Another 6 groups of foreigners to enter Thailand in July

webfact

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

There seems to be some inconsistency between the information sent out from different embassies.

The Thai Embassy in the UK has provided a list of 8 different items to apply for the Certificate of Entry 

1) Copy of Passport

2) Proof of Marriage to Thai wife

3) Covid-Free Health Certificate (Fit to Fly)*

4) Health Insurance covering Covid19 at least 100,000 us dollars

5) Covid test*

6) Flight Ticket

7) Alternative State Booking*

8 ) Declaration form of consent to be quarantined for 14 days

It makes sense to me that the items listed in red are required for checking in to the flight.

It seems pointless to have the items highlighted in red for the Application for the Certificate of Entry. 

IMO - it makes sense that the Certificate of Entry is permission for the applicant to enter Thailand from the MFO and falls within the 6 categories (i.e. Spouse - with a Marriage certificate). 

Why they didn’t also include those on a Retirement Visa or Elite Visa is beyond me. 

I’m going to try and apply but with out the Covid-19 test and Fit to Fly Documents (items 3 & 5 in the list) and see how I get along. I will provide Confirmation of Covid-19 Test Appointment (3 days before the planned travel day).

The Cheapest quote I’ve had in the UK for the Covid-19 Test and certificate is £205

There are ‘Free Covid-19’ test facilities in the UK (Drive through) - but the do not offer any certificate and only contact you back if you are positive for Covid-19. 

Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 18.17.22.png

You can app.y withhout any tests and any bookings, they recommend you don’t if they say yes you then have to make the bookings also for the quarantine hotel as well. 

23 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

You can app.y without any tests and any bookings, they recommend you don’t if they say yes you then have to make the bookings also for the quarantine hotel as well. 

I hope so. 

I don’t mind making bookings for the ASQ and the flights as they can be rebooked free of charge. 

But to book the ASQ, they need proof of the flight bookings !!! 

Question: Emirates have flights into Thailand from 13th July - is this just Emirates hedging their bets that these flights will be permitted to operate?

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I hope so. 

I don’t mind making bookings for the ASQ and the flights as they can be rebooked free of charge. 

Are you certain flights can be rebooked? I heard that if you book flights these days, there are no refunds.

This is one factor making me cautious about booking anything.

5 hours ago, Max69xl said:

There are a very few repatriation flights left. That's why they start with the 11 groups,but according to news today, they haven't really decided if all 11 groups will be accepted from a few (at the moment) high risk countries. Forget about tourists and expats with extensions based on retirement. Even "travel bubbles" are questioned at the moment. 

The Embassy here in the US has stated (in an e-mail to me) repatriation flight seats from the US are available only to Thai citizens period.  They are way backed up trying to get citizens home.  I have to find my own flight home to the family once the dust settles on really how it is done.  I'll look at it again about the end of July beginning August.

Edited by DrPhibes
Content

16 hours ago, unheard said:

Permit for passenger aircraft will be given by the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand for flying over, flying into or out of,  and taking  off or landing at an international airport in the Kingdom only if the passengers or persons on board are one of the following categories:

(1) Thai nationals

(2) Persons with exemption or persons being considered, permitted or invited by the Prime Minister,or the head of responsible persons accountable for resolving  state  of  emergency  issues to  enter  the  Kingdom,  as  necessary. Such consideration, permission  or  invitation  may  be  subject  to  specified conditions and time limits.

(3) Non-Thai nationals who are a spouse, parents, or children of a Thai national.

(4) Non-Thai nationals who hold a valid certificate of residence, or permission to take up residence in the Kingdom

(5) Non-Thai nationals who hold a valid work permit or are allowed to work in the Kingdom, including their spouse or children.

(6) Carriers of necessary goods, subject to immediate return after completion.

(7) Crew members who are required to travel into the Kingdom on a mission, and have a specified date and time for return.

(8) Non-Thai nationals who are students of educational institutions approved by Thai authorities, including the parents or guardians of the students.

(9) Non-Thai nationals who are in need of medical treatment in Thailand, and their  attendants.  However, this shall  not include medical  treatment for COVID–19.

(10) Individuals in diplomatic missions, consular affairs, international organizations, government   representatives,   foreign   government   agencies   working   in Thailand,  or  individual  in  other  international  agencies  as  permitted  by  the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, including their spouse, parents, or children.

(11) Non-Thai nationals who are permitted to enter the Kingdom under a special arrangement with a foreign country.

