Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

Another 6 groups of foreigners to enter Thailand in July

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

I don't know from which country you are, but as a non native speaker in English I always learned that Spouse implies mariage...??

First replies from Google all give a similar US definition:

Spouse Law and Legal DefinitionSpouse means a married person. It can be person's lawfully married husband or wife. 

I am a non native speaker in English.  Native Dutch . Immigrated to Australia . Now LOS 😀 

 

A spouse includes another person who: you were in a relationship with that was registered under a prescribed state or territory law. although not legally married to you, lived with you on a genuine domestic basis in a relationship as a couple.

  • Confused 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, jimn said:

Read this that I posted earlier and click the link under 3.2

 

https://thaiembdc.org/2020/06/24/29717/

So that said to be Married Right? Now read the news from yesterday and today they say Spouse. 

That's why I posted my reply Before.  :wai: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, digger70 said:

// A spouse includes another person who: you were in a relationship with that was registered under a prescribed state or territory law. although not legally married to you, lived with you on a genuine domestic basis in a relationship as a couple.

Is it your own definition ? :unsure:

 

Cambridge : a person's husband or wife

Collins : Someone's spouse is the person they are married to

Dictionary : either member of a married pair in relation to the other; one's husband or wife

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is very confusing.


My partner (Thai national) needs to go home to Thailand to pick up her daughter, so she needs to get permission from the Thai embassy and only 200 people a day?

 

I am seeing flights available on sky scanner to leave Aus to bkk so are these flights just going to be cancelled or are they legit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kks88 said:

This is very confusing.


My partner (Thai national) needs to go home to Thailand to pick up her daughter, so she needs to get permission from the Thai embassy and only 200 people a day?

 

I am seeing flights available on sky scanner to leave Aus to bkk so are these flights just going to be cancelled or are they legit?

Contact the Thai Embassy or Consulate near you and enquire about a Certificate of Entry. I know there is a ban on Australian citizens leaving Australia, not sure about foreign citizens. If she does manage to leave she will have to do 14 days state quarantine in Thailand. But even then she will have almost zero chance of getting back into Australia. Good luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, digger70 said:

Yes it maybe so. but it says Spouse Right? 

A spouse includes another person who was registered under a prescribed state or territory law.  

Is your spouseship registered according to Thai law ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NeoDinosaw said:

Is your spouseship registered according to Thai law ?

 

Wouldn't you like to know hey. 

 

The provincial Family Law Act defines spouse as including married spouses and unmarried couples, provided that the unmarried couple has lived together in a "marriage-like relationship" for at least two years, or lived together for less than two years if they have had a child. Because the federal Divorce Act only applies to married spouses, all of the rules that apply when unmarried relationships end are found in the Family Law Act.

This section talks about qualifying as unmarried spouses, the consequences of being in a spousal relationship, and unmarried spouses' entitlement to government benefits. This section also talks about the legal issues involved when a relationship breaks down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Is it your own definition ? :unsure:

 

Cambridge : a person's husband or wife

Collins : Someone's spouse is the person they are married to

Dictionary : either member of a married pair in relation to the other; one's husband or wife

Google :   Living Together or Living Apart. The provincial Family Law Act defines spouse as including married spouses and unmarried couples, provided that the unmarried couple has lived together in a "marriage-like relationship" for at least two years, or lived together for less than two years if they have had a child.   😜

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, vinny41 said:

The issue I see is that you are guessing  and i suspect you are incorrect 

at the moment people in quarantine in Thailand are tested on day 5/6 and day 12/13

worldwide the quarantine time is 14 days so why should it be less for Thailand

Initially, the world took the safe approach of 14 days. It was difficult to determine when a person got infected and when they started showing signs.

Now that we have thousands of people that have been quarantined and tested after 5/6 days and 12/13 days, how many quarantined people tested negative on day 5/6 and positive on day 12/13. But maybe nobody is keeping those statistics.

It was a good initial model based on many unknowns. Now with more data, it would be wise to update the model. The model developed in the early stages of the virus may not still be the best model.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, brianp0803 said:

Initially, the world took the safe approach of 14 days. It was difficult to determine when a person got infected and when they started showing signs.

Now that we have thousands of people that have been quarantined and tested after 5/6 days and 12/13 days, how many quarantined people tested negative on day 5/6 and positive on day 12/13. But maybe nobody is keeping those statistics.

It was a good initial model based on many unknowns. Now with more data, it would be wise to update the model. The model developed in the early stages of the virus may not still be the best model.

 

if the model needs updating it should be done in a controlled environment such as a Who Lab

I am not sure if anyone would accept if the quarantined period was increased to 21 or 28 days 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It seems people are surprised by their "process" being an absolute cluster fahk, and why bother at this point anyway? It's obviously going to be a scheme ran of some sort, until people catch on and they get push back. 

Edited by Starmocihc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2020 at 1:57 AM, fred110 said:

I just tried to mail a postcard to the USA, they refused it. She doesn't know when it will be allowed.

Saw a You Tube video wherein the host (in Austria or Germany I think), was going to ship something to someone in the USA as was usually done and, twice, it was returned refusing delivery.  So the rules are changing everywhere.  It seems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, digger70 said:
13 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Is it your own definition ? :unsure:

 

Cambridge : a person's husband or wife

Collins : Someone's spouse is the person they are married to

Dictionary : either member of a married pair in relation to the other; one's husband or wife

Google :   Living Together or Living Apart. The provincial Family Law Act defines spouse as including married spouses and unmarried couples, provided that the unmarried couple has lived together in a "marriage-like relationship" for at least two years, or lived together for less than two years if they have had a child.   😜

Who cares?... we know what the Thai Government means by ‘Spouse’ - Legally Married with a Marriage Certificate - any discussion beyond that is moot semantics and pointless. 

 

IMO - anyone with ‘ties’ to Thailand should be permitted entry (i.e. Children, Marriage, Retirement Visas, Property owners, those with their Yellow Tambien baan, Pink ID cards, Driving licences, Rental agreements etc)... anything really which shows you call Thailand home.... I see no reason to deny any of these people. 

For some it could be difficult, i.e. those who are ‘non legal’ parents, but a letter of Guarantor from the School or a Doctor could side step that hurdle.... 

 

It could all be made a lot easier for everyone, if those in positions of decision making power even considered it or cared. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Starmocihc said:

It seems people are surprised by their "process" being an absolute cluster fahk, and why bother at this point anyway? It's obviously going to be a scheme ran of some sort, until people catch on and they get push back. 

[and why bother at this point anyway?]

 

Why bother trying to get back to ones family???????  really  ?

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2020 at 7:09 AM, Pattaya46 said:

Outbreak seems a rather big word for

just 19 new cases in the whole China yesterday... :whistling:

 

If you believe that! 🤨

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...