Another 6 groups of foreigners to enter Thailand in July

webfact

On 6/30/2020 at 2:23 PM, unheard said:

I don't think there's a waiting list now as in "really wanna go now but can not get a seat therefore must wait".

Could that statement be interpreted as the flights are reserved exclusively for the Thais, but if there's a spare capacity it could be re-assigned to the returning foreigners?

As I understand the work permit holders are already flying back on the same flights as the repatriating Thai Nationals.

There are approximately 7 flights each month out of LAX.

Each flight carries around 200 seats and they seem to be filling up as normal flights during the normal times - by selecting the flights you like on the date you want.

They don't arbitrarily assign the seats as if there was a waiting list.

They allow the returning Thais to select and book any available flight on the list.

Straight from the e-mail dated 6/25/20:

"Unfortunately, due to the number of Thai citizens that are still in the US,  the repatriation flights are for Thai citizens only at this time. However, you may now submit for the Certificate of Entry (COE).
Please check 
https://thaiembdc.org/visas/  for more information."

44 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

Straight from the e-mail dated 6/25/20:

"Unfortunately, due to the number of Thai citizens that are still in the US,  the repatriation flights are for Thai citizens only at this time. However, you may now submit for the Certificate of Entry (COE).
Please check 
https://thaiembdc.org/visas/  for more information."

Straight from the Thai Consulate in LA - measure for travelers page:

https://thaiconsulatela.org/en/coronavirus_eng/

Please check out the line at the end of the statement (highlighted by me).

Entry procedures for foreigners who are married to/or children of Thai nationals Foreigners who are married to Thai nationals or foreigners who are children of Thai nationals with an urgent need to travel to Thailand.
Applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis, taking into account urgency and humanitarian reasons.
1. At least 15 working days before intended date of travel, the applicant may submit information online.
2. Royal Thai Consulate-General submits documents in 1. to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for approval.
3. If approved, the Royal Thai Consulate-General will inform the applicant to mail the following documents to the Royal Thai Consulate-General in Los Angeles, (Attention: Visa Section)
3.1 Passport
3.2 Two passport-size photographs (2′′x 2′′)
3.3 Visa application form (Download) (if the applicant does not have a valid visa to enter Thailand)
3.4 Declaration Form
3.5 Medical insurance or letter from employer guaranteeing that the insurance company or employer will cover a minimum of 100,000 USD (or equivalent in other currencies) of medical costs incurred by the applicant in Thailand, including medical costs in the event that applicant contracts COVID-19.
3.6 Travel plan (air ticket reservation –please contact the Consular section per Thai nationals’ repatriation flights)

btw, normally chartered flights that operate under an agreement with a government require that a specified minimum of seats  must be filled in order for the flight to happen.

If they fall short - the flight gets cancelled.

I don't claim to know the details and just speculating, but it does seem to be the case that the flow of willing to return Thais is on the down trend and has been that way during the last few weeks.

Also the number of such flights could be easily expanded in the coming weeks and months if there's a demand.

I fail to see why it would be a problem in the absence of the regular flights.

The price of a chartered ticket is double or even triple of what is normally charged for a regular commercial flight.

There should be plenty of available seats for foreigners to board.

At least until they figure out how and when to open up to the regular flights.

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Who cares?... we know what the Thai Government means by ‘Spouse’ - Legally Married with a Marriage Certificate - any discussion beyond that is moot semantics and pointless. 

IMO - anyone with ‘ties’ to Thailand should be permitted entry (i.e. Children, Marriage, Retirement Visas, Property owners, those with their Yellow Tambien baan, Pink ID cards, Driving licences, Rental agreements etc)... anything really which shows you call Thailand home.... I see no reason to deny any of these people. 

For some it could be difficult, i.e. those who are ‘non legal’ parents, but a letter of Guarantor from the School or a Doctor could side step that hurdle.... 

It could all be made a lot easier for everyone, if those in positions of decision making power even considered it or cared. 