Aircraft  and  passengers  or persons entering  the  Kingdom must comply with the conditions, time limits and rules of the authorized persons under the Thai immigration law, communicable diseases law, air navigation law, and the Emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situation in force, for prevention of the disease and the  organization  of  the number  of  persons entering Thailand  in  accordance  with  the screening capability of the competent officers or the communicable disease control officers, and the arrangement of quarantine facilities.

Thats a big blow to retirement visa holders and Thailand elite visa holders.

i read on a blog that Elite visa/PE visa was more of a glorified tourist visa. However its referred to as

“Simply Extraordinary Country Residency Program

Crafted For Friends of Thailand”

Big Disappointment to PE visa holders..

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

Seems to be the solution to anything in Thailand, a miracle envelope you might call it. if you want to be fully qualified from a Thai university, easy peasy. Fancy murdering your enemy? no problem. You want top job in the Police, it's yours. Build a house on restricted land, crack on... How about get pis**d and off your t*ts, drive your Ferrari like a maniac, plough down a copper and drag the guys corpse down the road and enjoy an extended holiday whilst it blows over.. that too is completely possible with an envelope of appropriate size. ????

You are gone overboard about Thai universitues with your typical low class farang oversimplified  mentality.

what about that there are many corrupted Australian, UK ,USA universities that Thai people called if-you-make-full-payment- graduation-gauranteed , especially in the UK And Aus. This situation are well known among international students around the world.

Large multinational companies in Thailand prefered Top-to- middle-ranking Thai universities graduates more than anything eles. If the applicants graduated from overseas, they must be from the very Top ranking institutes only like Australia's Group of 8 or American Ivy Leauge, other than that will be considered low credits or disqualified.

Most of  Thai companies makes black lists for the graduates from those  corrupted Aus, UK Uni. For example multinational companies like  Thai EY, PWC, KPMG make this list.

Hope this will open up your tiny mind na typical farang.

Edited by Ratchsima
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

The Embassy here in the US has stated (in an e-mail to me) repatriation flight seats from the US are available only to Thai citizens period.

They are way backed up trying to get citizens home.

I don't think there's a waiting list now as in "really wanna go now but can not get a seat therefore must wait".

Could that statement be interpreted as the flights are reserved exclusively for the Thais, but if there's a spare capacity it could be re-assigned to the returning foreigners?

As I understand the work permit holders are already flying back on the same flights as the repatriating Thai Nationals.

There are approximately 7 flights each month out of LAX.

Each flight carries around 200 seats and they seem to be filling up as normal flights during the normal times - by selecting the flights you like on the date you want.

They don't arbitrarily assign the seats as if there was a waiting list.

They allow the returning Thais to select and book any available flight on the list.

Edited by unheard

4 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Are you certain flights can be rebooked? I heard that if you book flights these days, there are no refunds.

This is one factor making me cautious about booking anything.

I’m holding the return leg of an Emirates ticket....  (for months) which was booked back in Jan. They are holding it open. Yesterday Emirates was showing flights to Bangkok from 13th June. Today, those flights are no longer available. Emirates have booking availably from June 30th. 

Qatar Airlines have flights, I’m holding a booking for mid June - the are offering flexibility and have been transparent in their announcements. 

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/press-releases/2020/March/NewTravelPolicy.html

Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 23.25.49.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, unheard said:
3 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

The Embassy here in the US has stated (in an e-mail to me) repatriation flight seats from the US are available only to Thai citizens period.

They are way backed up trying to get citizens home.

I don't think there's a waiting list now as in "really wanna go now but can not get a seat therefore must wait".

Could that statement be interpreted as the flights are reserved exclusively for the Thais, but if there's a spare capacity it could be re-assigned to the returning foreigners?

As I understand the work permit holders are already flying back on the same flights as the repatriating Thai Nationals.

There are approximately 7 flights each month out of LAX.

Each flight carries around 200 seats and they seem to be filling up as normal flights during the normal times - by selecting the flights you like on the date you want.

They don't arbitrarily assign the seats as if there was a waiting list.

They allow the returning Thais to select and book any available flight on the list.

Edited 51 minutes ago by unheard

It has been my understanding that Thai’s are going through a slightly different process directly with each countries individual Embassy, whereas us ‘foreigners’ have to receive approval from the MFA, the local Embassy is simply acting as a communication conduit.

For the UK anyway, over the past couple of months: Once Thai’s have been approved to fly (by their local Embassy) they are allocated a seat on a Thai Airways flight.

I’m not sure how this works for countries which have no TG flights, my guess is either no repatriation or a partner airline has been agreed. 

