Another 6 groups of foreigners to enter Thailand in July

webfact

1 minute ago, unheard said:

It's more like the already flying on the limited bases airlines servicing the repatriation flights will probably be allowed to increase  the frequency of those flights and process them on their own without extra policing from the Thai embassy staff.

e.g. the repatriation flights leaving from LAX are Eva Air, Cathay Pacific, JAL

There are a very few repatriation flights left. That's why they start with the 11 groups,but according to news today, they haven't really decided if all 11 groups will be accepted from a few (at the moment) high risk countries. Forget about tourists and expats with extensions based on retirement. Even "travel bubbles" are questioned at the moment. 

3 minutes ago, unheard said:

Clearly does in the case being discussed on this thread.

Yes it maybe so. but it says Spouse Right? 

A spouse includes another person who: you were in a relationship with that was registered under a prescribed state or territory law. although not legally married to you, lived with you on a genuine domestic basis in a relationship as a couple. 

7 minutes ago, digger70 said:

You Are a Spouse even just living together.  

A spouse includes another person who: you were in a relationship with that was registered under a prescribed state or territory law. although not legally married to you, lived with you on a genuine domestic basis in a relationship as a couple.

I don't think that definition for a "spouse" meets the requirements at Immigration in Thailand. A gf is a gf and a wife is a wife. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, digger70 said:

Yes it maybe so. but it says Spouse Right? 

No one here argues the philosophical aspect of the term "spouse" and it's of no importance in this case..

The Ministry of foreign affairs wants to see the marriage certificate, period.

Cause that's the only document that can prove you being married in legal terms.

They don't care about anything else.

• Thanks 1

Only registered marriages entered into the marriage register (section 1457) are recognized as legal and valid marriages in Thailand

Section 1457 (Civil and Commercial Code): Marriage under this Code shall be effected only on registration being made.
Section 1458 (Civil and Commercial Code): A marriage can take place only if the man and woman agree to take each other as husband and wife, and such agreement must be declared publicly before the Registrar in order to have it recorded by the (marriage) Registrar.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

It has always been the case that once a visa expires, it expires.

Ditto permissions of stay ( which is more likely what the poster meant).

The present amnesty is for people who are in Thailand as tourists or other category of stay which expires while they are in Thailand...and the amnesty is for being on overstay. There has been no provision nor discussion of any provision for extending visa valudity or re entry permit validity of people cutrwntly not in Thailand an people in that situation seeking to return have all been told to apply for new visa.

Which is not all that much harder than getting an extension of stay in country, in terms of requirements.

Fair enough you may well be correct, but nothing stopping them doing something separate for those unable to come back to Thailand to renew their extensions of stay.

2 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

I don't think that definition for a "spouse" meets the requirements at Immigration in Thailand. A gf is a gf and a wife is a wife. 

No Kidding, why do they Say Spouse Than?  A spouse is a Spouse  one doesn't have to by Married to be a Spouse!

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, digger70 said:

No Kidding, why do they Say Spouse Than?  A spouse is a Spouse  one doesn't have to by Married to be a Spouse!

You are applying a Western definition. This is Thailand and by Spouse they mean officially married.

Edited by jimn
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, unheard said:

No one here argues the philosophical aspect of the term "spouse" and it's of no importance in this case..

The Ministry of foreign affairs wants to see the marriage certificate, period.

Cause that's the only document that can prove you being married in legal terms.

They don't care about anything else.

Well now they didn't say that they wanted to see  a Marriage certificate ,All they stated that one had to have a Spouse Right? Some Expats Do have a Spouse and Not Being Married . Right? 

Clear as Mud don't you Think? 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, flyingfox1 said:

I’ve lived in Thailand 6 yrs In the same home with same Thai gf and have the 800.00 as required in bank plus the retirement type visa , do I fit in to any of these equations? 

No

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jimn said:

You are applying a Western definition. This is Thailand and by Spouse they mean officially married.

They never said that. If that is so they should say so that one Has to be Married  . What are we, Mind Readers ?

5 minutes ago, jimn said:

And not a universal Western definition at that.

Legal definition of spouse varies by country.

Just think how hard it would be to pull all this off as a US person wanting to visit his spouse (which I think means legally  married  not just a Mooban wedding) and considering time changes, possible flight delays, language barriers. 

I have to contact Thailand embassy, get on the list, get initial ok, then book flights and quarantine room, show thai embassy this and fit to fly, get final approval.  all in 72 hours?  no way Jose!  as we call the impossible.  

