Rolling Stones threaten to sue Donald Trump over use of songs

snoop1130

11 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

He should drop it, does not look good to be associtaed with a convicted drug user and one who had a 13 year old girlfriend.

Yer......especially when the marriage only lasted a week............................

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

The odd thing about this is he's been using the song for 5 years, and I've been under the impression the band (or its handlers) are ok with it.  Other musicians who have disapproved of his use of their material have responded within a day or two of it happening, like Neil Young did when he announced his campaign and Tom Petty's estate did a few weeks ago.

Well, there have been rumors since the 1990s that Keith Richard died but no one can tell the difference, maybe there's some truth to it.  ????

42 minutes ago, bendejo said:

The odd thing about this is he's been using the song for 5 years, and I've been under the impression the band (or its handlers) are ok with it.

The odd thing is that the stones are demanding since May 2016 that Trump stops using their music

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-36210829

Rolling Stones tell Trump to stop using their music

• 5 May 2016
  • Like 1

On 6/29/2020 at 7:22 PM, sanuk711 said:

Yer......especially when the marriage only lasted a week............................

Which Stones' member's marriage to whom are you alleging only lasted a week?   To help you out, none of them fits your assertion.

Edited by Bob A Kneale

46 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Which Stones' member's marriage to whom are you alleging only lasted a week?   To help you out, none of them fits your assertion.

What are you getting upset about Bob, ???

According to Mandy smith Bio & and Bill Wyman Movie Bio "The Quite One" which was released last year-it was supposed to be at the tribeca film festival, there was talk of it being  cancelled  after this all surfaced once again......I don't know if it was--.I  picked it up on line.

He says 13----she says 14.....

They didn't get married for years...not until she was 18, then they broke up after just 1 week, he says , -mainly because of the mother (who came away with them on the honeymoon----and then latter married his step son----what a mess) -----although the dragged out  "how much do I get"? went on for 2 years then they divorced and she married footballer Pat Van Den Hauwe. which didn't last much longer.

Its a good film Bob...............

He Says.....

The former Rolling Stones star was 47 and Mandy was just 13 when their relationship began and the pair went on to tie the knot when she was 18 but Bill has admitted he was "really stupid" to think that the marriage was a good idea

7 May 2019

Speaking in the documentary 'The Quiet One', which premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival last week, Bill, 82, said: "It was from the heart. It wasn't lust, which people were seeing it as. I was really stupid to ever think it could possibly work. She was too young. I felt she had to go out and see life for a bit."
'The Quiet One' is written and directed by British filmmaker Oliver Murray and features footage and photos from Wyman's time with the Rolling Stones.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She says

On one level, she's the last person you'd expect to be pontificating about the age of consent. Yet on another, who could be more qualified?

Mandy Smith was 14 when she embarked upon a sexual relationship with Rolling Stone Bill Wyman.

Shockingly - criminally - young, she concedes today.........Daily Mail

New faith: Mandy Smith today

Who is Mandy Smith and where is she now?

Now aged 48, Mandy Smith is an English former pop singer and model..

In 1983, when Smith was only 13 years old, a relationship allegedly began between her and 47-year-old Bill Wyman.

Mandy Smith in 2009 Mandy Smith in 2009. Picture: Getty

In 1993, she married footballer Pat Van Den Hauwe, but this also only lasted two years. In 2001, she was briefly engaged to Vanity Fair model Ian Mosby, and they had a son, Max Harrison Mosby.

She also had a brief pop career, and released several singles in the 1980s and 1990s. While she didn't score a UK top 40 hit, she had several minor hits across Europe.

In recent years, Mandy has preferred to keep out of the public eye. She moved to Manchester, where by 2011 she was living as a single mum while running a PR company, Kiss PR, with her sister Nicola.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, sanuk711 said:
20 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

What are you getting upset about Bob, ???

According to Mandy smith Bio & and Bill Wyman Movie Bio "The Quite One" which was released last year-it was supposed to be at the tribeca film festival, there was talk of it being  cancelled  after this all surfaced once again......I don't know if it was--.I  picked it up on line.

He says 13----she says 14.....

They didn't get married for years...

I wasn't getting upset, I was just pointing out your 100% inaccurate assertion.  No Rolling Stone married any 13-year old and no Rolling Stone's marriage lasted just one week.  That is factual.

And Bill Wyman's documentary film (it was not "his bio") was not called "The Quite One" [sic], either.

Edited by Bob A Kneale

7 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

I wasn't getting upset, I was just pointing out your 100% inaccurate assertion.  No Rolling Stone married any 13-year old and no Rolling Stone's marriage lasted just one week.  That is factual.

Hi Bob--Sorry if I thought you were getting upset------ Bob nowhere in any of the posts does it say the he married a 13 year old---would be impossible to do in the UK, he does say in his Bio film that it lasted (the marriage) only one week & after the the 7 day Honeymoon he came back and they parted with her.(he blames the mother who joined them----for going with his stepson) Of course it takes time for the legal wheels to turn.

I got divorced in the 90s, in Oz..... but that took 18 months, you had to be apart for 1 year then stuff had to be done before--then get in line, to get your Decree Nisi*** & we had full agreement about payment etc. His was done nearly 40 years ago when there wasn't --"No Fault" divorce" as there is now.

I was married for nearly 26 years we parted, then after nearly 2 years official---- when someone asks me how long I was married for I don't say 28 years --we both were with someone else by then---the marriage ended after 26 years---His marriage ended after 7 days... (according to both him & her) she was being classed as a WAG before the 2 years were & final papers.***

***The decree nisi is a provisional decree of divorce pronounced when the court

is satisfied that a person has met the legal and procedural requirements to obtain

a divorce. Following the pronouncement of decree nisi,

the marriage still exists and you are not yet 'divorced'.

***WAG is an acronym used to refer to wives and girlfriends of high-profile sportspersons

. The term may also be used in the singular form, WAG, to refer to a specific female partner

or life partner who is in a relationship with a sportsperson. The term and its use has been

described as demeaning to women and sexist. Wikipedia