This may be where the confusion exists: Clumsy communication:

Government announces foreign spouses can return from July.

Question is asked: How can I (foreign spouse get home): Embassy answer: You can’t, there is currently scope for Thai’s only to travel back on the repatriation flights. 

2 hours ago, Ratchsima said:
20 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

On 6/29/2020 at 10:06 AM, anterian said:

to become a quarantine hotel you provide the appropriate size envelope to the immigration police, surely any Thai would know this. 

Seems to be the solution to anything in Thailand, a miracle envelope you might call it. if you want to be fully qualified from a Thai university, easy peasy. Fancy murdering your enemy? no problem. You want top job in the Police, it's yours. Build a house on restricted land, crack on... How about get pis**d and off your t*ts, drive your Ferrari like a maniac, plough down a copper and drag the guys corpse down the road and enjoy an extended holiday whilst it blows over.. that too is completely possible with an envelope of appropriate size. ????

You are gone overboard about Thai universitues with your typical low class farang oversimplified  mentality.

what about that there are many corrupted Australian, UK ,USA universities that Thai people called if-you-make-full-payment- graduation-gauranteed , especially in the UK And Aus. This situation are well known among international students around the world.

Large multinational companies in Thailand prefered Top-to- middle-ranking Thai universities graduates more than anything eles. If the applicants graduated from overseas, they must be from the very Top ranking institutes only like Australia's Group of 8 or American Ivy Leauge, other than that will be considered low credits or disqualified.

Most of  Thai companies makes black lists for the graduates from those  corrupted Aus, UK Uni. For example multinational companies like  Thai EY, PWC, KPMG make this list.

Hope this will open up your tiny mind na typical farang.

I like your response [Ratchasima], GAZZPA went on a an unnecessary and inaccurate tirade and your response is accurate - I have many Thai friends who attended these ‘no fail’ university businesses in the UK - they are somewhat of a joke [the university’s] which are nothing more than a money spinner and a bit of paper... 

However, that does not mean that corruption in Thailand is not endemic, deflecting by identifying corruption elsewhere does not make the corruption in Thailand somehow ok. 

This specific facet of the discussion started with the comments that the Quarantine hotels can gain their status as ASQ with a little under the table, brown envelope offering.... 

The moment ASQ’s were announced those involved in the decision making process were rubbing their hands together. It didn’t take long for complaints of corruption to arise. Quite frankly, it was to expected !!! 

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2020/06/01/police-seeking-arrest-of-suspects-for-quarantine-hotel-bribery/

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1166182-defense-ministry-ids-suspects-in-pattaya-quarantine-hotel-corruption-scandal/

Knowing Thai businesses, it would surprise me if any of the ASQ hotels were not giving a kick-back to someone in a position of decision making power !!!! 

image.png

image.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

I like your response [Ratchasima], GAZZPA went on a an unnecessary and inaccurate tirade and your response is accurate - I have many Thai friends who attended these ‘no fail’ university businesses in the UK - they are somewhat of a joke [the university’s] which are nothing more than a money spinner and a bit of paper... 

However, that does not mean that corruption in Thailand is not endemic, deflecting by identifying corruption elsewhere does not make the corruption in Thailand somehow ok. 

This specific facet of the discussion started with the comments that the Quarantine hotels can gain their status as ASQ with a little under the table, brown envelope offering.... 

The moment ASQ’s were announced those involved in the decision making process were rubbing their hands together. It didn’t take long for complaints of corruption to arise. Quite frankly, it was to expected !!! 

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2020/06/01/police-seeking-arrest-of-suspects-for-quarantine-hotel-bribery/

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1166182-defense-ministry-ids-suspects-in-pattaya-quarantine-hotel-corruption-scandal/

Knowing Thai businesses, it would surprise me if any of the ASQ hotels were not giving a kick-back to someone in a position of decision making power !!!! 

image.png

image.png

I was informed in writing by a Thai official in the country where I am that the Covid-19 free and FtF certificates have to be submitted after approval in principle has been granted by MOFA. Then I have to visit the Thai Embassy/Consulate General to show all original documents and receive COE. One of the consular staff stated the same.

I think that the information on Embassy websites, FB, etc has not been as clear as it could have been and a little slow in being available.

I did not ask about ASQ. I chose and paid for a room based on proximity to my residence, comfort, size of room, etc. As I have to work when I am in ASQ my Employer outside Thailand pays for it and they do not ask any questions about the price. They know that I will not slum it and apart from that when I am permitted and can return I don't want the locations that I choose to be fully booked.

