Another 6 groups of foreigners to enter Thailand in July

webfact

3 minutes ago, ExpatOne said:

It’s enough to cause them to lock down over 400,000 of their own in China...but not good enough to keep them from coming here? 

Pure BS and fear propaganda again. Nobody said that people from Beijing would be allowed to travel in Thailand if she was open to tourism right now !

In fact China would not authorized them to go, and Thailand several times said it would not be a "one authorisation for the whole China", but a few cities or provinces could be temporary excluded.

3 minutes ago, ExpatOne said:

We’re talking China, it’s best to watch how they act, not what they report.

China knows how to control it.

Best to look at what will happen in the Americas :unsure: ... IMHO.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, ftpjtm said:

Are all persons from all of these groups required to do a 14 day quarantine at a government facility?

Is the reason you had the first post because you didn't bother to read it properly?

"The special arrangement will initially allow entry to 200 foreigners per day. That number will increase when more alternative state quarantine (ASQ) rooms are made available." 

Edited by sambum

3 hours ago, ebean001 said:

can someone tell me why...If testing works, why not open the country to everyone? Test before they leave. test when they arrive or whatever makes sense. i am applying simple logic. i am frustrated to read what they can do vs what they actually can do...:(

Makes sense to me, even asymptomatic people test positive. It doesn't make any sense at all to exclude any country if your testing everyone before flying. Also, I believe quarantine also applies so it makes it even more ridiculous to not allow all countries to fly to Thailand. There is probably some stupid reason that makes no sense as is most often the case in Thailand.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Magenta408 said:

I guess retirement visas are no longer vogue? No one is interested?

My retirement visa is valid until August 4th. Do I have to apply for it completely from scratch if I do not manage to enter Thailand by then?

Myself, my Thai partner of 6 years and our 5 year old are ‘stranded’ in the U.K. her Visa expires thefirst week in September, would we qualify for repatriation, we have a rented house in Pattaya, I have a copy of the rental contract with me.I have emailed the Thai Embassy twice but they havn’t replied.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

11. Foreigners who are allowed to enter Thailand as per special arrangements.

Do this apply to foreigners who donating a brown envelope at the immigration arrival desk?

Edited by bander
correction
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Myself, my Thai partner of 6 years and our 5 year old are ‘stranded’ in the U.K. her Visa expires thefirst week in September, would we qualify for repatriation, we have a rented house in Pattaya, I have a copy of the rental contract with me.I have emailed the Thai Embassy twice but they havn’t replied.

Have you tried a brown envelope who thai officials seems to appreciate? 

4 hours ago, david555 said:

Curious to know:  could it be obtained at airport of departure , as that looks the most official and difficult to refused by airline  against one from any unknown doctor …?

No, airports do not issue this. You get it from a doctor familiar with your health.

Historically it has been issued for people who have been recently ill, or are pregnant etc.  It doesn't really make any particular sense to require of people in usual state of health and certainly does not accomplish anything.

but any doctor can issue it. It just attests to the fact that you do not have any health condition that would make it unsafe for you to fly.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Any Thai national qualifies and many have been repatriated.

If you are not married to her, you might nto qualify yourself as not a spouse.

Rental contracts are irrelevant.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Expat Tom said:

Complete silliness. Why would anyone in their right mind welcome ANY Chinese back. The virus came from China along with the Asian flu, Hong Kong flu, SAARS, Bird Flu, Swine flu...should I go on?

Over 100 countries in the world  have condemned the CCP (China) for lying about the Wuhan Coronavirus and the leaders of Thailand accept the lies from the CCP about their control of said virus? Of course, Thailand knows more than over 100 combined countries. There have been over 3 million cases in China. The only reason that Thailand is allowing the Chinese back  is serious support within the corrupt government of Thailand for the country to become a vassal state of China. Lots of money must be changing hands somewhere. This is the result of what the country gets when it is led by a general who led a coup against the elected government, said that he had no interest in becoming the country's leader, promised a return civilian control within 6 months, moved to change the constitution to pack the government with unelected military officers, prevented open campaigning against him, banned opposition political parties and is STILL IN POWER YEARS AFTER LEADING THE COUP???? Democracy? That is a Western concept and not an Asian one.

