn't enough to allow you back.

Yes the insurance and medical certificate are still required for all the returnees.

If you want more details i recomand you to ask to the Thai consulate or the Thai 

embassy of your country of origin, they are in charge of the process and they can inform you

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cali farong said:

// long time no mention of $1000,000 Covid insurance and 

medical certificate??  Are these still required??

We don't know. I would say probably yes. But anyway about $50-$100 per month, so not a big deal for most expats.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

No, at the moment a lease isn't enough to allow you back.

Yes the insurance and medical certificate are still required for all the returnees.

If you want more details i recomand you to ask to the Thai consulate or the Thai 

embassy of your country of origin, they are in charge of the process and they can inform you

The embassies and consulates are not in charge, the ministry of foreign affairs is.

Your chance of getting any answer out of embassies and consulates is very slim at the moment.

The final details and processes are still being finalized by the ministry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

A few incoming flights are landing with authorized passengers, for the most part Thai expats returning home.

Next month, there will be more.

I seriously doubt that they will allow people to enter by land because that would complicate a lot the quarantine management.

Imagine having to isolate and transport people arriving through remote land borders in the middle of nowhere... 

A plastic surgery is your entry ticket to Thailand.

If you already have children you can't visit them, but if you don't have children but want children, you can get in?

This is like a Monty Python show.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, webfact said:

The special arrangement will allow entry to groups of no more than 10 people for a short period. Visitors will be tested for Covid-19 prior to travel and on arrival in Thailand, where they will be monitored constantly by health and security officials. They must submit their Thailand itinerary in advance and will only be allowed to travel by private car.

This is the confusing part of the announcement, if they're doing a 14 day quarantine then why would their health need constant monitoring and only be allowed to travel by private car, presumably during their quarantine, because nobody cares what they do after the quarantine period.

I have a feeling this is not the 14 day quarantine we've seen already, it's something new and they're being allowed to move around.

It sounds to me like they're going to allow small tour groups in, maybe for a stay of less than 14 days.......without a 14 day quarantine.

I read it again - this is the group they're talking about :

6. Short-stay business travellers and guests of the government from Japan, South Korea, Singapore, China and Hong Kong – as per special arrangements made with these countries.

If there's any COVID these are the people who will be responsible for it.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, ukrules said:

This is the confusing part of the announcement, if they're doing a 14 day quarantine then why would their health need constant monitoring and only be allowed to travel by private car, presumably during their quarantine, because nobody cares what they do after the quarantine period.

I have a feeling this is not the 14 day quarantine we've seen already, it's something new and they're being allowed to move around.

It sounds to me like they're going to allow small tour groups in, maybe for a stay of less than 14 days.......without a 14 day quarantine.

I read it again - this is the group they're talking about :

If there's any COVID these are the people who will be responsible for it.

All related to group 6.

Short time business travellers are not subject to strict 14-day quarantine. But they have to stay in an ASQ hotel too. Can only leave for meetings, conferences etc. by private car.