I also know a non-Thai who travelled on a repatriation flight for Thais. In the country where I am there are no further repatriation flights due to lack of demand; indeed some Thais want to return but cannot at the moment for obvious reasons.

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Why even a week ? only a few days is needed.

People are having a Covid-19 test before flying.

Test people on arrival and quarantine them in a hotel for a 24-48 hours until a negative result is observed. 

These arrivals can then be released to go home / holiday or whatever their plans are.

Of course, its possible some of these arrivals can go on to develop Covid-19 - but what are the chances of that. 

A Fit to Fly certificate outlines that someone has not been exposed to anyone with Covid-19 symptoms for the past two weeks. It outlines that the traveller has no symptoms. A pre-flight Covid-19 test confirms a negative case and a test on arrival also confirms a negative case - What are the odds of this person actually having Covid-19 a week later? minuscule.

Thailands attempt to make the procedures not only water tight, but air tight, kneecap common sense. 

I agree. 
14 days is insane

7 days very likely extreme 

There should be some statistics by now about the length of time in quarantine before infected people showed symptoms.

My guess is 90% of the time symptoms show in less than 3-5 days

A blood tests for the virus should be accurate within a couple days of being infected.

If the tests for the virus is at all accurate, the 14 day quarantine shout not be necessary. I hope the virus test is a lot cheaper than quarantine.

7 minutes ago, brianp0803 said:

I agree. 
14 days is insane

7 days very likely extreme 

There should be some statistics by now about the length of time in quarantine before infected people showed symptoms.

My guess is 90% of the time symptoms show in less than 3-5 days

A blood tests for the virus should be accurate within a couple days of being infected.

If the tests for the virus is at all accurate, the 14 day quarantine shout not be necessary. I hope the virus test is a lot cheaper than quarantine.

The issue I see is that you are guessing  and i suspect you are incorrect 

at the moment people in quarantine in Thailand are tested on day 5/6 and day 12/13

worldwide the quarantine time is 14 days so why should it be less for Thailand

• Like 1

22 hours ago, anchadian said:
My answers to FAQs:

14-day quarantine continues

People on retirement visas or who own condos are not included

Looks like foreigners can now officially go on repatriation flights

I am not sure if it is just international students or also students of Thai, Muay Thai etc

This is interesting and what I expected would be the case. I expect a lot of readers are wondering about a trip home to see chums and get supplies and most are probably not married but on a retirement visa so you go down to Immigration get your re entry permit and fly back home if they are allowing you to, the UK yesterday gave Thailand a "green" light so no quarantine. You do your stuff and fly back show your re entry permit and the Immigration officer consults his list......"you married?" The answer has to be yes or you going to be stopped and the Visa stamp says Retirement, you could still be married though I know of people who have not converted so hoe do you get past the Immigration Officer?

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

I don't know from which country you are, but as a non native speaker in English I always learned that Spouse implies mariage...??

First replies from Google all give a similar US definition:

Spouse Law and Legal DefinitionSpouse means a married person. It can be person's lawfully married husband or wife. 

I am a non native speaker in English.  Native Dutch . Immigrated to Australia . Now LOS ???? 

A spouse includes another person who: you were in a relationship with that was registered under a prescribed state or territory law. although not legally married to you, lived with you on a genuine domestic basis in a relationship as a couple.

• Confused 3

2 hours ago, digger70 said:

// A spouse includes another person who: you were in a relationship with that was registered under a prescribed state or territory law. although not legally married to you, lived with you on a genuine domestic basis in a relationship as a couple.

Is it your own definition ? :unsure:

Cambridge : a person's husband or wife

Collins : Someone's spouse is the person they are married to

Dictionary : either member of a married pair in relation to the other; one's husband or wife

• Thanks 1

This is very confusing.

My partner (Thai national) needs to go home to Thailand to pick up her daughter, so she needs to get permission from the Thai embassy and only 200 people a day?

I am seeing flights available on sky scanner to leave Aus to bkk so are these flights just going to be cancelled or are they legit?

1 hour ago, Kks88 said:

This is very confusing.

My partner (Thai national) needs to go home to Thailand to pick up her daughter, so she needs to get permission from the Thai embassy and only 200 people a day?

I am seeing flights available on sky scanner to leave Aus to bkk so are these flights just going to be cancelled or are they legit?

