Thailand’s PM defends further extension of national state of emergency

snoop1130

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

noting that there is still a high risk of a second wave of COVID-19 infections,

Thailand fraud in testing to be praised is quite obvious compared to a lot of other countries in my opinion.

UK testing 136,000 per million

Thai testing a measly 6,700 - which is nearly on a par with Mongolia who have done more.

All deaths in the UK currently appear to be tested for covid - including ALL old people that appear to die of old age, terrorists committing murder and even someone squished by a bus

In 2018 - approx 8.1 people died per 1,000 nationally of all circumstances in Thailand = 8,100 per million. So approx 1,400 per million at LEAST who die are just not being tested for having the virus (8,100-6,700) - non testing of 256 deaths per day AT BEST !

Thailand therefore can only be testing testing about 80% of all deaths at the most, with no tests of live people, or say testing 10% of deaths with 90% of living people. At testing of only 10% of the dead, that equates to say 1350 not tested for the virus at death.

Thailand quite simply is not testing the dead and thereby has no control or idea how bad it is.

I'm not praising the UK by any means or any other high covid country, but high countries are not deliberately not testing the dead

• Thanks 1

All the BS negative comments. But, but, but,,,,,,,,,,,,

Perhaps they prefer the massive cases and deaths, the second waves looking likely, in their own country paradises? 

Be thankful a government here new what to do and took action. And the vast majority of Thai people also followed advice.

Unlike the UK, US and seemingly many more.

• Like 2

I think there is a bigger problem coming to me it appears the money exchange has gone corrupt lets look at China, Australia and Thailand. China owns both counties and Thailand is trillands in debt to China and getting more in debt every day, Australia on the other hand sold much of its land and assets to china so when China says jump the government jumps much of Aust money goes to China  china controls what happens to the money of both counties that is why the Thai baht is eating away at the Aust dollar not because Thailand is doing better than Australia this is corruption

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Thailand fraud in testing to be praised is quite obvious compared to a lot of other countries in my opinion.

UK testing 136,000 per million

Thai testing a measly 6,700 - which is nearly on a par with Mongolia who have done more.

All deaths in the UK currently appear to be tested for covid - including ALL old people that appear to die of old age, terrorists committing murder and even someone squished by a bus

In 2018 - approx 8.1 people died per 1,000 nationally of all circumstances in Thailand = 8,100 per million. So approx 1,400 per million at LEAST who die are just not being tested for having the virus (8,100-6,700) - non testing of 256 deaths per day AT BEST !

Thailand therefore can only be testing testing about 80% of all deaths at the most, with no tests of live people, or say testing 10% of deaths with 90% of living people. At testing of only 10% of the dead, that equates to say 1350 not tested for the virus at death.

Thailand quite simply is not testing the dead and thereby has no control or idea how bad it is.

I'm not praising the UK by any means or any other high covid country, but high countries are not deliberately not testing the dead

You might want to look into the "test" just to find out that there is no validated test !

It is one big FRAUD !!!

The guy who "invented" the test is now being sued by a Scientist in Germany !!!

Many Doctors have confirmed the inaccuracy of the test. That's Science, not Conspiracy !!!

There is actually no Science about it all as the virus has never been properly isolated. [Koch's Rule #1 !!!]

"War of the Worlds" worked a long time ago and the concept still works today ! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Sympathy isn't good enough. 

And with the restrictive measures in place for a lot of businesses to open (many won't re-open), and the largest unemployment figures in decades, the number of poor people in Thailand will increase incredibly.

But do the government or the elite care ? I don't think so. 

On the contrary, I think that they care very much.

The greater the number of poor and unemployed, the more routes out of poverty and unemployment they manage to close off, the more people are dependent upon them for any kind of living. The more pliant the labour force, the cheaper the labour force. And as a sort of socioeconomic "Brucie bonus", they are closing down much of the competition, real or potential, to their own businesses. I suits them very much thank you!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

nonsense,Thailand has faired very well in the fight against COVID-19 transmission and infection rates. Measures put in place early by Khun Prayut Chan O Cha were necessary to ensure effective risk management as has been proven so just keep blowing your trumpet ... but kindly in your own kitchen ... lol

Capture.Prayut2.PNG.db19f48896e736694998880bd557732e.PNG

Agreed, but sadly the cost to the population has been devastating, common ground should have been considered.  The virus won't being going away as its global and not localized.  The only way to contain the contagion is to remain on border lock down indefinitely - which is not viable and will probably put Thailand into civil war, hence the decree to control the population extension.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, smudger1951 said:

Judging by the exchange rate to the baht he must be doing something right which the financial world likes. It has'nt shifted throughout this lockdown emergency.

No, because the Thai Foreign Reserve Account is in excellent  shape and could meet its foreign debt.  

24 minutes ago, Percy P said:

No, because the Thai Foreign Reserve Account is in excellent  shape and could meet its foreign debt.  

Fantastic, a lot of the poor people here with no jobs, no food and the prospect of not having a place to live could use some of those foreign reserves.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, smudger1951 said:

Judging by the exchange rate to the baht he must be doing something right which the financial world likes. It has'nt shifted throughout this lockdown emergency.

Waiting until his masters have shifted enough out of the country: to reverse it when the baht tanks - again - after which it'll all come back and the buying will begin.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, tomauasia said:

Yes All counts are fake. But his stepped up his assault with setting up liked opposition before elections. This guy is the worst ever in the country's history.

Fake? are you surprised? you know the saying - if you stay in Thailand too long, one day you'll wake up and find everything you own is fake (including all those big-footed girls).

quote ''Thailand quite simply is not testing the dead and thereby has no control or idea how bad it is. '' let me make myself a 2nd cup of coffee, add a dash of whiskey and I'll get back to you in the minute.

How long do we think is a reasonable time to decide whether a 2nd wave is coming or not? Over a month now and no reported new cases, if that figure is correct then things should be back to normal pretty much on the 1st of August, we would have then have had 2 clear months, unless one is reported late in the day and here we go again.

I suspect Thailand is under the terrible delusion that Covid19 is now somehow over for this country.

It won't be long until the virus spreads again - and Im certainly concerned that this time it really WILL be bad and with a considerable body count.

What then?

If that DID happen, it's a total and under death knell for Thailand.

On 6/29/2020 at 6:35 PM, Thaiwrath said:

Sympathy isn't good enough. 

And with the restrictive measures in place for a lot of businesses to open (many won't re-open), and the largest unemployment figures in decades, the number of poor people in Thailand will increase incredibly.

But do the government or the elite care ? I don't think so. 

Boy, did you nail that! Your a master carpenter! No sarcasm intended

• Thanks 1