Again, There must be big money changing hands somewhere. 

God save Thailand.    

6 hours ago, hioctane said:

Stop with the silly racist <deleted>! ????

You must have some special understanding of English language if you read that as racist

Pretty much everything "Expat Tom" said is true/factual with the exception of Swine Flu which originated in US and the 3m cases of Covid in China as no one knows the true numbers due tot he CCP coverup. 

• Like 1

How about people who are already here on marriage visas that need to do a 90 day border run? Will I have to go across the bridge at nong khai then 30 minutes later come back in and do a 14 day quarantine??? Seems ridiculous since I've been here in Thailand throughout this entire crisis. I have a job here and a workpermit. I cant afford 2 weeks not earning on top of the already 3 months. 

7 minutes ago, pops1 said:

How about people who are already here on marriage visas that need to do a 90 day border run? Will I have to go across the bridge at nong khai then 30 minutes later come back in and do a 14 day quarantine??? Seems ridiculous since I've been here in Thailand throughout this entire crisis. I have a job here and a workpermit. I cant afford 2 weeks not earning on top of the already 3 months. 

Land borders are not open.

So no "border runs" possible for anyone. only small number if opre-secreened foreigners sleected through overseas embassies being allowed in by air on special flights.

There is an amnesty on overstays in effect through end of July and this may get extended.,

You might be able to get an incountry extension of stay based on marriage to a Thai - suiggest you post in the Visa forum.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, pops1 said:

The land borders are not open yet.  When they do, presumably a decision regarding the quarantine requirements for visa/border runners will be announced.

• Like 1

I'm in the minority here. I think Thai schools should be trialed for a month. If they are not forced to close due to Covid outbreaks, then slowly allow some of these deserving folks in--no tourists! And certainly not 30,000 medical tourists. That smells like a fat, red envelope to somebody with stars & bars!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

The land borders are not open yet.  When they do, presumably a decision regarding the quarantine requirements for visa/border runners will be announced.

Waiting for this to all iron itself out is causing me anxiety 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Vivek wardhan bandi said:

Can anyone tell me, I have visa and workpermit till August 2020, and in India still thai consulate is not opened, how incan come to Thailand, and I have to take permission from thai consulate 1st, how is the system, and how to take 100000 $ insurance of covid 19, pls suggest I am from Hyderabad,  India 

Refer to following. Last week there was a link for people married to Thais.

Applications have to be made on line. There will be no further repatriation flights for Thais (by the way).

http://newdelhi.thaiembassy.org/en/2020/06/standard-procedure-for-wp-holders/

9 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Land borders are not open.

So no "border runs" possible for anyone. only small number if opre-secreened foreigners sleected through overseas embassies being allowed in by air on special flights.

There is an amnesty on overstays in effect through end of July and this may get extended.,

You might be able to get an incountry extension of stay based on marriage to a Thai - suiggest you post in the Visa forum.

Thanks for your input. I home they just extend the amnesty or give me an extension of stay. Its giving me a headache.

On 6/29/2020 at 7:06 PM, anterian said:

to become a quarantine hotel you provide the appropriate size envelope to the immigration police, surely any Thai would know this. 

It's actually organized and administered by the Thai Health ministry.

21 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

No, but nor does it say whether the flight ban is lifted and that incoming flights can land.  It doesn't specifically refer to any type of entry, and there many people stranded across the border in Laos and other neighbouring countries, who meet the conditions referred to in the 6 groups (including my wife and son!).

Hopefully, things will be clarified further tomorrow.

The information has been put out by CAAT and only pertains to people that can travel by air. It is up to immigration who can cross borders, including the airport.

Some amendment would need to be made to the emergency decree and I gather that should happen today.

caat300620.jpg

8 hours ago, YetAnother said:

prime accelerant for second wave of virus

I am not even sure Thailand has had much of the more infectious strain of COVID-19 on it's shores yet, that would be a game changer if it was allowed to spread 

8 hours ago, fred110 said:

Because Taiwan is disliked by China

Because China considers Taiwan to be a part of China. Any listing that infers that Taiwan is a separate country would anger the Chinese government and party officials. Although it seems to be OK to put Hong Kong and Macau as separate entities on lists.