Contact the Thai Embassy or Consulate near you and enquire about a Certificate of Entry. I know there is a ban on Australian citizens leaving Australia, not sure about foreign citizens. If she does manage to leave she will have to do 14 days state quarantine in Thailand. But even then she will have almost zero chance of getting back into Australia. Good luck

22 hours ago, digger70 said:

Yes it maybe so. but it says Spouse Right? 

A spouse includes another person who was registered under a prescribed state or territory law.  

Is your spouseship registered according to Thai law ?

1 hour ago, NeoDinosaw said:

Is your spouseship registered according to Thai law ?

Wouldn't you like to know hey. 

The provincial Family Law Act defines spouse as including married spouses and unmarried couples, provided that the unmarried couple has lived together in a "marriage-like relationship" for at least two years, or lived together for less than two years if they have had a child. Because the federal Divorce Act only applies to married spouses, all of the rules that apply when unmarried relationships end are found in the Family Law Act.

This section talks about qualifying as unmarried spouses, the consequences of being in a spousal relationship, and unmarried spouses' entitlement to government benefits. This section also talks about the legal issues involved when a relationship breaks down. 

5 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Dictionary : either member of a married pair in relation to the other; one's husband or wife

Google :   Living Together or Living Apart. The provincial Family Law Act defines spouse as including married spouses and unmarried couples, provided that the unmarried couple has lived together in a "marriage-like relationship" for at least two years, or lived together for less than two years if they have had a child.   ????

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, vinny41 said:

The issue I see is that you are guessing  and i suspect you are incorrect 

at the moment people in quarantine in Thailand are tested on day 5/6 and day 12/13

worldwide the quarantine time is 14 days so why should it be less for Thailand

Initially, the world took the safe approach of 14 days. It was difficult to determine when a person got infected and when they started showing signs.

Now that we have thousands of people that have been quarantined and tested after 5/6 days and 12/13 days, how many quarantined people tested negative on day 5/6 and positive on day 12/13. But maybe nobody is keeping those statistics.

It was a good initial model based on many unknowns. Now with more data, it would be wise to update the model. The model developed in the early stages of the virus may not still be the best model.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, brianp0803 said:

Initially, the world took the safe approach of 14 days. It was difficult to determine when a person got infected and when they started showing signs.

Now that we have thousands of people that have been quarantined and tested after 5/6 days and 12/13 days, how many quarantined people tested negative on day 5/6 and positive on day 12/13. But maybe nobody is keeping those statistics.

It was a good initial model based on many unknowns. Now with more data, it would be wise to update the model. The model developed in the early stages of the virus may not still be the best model.

if the model needs updating it should be done in a controlled environment such as a Who Lab

I am not sure if anyone would accept if the quarantined period was increased to 21 or 28 days 

It seems people are surprised by their "process" being an absolute cluster fahk, and why bother at this point anyway? It's obviously going to be a scheme ran of some sort, until people catch on and they get push back. 

Edited by Starmocihc

On 6/30/2020 at 1:57 AM, fred110 said:

I just tried to mail a postcard to the USA, they refused it. She doesn't know when it will be allowed.

Saw a You Tube video wherein the host (in Austria or Germany I think), was going to ship something to someone in the USA as was usually done and, twice, it was returned refusing delivery.  So the rules are changing everywhere.  It seems. 

8 hours ago, digger70 said:
13 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Google :   Living Together or Living Apart. The provincial Family Law Act defines spouse as including married spouses and unmarried couples, provided that the unmarried couple has lived together in a "marriage-like relationship" for at least two years, or lived together for less than two years if they have had a child.   ????

Who cares?... we know what the Thai Government means by ‘Spouse’ - Legally Married with a Marriage Certificate - any discussion beyond that is moot semantics and pointless. 

IMO - anyone with ‘ties’ to Thailand should be permitted entry (i.e. Children, Marriage, Retirement Visas, Property owners, those with their Yellow Tambien baan, Pink ID cards, Driving licences, Rental agreements etc)... anything really which shows you call Thailand home.... I see no reason to deny any of these people. 

For some it could be difficult, i.e. those who are ‘non legal’ parents, but a letter of Guarantor from the School or a Doctor could side step that hurdle.... 

It could all be made a lot easier for everyone, if those in positions of decision making power even considered it or cared. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Starmocihc said:

It seems people are surprised by their "process" being an absolute cluster fahk, and why bother at this point anyway? It's obviously going to be a scheme ran of some sort, until people catch on and they get push back. 

[and why bother at this point anyway?]

Why bother trying to get back to ones family???????  really  ?

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thanks 2