Some Expats might Care if they are Stuck outside LOS and have an Extension based on Retirement and Have GF/Kids. 

This was the point that i made , That the government isn't Very considerent (vague) in stating the meaning of Married /Spouse . LOS spouse meaning isn't same as some other countries. 

I agree with you  with what you said with : The Ties to Thailand 100%. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Selatan said:

Why would China lie about that? It's not like they are trying to attract tourists from other countries at the moment.

Loss of face. Big Brother DOESN'T have this under control after all.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

Loss of face. Big Brother DOESN'T have this under control after all.

The ones that are disputing the low figures from China (and maybe Thailand and Malaysia) are using it as a way to hide their faces because of their home countries' incompetence in dealing with the pandemic.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Selatan said:

The ones that are disputing the low figures from China (and maybe Thailand and Malaysia) are using it as a way to hide their faces because of their home countries' incompetence in dealing with the pandemic.

That's a silly comment

I'm from the UK and I am in no doubt about our Governments semi-incomptence in handling this however I am naturally suspicious of the figures being reported especially from China, the same country who denied their was an epidemic in the first place. How can you trust a liar ?!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chelseafan said:

That's a silly comment

I'm from the UK and I am in no doubt about our Governments semi-incomptence in handling this however I am naturally suspicious of the figures being reported especially from China, the same country who denied their was an epidemic in the first place. How can you trust a liar ?!

Are you dead sure China is the source of the outbreak? If China is unsure of its origin, how would that be considered as lying? That's why in the recent World Health Assembly, China agreed to an international investigation of all possible source countries, not China alone. But the US and Australia only wants China to be investigated, with the US not agreeing to the resolution supported by China and breaking off ties with the WHO, possibly to avoid getting investigated.

The first place that discovered an outbreak, very often, are found NOT to be the origin of the outbreak. In Malaysia, we have a new virus (Nipah) named after the village that first detected the outbreak. But researchers later found that the virus did not originate from there but too bad the name got stuck.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Selatan said:

Are you dead sure China is the source of the outbreak? If China is unsure of its origin, how would that be considered as lying? That's why in the recent World Health Assembly, China agreed to an international investigation of all possible source countries, not China alone. But the US and Australia only wants China to be investigated, with the US not agreeing to the resolution supported by China and breaking off ties with the WHO, possibly to avoid getting investigated.

The first place that discovered an outbreak, very often, are found NOT to be the origin of the outbreak. In Malaysia, we have a new virus (Nipah) named after the village that first detected the outbreak. But researchers later found that the virus did not originate from there but too bad the name got stuck.

Yeah it's Wuhan! All available evidence, theories and facts point to China and Wuhan.

Whether this was a natural occurance of not is another debate.

Of course China agreed to an investigation, what has it to lose ?

p.s You can use "dead sure" as much as you like, in the same way I am "dead sure" that there isn't a planet made out of peanut butter

17 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

Yeah it's Wuhan! All available evidence, theories and facts point to China and Wuhan.

Whether this was a natural occurance of not is another debate.

Of course China agreed to an investigation, what has it to lose ?

p.s You can use "dead sure" as much as you like, in the same way I am "dead sure" that there isn't a planet made out of peanut butter

There are indications that the virus already existed in Italy, France and the US before the discovery in Wuhan at the end of December last year. Many people in the US and Europe had complained on social media that they had suffered from something terrible last year but doctors couldn't figure what were the causes.

Exhuming bodies of suspect pneumonia cases last year for testing is a simple way to figure out if the virus has been around for some time before the Wuhan outbreak.

On 6/29/2020 at 8:27 AM, Berti said:

The daily confusion.

They only now expand alternative state quarantine. I heard hotel owners are desperate because nobody can tell them how to become a quarantine hotel.

Quarantine hotel is easy, people just have to stay in their rooms, food / bedding etc is left outside the door for 'guests'.

Any positive cases that occur are removed and then taken to an isolation hotel with other positive cases and vitals are monitored daily, if sever symptoms are shown they'll be taken to a hospital.