Schedule  a covid test  72 hours before flight time with results taking 2-5 days or more. positive tests are called  first. Maybe they mean get test results prior to Doctors appointment so test maybe 7-10 days old prior to boarding.  Free tests are ending today end of June in Utah is what I read  but I cant find the link. my Buddy was charged 1900$ for a  covid test prior to a surgery he had.  PcR testing isnt free.  I h as ve not heard of 4 hour tests but that's what the World needs amd lots of them. Test everyone like China van do.

Im guessing doctor will cost 150 $ for a fit to fly letter.  Are airlines letting people cancel  free?  Or do we have to book the much more expensive cancelable flights?  

Even if I had married the GF I don't think I would be planning a visit till mid 2021.  Our best best is she get her K1 visa in quarter 1, that we started in Feb.  I figure 4 months delay  as of now.  Hope the Bkk embassy opens for interviews soon. 

UPDATE: for those that  dont read the news: Case numbers are rising  quickly in many countries.  Thailand is in this Magical bubble.  Somehow.  I TV think som tom or genetics?  

USA is just now growing cases fast at over 40,000 per day.  How do we have 25% of the World's cases but only 5% of the population?  I guess the people I thought,    are this stupid. 

oh and Dr Fauci doubts the  USA will ever get herd immunity since 25% are antivaxers. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fauci-warns-us-unlikely-to-reach-herd-immunity-if-many-americans-refuse-vaccine/ar-BB166iTk

And the scary inference here is he will be happy if the vaccine protects 70%.  I think that means  there are any versions  of this virus?  Sire hope Thailand doesn't get the European strain  like NYC  did. 

Edited by Elkski

I am curious about this 2 week quarantine period.  Now that its been going on for a long time, are there any statistics from all the people that went into quarantine that were initially negative and after longer than 7 days developed symptoms and a positive coronavirus result?

I am wondering if a 1 week quarantine period would find 99% of the infected people.  

The cost of quarantine is one factor, but 2 weeks locked up in a room is also difficult and occupies rooms for a long time.

If a shorter quarantine period was effective in finding infected people, then this would create more spaces and allow people to arrive at a higher rate.  I fear the limited number of quarantine rooms will lengthen the time people must wait to return to Thailand.  It seems many people develop fevers just on the flight to Thailand - maybe 7 days is long enough and will speed the possible return to Thailand

I have received all the info from the London Embassy, I think I will be waiting a but longer as the costs to me are prohibitive.

1) A Fit to Fly Certicate.

2) A Covid19 Test both 72 hours prior to flying.

3) $100k Health Insurance Policy to cover Covid19.

You advised not to book flights until a decision is made, you book your ASQ hotel from the list provided a again not until a decision has been made, the hotels start at 32000 baht per night per person, not cheap.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/contents/filemanager/document/List of ASQ Hotels 26062020.pdf

2 hours ago, digger70 said:

They never said that. If that is so they should say so that one Has to be Married  . What are we, Mind Readers ?

I don't know from which country you are, but as a non native speaker in English I always learned that Spouse implies mariage...??

First replies from Google all give a similar US definition:

Spouse Law and Legal DefinitionSpouse means a married person. It can be person's lawfully married husband or wife. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, brianp0803 said:

I am curious about this 2 week quarantine period.  Now that its been going on for a long time, are there any statistics from all the people that went into quarantine that were initially negative and after longer than 7 days developed symptoms and a positive coronavirus result?

I am wondering if a 1 week quarantine period would find 99% of the infected people.  

The cost of quarantine is one factor, but 2 weeks locked up in a room is also difficult and occupies rooms for a long time.

If a shorter quarantine period was effective in finding infected people, then this would create more spaces and allow people to arrive at a higher rate.  I fear the limited number of quarantine rooms will lengthen the time people must wait to return to Thailand.  It seems many people develop fevers just on the flight to Thailand - maybe 7 days is long enough and will speed the possible return to Thailand

Why even a week ? only a few days is needed.

People are having a Covid-19 test before flying.

Test people on arrival and quarantine them in a hotel for a 24-48 hours until a negative result is observed. 

These arrivals can then be released to go home / holiday or whatever their plans are.

Of course, its possible some of these arrivals can go on to develop Covid-19 - but what are the chances of that. 

A Fit to Fly certificate outlines that someone has not been exposed to anyone with Covid-19 symptoms for the past two weeks. It outlines that the traveller has no symptoms. A pre-flight Covid-19 test confirms a negative case and a test on arrival also confirms a negative case - What are the odds of this person actually having Covid-19 a week later? minuscule.

Thailands attempt to make the procedures not only water tight, but air tight, kneecap common sense. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Elkski said:

Just think how hard it would be to pull all this off as a US person wanting to visit his spouse (which I think means legally  married  not just a Mooban wedding) and considering time changes, possible flight delays, language barriers. 

I have to contact Thailand embassy, get on the list, get initial ok, then book flights and quarantine room, show thai embassy this and fit to fly, get final approval.  all in 72 hours?  no way Jose!  as we call the impossible.  

Schedule  a covid test  72 hours before flight time with results taking 2-5 days or more. positive tests are called  first. Maybe they mean get test results prior to Doctors appointment so test maybe 7-10 days old prior to boarding.  Free tests are ending today end of June in Utah is what I read  but I cant find the link. my Buddy was charged 1900$ for a  covid test prior to a surgery he had.  PcR testing isnt free.  I h as ve not heard of 4 hour tests but that's what the World needs amd l

How about discussing facts and not some baseless speculations?

The U.S. embassy was the first one to post a clear and easy to fill out online application that was directly linked to the Ministry of foreign affairs.

Just fill it out and click to submit. How much more simple can it get?

Initially you don't have to provide any test results, paid flight ticket confirmations or fit to fly certificates which are required only after you receive an approval (as confirmed by the Embassy in DC).

Test results can be obtained fairly quickly.

Depending on the county rapid tests are becoming more and more available with results issued after just 20 mins.

And majority of tests are free.

Where is it published that the tests are not free anymore? I wanna see a link.

Edited by unheard

34 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I have received all the info from the London Embassy, I think I will be waiting a but longer as the costs to me are prohibitive.

1) A Fit to Fly Certicate.

2) A Covid19 Test both 72 hours prior to flying.

3) $100k Health Insurance Policy to cover Covid19.

You advised not to book flights until a decision is made, you book your ASQ hotel from the list provided a again not until a decision has been made, the hotels start at 32000 baht per night per person, not cheap.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/contents/filemanager/document/List of ASQ Hotels 26062020.pdf

I made an error the cheapest is 32000 per person for a 14 day stay in hotel, not per night.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, davemos said:

The CAAT is prolonging its reason of existance.Maybe they're job to restructure after the devastation of lockdown ?

Dont you mean the CCSA (Centre for Covid Situation Administration). CAAT is Thailands Civil Aviation Authority Thailand which has been around a while. CCSA was only just recently created.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2020 at 2:08 PM, unheard said:

The embassies and consulates are not in charge, the ministry of foreign affairs is.

Your chance of getting any answer out of embassies and consulates is very slim at the moment.

The final details and processes are still being finalized by the ministry.

You are correct.

Embassies are asking for us to obtain some permission from Thailand!

10 minutes ago, mjakob007 said:
On 6/29/2020 at 2:08 PM, unheard said:

The embassies and consulates are not in charge, the ministry of foreign affairs is.

Your chance of getting any answer out of embassies and consulates is very slim at the moment.

The final details and processes are still being finalized by the ministry.

You are correct.

Embassies are asking for us to obtain some permission from Thailand!

There seems to be some inconsistency between the information sent out from different embassies.

The Thai Embassy in the UK has provided a list of 8 different items to apply for the Certificate of Entry 

1) Copy of Passport

2) Proof of Marriage to Thai wife

3) Covid-Free Health Certificate (Fit to Fly)*

4) Health Insurance covering Covid19 at least 100,000 us dollars

5) Covid test*

6) Flight Ticket

7) Alternative State Booking*

8 ) Declaration form of consent to be quarantined for 14 days

It makes sense to me that the items listed in red are required for checking in to the flight.

It seems pointless to have the items highlighted in red for the Application for the Certificate of Entry. 

IMO - it makes sense that the Certificate of Entry is permission for the applicant to enter Thailand from the MFO and falls within the 6 categories (i.e. Spouse - with a Marriage certificate). 

Why they didn’t also include those on a Retirement Visa or Elite Visa is beyond me. 

I’m going to try and apply but with out the Covid-19 test and Fit to Fly Documents (items 3 & 5 in the list) and see how I get along. I will provide Confirmation of Covid-19 Test Appointment (3 days before the planned travel day).

The Cheapest quote I’ve had in the UK for the Covid-19 Test and certificate is £205

There are ‘Free Covid-19’ test facilities in the UK (Drive through) - but the do not offer any certificate and only contact you back if you are positive for Covid-19. 

Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 18.17.22.png

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thanks 1