On 7/1/2020 at 7:28 PM, jimn said:

Contact the Thai Embassy or Consulate near you and enquire about a Certificate of Entry. I know there is a ban on Australian citizens leaving Australia, not sure about foreign citizens. If she does manage to leave she will have to do 14 days state quarantine in Thailand. But even then she will have almost zero chance of getting back into Australia. Good luck

She will have no trouble getting back into Australia it’s more getting to Thailand. It is a pretty unique situation as the people looking after her daughter in Thailand (partners dad and sister) both died within 6 weeks of each other so she needs to pick up her up asap. She also has our daughter in Aus so no government is going to keep them apart

Edited by Kks88

5 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:
On 6/30/2020 at 4:48 AM, fred110 said:

You can get a covid test within 72 hours of flying. If you're negative you can fly,

You can get a CV test with results a lot quicker than 72 hours.

Can you? where?  With the Certificate?

There are different types of Covid-19 tests in the UK

1) NHS Covid-19 test (hospital or Drive through)

2) Covid-19 Abbott IgG laboratory antibody test (quick results - within the hour)

3) Covid-19 IgG/IgM Rapid antibody test (results with 24 hrs)

4) Covid-19 PCR Test (results within 48-72 hrs) This test is required for Travel.

Item 1 is a test carried out if you are admitted to hospital or at a 'Drive through' Covid-19 testing facility. Tests are taken and processed, you will only be notified if your test is positive. The assumption is, if no one contacts you, your result was negative. 

Items 2 and 3 are not tests for Covid-19 they are tests to check if someone has had covid. 

Item 4 is a Covid-19 Test need for travel and is either taken with a home test kit and sent off to a lab. Or taken at a Private Clinic.

If taking A PCR test at home, a Test can be ordered through a Clinic and mailed to your house. You take the swab as instructed, then mail the test to the Lab. The Lab contacts the Clinic with the Results. A Doctor at the Clinic e-mails you a Covid-19 Negative Certificate: This is very dependant of the efficiency of the post. 

If taking a PCR test at a clinic, the process is the same, but you miss out the uncertainty of timing with the post. 

With some clinics it is also possible to take the PCR test with a Courier. The Courier brings the test to your house. You take the test, the courier returns the test to the Clinic who process the test and return the results to you. 

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Can you? where?  With the Certificate?

There are different types of Covid-19 tests in the UK

1) NHS Covid-19 test (hospital or Drive through)

2) Covid-19 Abbott IgG laboratory antibody test (quick results - within the hour)

3) Covid-19 IgG/IgM Rapid antibody test (results with 24 hrs)

4) Covid-19 PCR Test (results within 48-72 hrs) This test is required for Travel.

Item 1 is a test carried out if you are admitted to hospital or at a 'Drive through' Covid-19 testing facility. Tests are taken and processed, you will only be notified if your test is positive. The assumption is, if no one contacts you, your result was negative. 

Items 2 and 3 are not tests for Covid-19 they are tests to check if someone has had covid. 

Item 4 is a Covid-19 Test need for travel and is either taken with a home test kit and sent off to a lab. Or taken at a Private Clinic.

If taking A PCR test at home, a Test can be ordered through a Clinic and mailed to your house. You take the swab as instructed, then mail the test to the Lab. The Lab contacts the Clinic with the Results. A Doctor at the Clinic e-mails you a Covid-19 Negative Certificate: This is very dependant of the efficiency of the post. 

If taking a PCR test at a clinic, the process is the same, but you miss out the uncertainty of timing with the post. 

With some clinics it is also possible to take the PCR test with a Courier. The Courier brings the test to your house. You take the test, the courier returns the test to the Clinic who process the test and return the results to you. 

Yes you can / clinics / with certificate

You're wrong about drive throughs, they will send you a text to confirm negative also.

Item 4 is the one you'd need, clinics do it, £300 for 24 hour results.